Finally got some time for Cash and Tank.

postoakshorthairs

Finally got some time for Cash and Tank.

Post by postoakshorthairs » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:00 pm

Well, between my son breaking his leg playing baseball and my trip in an ambulance (turns out I'm severely allergic to hornets) I haven't had much time since it started to cool down to get a couple of my pups on birds. Cash is my pup out of Brenda's Fritz x Izzy litter and Tank is a 3 month old pup out of FC/AFC Caden's Coupe DeVille x a female of mine. Cash was working pretty close until he got into some birds then he found his legs. He busted the first one after a flash point and learned his lesson. The bird he's pointing in the pictures he spun on and locked up tight. He let me take several pictures and walk around him for a minute or more. I flushed it for him and he was introduced to the gun as he was in pursuit. This was tank's first exposure to birds other than chasing and mouthing a clipped quail as a 6 week old pup. He pointed the first bird then bumped it and gave a short chase. Both the pups had a great time and thanks to some great flying birds they both learned a lesson. Anyway, I promised a couple on here I'd post some pictures, so hope you enjoy.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Re: Finally got some time for Cash and Tank.

Post by birddogger » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Great photos and good looking dogs. Sorry for your frustrating luck, but life happens. I am glad you can finally get out and work dogs!

I hope your son heels well and gets back to normal. At least you found that you are allergic to bee stings and can keep some medication with you.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:22 pm

At least you found that you are allergic to bee stings and can keep some medication with you.
Well.....to be perfectly honest I kinda knew I was a little allergic to yellow jackets and have been told I should carry an epi pen, but being a hard headed man (and a medical person to boot) I never got one. I learned my lesson to say the least. Thanks for the wishes for my son, he broke both bones in his lower leg covering second base on a steal. Cast off in one more week.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:17 pm

My favourite is the little liver colored pup. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:28 pm

Great pics. Cash has got an intense point going on there. Is Tank just now getting GDF time :roll: ? Didn't know you had another pup project.

Well, at least you know when to call an ambulance. 8) Sorry to hear about your son's injury, but glad he's at the tail end of it.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Nice pics. I like those action shots. They seem very intense on birds.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:49 pm

Well well, now looky what Marc has will ya?..... :D
Marc sorry to hear about your son hope he recovers ok....I'm gonna bet he held on and the runner was out...
Dude your a medic person you know your allergic and no Epi pen? What gives me man.......
Been waiting for a few pics, dogs are looking good, let me guess Tank is the Liver dog? I'm kinda partial but I luv Cooper pups man.

Good stuff Marc.

Chip

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:58 am

let me guess Tank is the Liver dog? I'm kinda partial but I luv Cooper pups man.
You got it. I knew you were partial to the Cooper pups and i think he's gonna be a nice one. I really like this Fritz pup too, seemed like the switch turned on after the birds the other day.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:10 am

Lookin good:) Both pups... I got the first pup entered in JH in Ky this weekend. She is doin great except for the Come part. We got the rest of the week for that:)
brenda

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:18 am

Lookin good:) Both pups... I got the first pup entered in JH in Ky this weekend. She is doin great except for the Come part. We got the rest of the week for that:)
Thanks! Good luck with the tests.