Type of Beagle

BeagleFan

Type of Beagle

Post by BeagleFan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey, someone dropped off this pup in my son's cage and he just didn't fit in so we brought him home. He is great. I think he was abused whomever did it becaue he is very skiddish so far. He is getting use to us plus our house Beagle. We can't figure out what kind he might be. I will try to ad a pic.
I don't think it worked right........
Last edited by BeagleFan on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Re: Type of Beagle

Post by mcbosco » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:58 pm

i cant tell from the photo if the coloring on his legs and nose is his natural hair color or irritated and infected skin. it looks like that dog needs some serious TLC. he looks sweet and i am sure he will be happy with you.
Last edited by mcbosco on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Don't know what it is, but it's not a beagle. Bless you for giving him a home and taking care of him.

BeagleFan

Post by BeagleFan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:44 pm

Thanks, but seriously it is his skin color it works like from us. He has no soars or cuts or mange,etc. Just weird coloring. When I take hime to the vet maybe they might know. But you don't think he has beagle in him?
Last edited by BeagleFan on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dudleysmith

Post by dudleysmith » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:47 pm

The dog has beagle in him..I have a AKC registered one that resembles him. It is a line called Patch..

BeagleFan

Post by BeagleFan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Just checked him out, all that brownish is fur. We gave him a bath already too so its coloring. He is so sweet, still real shy but he'll get used to us.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:10 pm

well thats good, have fun with him

BeagleFan

Post by BeagleFan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:13 pm

We will.......
Last edited by BeagleFan on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:25 pm

dudleysmith wrote:The dog has beagle in him..I have a AKC registered one that resembles him. It is a line called Patch..

That is correct Dudley. My brother in law runs beagles, we just talked about the "patch" bloodline. He bought a 3/4 bramlett 1/4 patch pup the other day.

dudleysmith

Post by dudleysmith » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:27 pm

birdogg42 wrote:
dudleysmith wrote:The dog has beagle in him..I have a AKC registered one that resembles him. It is a line called Patch..

That is correct Dudley. My brother in law runs beagles, we just talked about the "patch" bloodline. He bought a 3/4 bramlett 1/4 patch pup the other day.
I am betting this pup is Patch myself. Give him a few months and see if he will run a rabbit.

BeagleFan

Post by BeagleFan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:41 pm

I think we are just keeping him as an indoor pet.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Sure looks like a field bred roan beagle which is not a coloring you see often. Bet you will like it.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:16 pm

"red ticked".

http://www.crbeagles.com/misc/beagle_colors.htm

Click on the "red and white" words to see your dog.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Kyle Lucas

Post by Kyle Lucas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:09 am

I've never posted on here, but I coonhunt as well as birdhunt and that looks to me like a really young English "Redtick" Coonhound, if its a beagle, thats a leggy beagle. You can see dogs that look like this on UKC's coonhound classifieds under English DOgs. These dogs have a strong variation like pointers do, they can be light colored like that to a dark red or brown, or black, or even a bluetick English.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:49 am

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. Now why didn't I think of that. :roll: (Look at the feet and the tail too.)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Sharon wrote:I think you may have hit the nail on the head. Now why didn't I think of that. :roll: (Look at the feet and the tail too.)
Don't believe that is a puppy from the looks of the feet but you will soon know. Would guess the people who have it would know if it was a puppy though since they are familiar with beagles.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

BeagleFan

Post by BeagleFan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:03 pm

he is just fine. He has "No" infected skin. It is his fur coloring. Also he is getting along just fine. He thinks he owns the place now. He sleeps up on the couch with our other dog. They play together alot. I took him to the vet the other day because he has worms and she said he still has all his baby teeth. See, we don't know who the owner was because they just dumped him off in my son's friends hunting pen. (Guess they just didn't want him) He stayed there for about 2 weeks but then we brought him home to make him our pet.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 pm

Teething isn't finished until 5 0r 6 months so you definately have a young dog who will grow into those big feet. He looks great. Makes me jealous ; I do miss having a hound.

BeagleFan

Post by BeagleFan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:04 pm

We are just wondering how big is he gonna get. Some say he has part coonhound, I've heard some say (at the vet) part Lab, we really don't know. The vet just put down beagle mix. He is so loving. It is hard to believe someone didn't even want him. Just a shame such people are out there.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:37 pm

Sometimes folks have so many problems ( finances, relationships, children, health), that a dog is on the bottom of their list.

Can't even guess at a possible weight.

BeagleFan

Post by BeagleFan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Right now he is 18.7 lbs at the vet the other day. He eats like crazy. I have him on puppy chow now.......

kerplunk105

Post by kerplunk105 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:17 pm

My vote is redtick Coohound!

-Elizabeth
Bliss, Labrador
Tegan, Weim/Labrador

BeagleFan

Post by BeagleFan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:56 am

Oh my gosh, how big do they get? Except for Buddy having more white on him it does look like the coloring and all.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:10 am

About Great Dane size and they howl all night. :wink:

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:48 am

BeagleFan wrote:Hey, someone dropped off this pup in my son's cage and he just didn't fit in so we brought him home. He is great. I think he was abused whomever did it becaue he is very skiddish so far. He is getting use to us plus our house Beagle. We can't figure out what kind he might be. I will try to ad a pic.
A couple of weeks ago at obedience class we saw what looked like a GSP, but was coloured just like that. However, he had the traditionally cut GSP tail. The people told us it was a French Pointer (Braque Francais). Perhaps this little guy may be part of that breed?
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

kerplunk105

Post by kerplunk105 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:09 pm

Still think its an English (aka Redtick) Coonhound...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Coonhound
-Elizabeth
Bliss, Labrador
Tegan, Weim/Labrador

BeagleFan

Post by BeagleFan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Updat on Buddy. Yeah think he might have some red tick in him now. Thats Ok. He is so lovable. Here is an update pic. Hope this one isn't as big as before.