A question about black GSP's

hazdj

A question about black GSP's

Post by hazdj » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Does anyone know how many black GSP's have obtained an AFC or FC or know how we could get this information. We have only been field trialing for one year and have not seen or heard of any.

hazdj

Re: A question about black GSP's

Post by hazdj » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Thank you Howie :D

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:09 pm

They only championships I have heard of are from a guy that runs NSTRA and touts his dog as the only male b&w gsp to win any kind of field championship. That is all I know.

Congrats on the AFC that is a serious accomplishment. Can you post a pedigree for Sally I would like to see it. Thanks

hazdj

Post by hazdj » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Thank you!!
I will work on posting a pedigree.. I am new at this and not sure how to yet.

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Congrats on the AFC. Regardless of the color of the dog its a nice accomplishment.

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:54 pm

ACooper wrote:They only championships I have heard of are from a guy that runs NSTRA and touts his dog as the only male b&w gsp to win any kind of field championship. That is all I know.

Congrats on the AFC that is a serious accomplishment. Can you post a pedigree for Sally I would like to see it. Thanks
I think he was referring to a solid black GSP. There is another black and white GSP female named Dixieland's Black Magic who is a three time NSTRA champion last time I checked. The gentleman who owns the male you are referring to also owns a female out of the female I mentioned above and Crosswind's Truckin's Fritz. She is an outstanding female who is just getting started in her NSTRA career but is having some good early success. Also, to my knowledge he is the only black and white male GSP to earn any field trial title.

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 am

I figured that. Just responding to another poster.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:24 am

Congrats on the AFC Dennis....

Howie, did you see the bottom side there with Sheza Vac bred to a Ranger son? That was'nt some of your stuff was it?
Sorry to hijack the thread.

adogslife

Post by adogslife » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Is the lack of black title holders due to ability or color,or both?

adogslife

raven3

Post by raven3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:20 pm

I am also curious what peoples thoughts are on this question.
Jen

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:24 pm

Just aren't that many out there.

Dave Quindt

Post by Dave Quindt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:51 pm

Joy Clay had a B&W dog that Ed Hart placed 4th at Eureka in the futurity, in 2002.

When I got started in trialing, there was talk of a black GSP on the east coast in the early 90's that had either finished their FC and then was killed in an accident soon after, or was on the verge of finishing. No one was quite sure, as the owner wasn't an established trialer and had just run a few non-GSP trials and had done some winning. The local GSP folks knew nothing about the dog; an AKC rep had heard about the dog and though it had finished. This all came up when someone was running a B&W GSP; someone made the comment that there already had been a black FC.

Dennis, congrats on your AFC. It's quite the accomplishment. The best way to determine if your dog is the first black GSP AFC (if that's your goal) is to call the AKC performance division and see if they can query their records. Or, you can contact Patte Titus who handles the breed education and historical research issues for the GSPCA; her contact info is available here: http://gspca.org/General/committees.html.

FYI,
Dave

hazdj

Post by hazdj » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:49 pm

Dave thank you for the info and the link. I have put an email into Patte at GSPCA. Thanks everyone for the congrats!!!

raven3

Post by raven3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Hey everyone
I just figured I would let you know the results of our email to Patte Titus from the GSPCA.. She said she was aware of one black GSP that was close to a field (FC AFC) champion but as far as she was aware it hadn't finished.. As far as we are aware our Sally may be the first to achieve an AFC... Not that it amounts to a hill of beans, but It is something we can be proud of as her owners. She is 3 points away from the FC, so after she has her pups, we will see what 2010 will bring.

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Jen

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:34 pm

I believe she would have been referring to Joy Clay's dog. BIG CONGRATS on the accomplishment, that's awesome!
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)