What age to Chip?

Mntngoat

What age to Chip?

Post by Mntngoat » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:55 pm

We should end up with a new GSP in a few more weeks. At what age is it recommended to have a microchip inserted. Iam not sure if there is an acceprtaed age to have thsi done.

Michael

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:46 pm

The AVID chip company says any time after 5 weeks
I do my pups as they get picked up to go to their new homes which is 7 weeks...
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Brett D.

Post by Brett D. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:40 pm

I'm getting my dog chipped next month. Hes long overdue.
Mntngoat, What part of So cal do you live in?
Brett

MNGSP

Post by MNGSP » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:11 am

How much does this usually cost?

It seems like a good insurance measure to me.

Jon

gone

Post by gone » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:48 pm

MNGSP wrote:How much does this usually cost?

It seems like a good insurance measure to me.

Jon
Our local humane society charges $15 or $25 I think which is a great investment. I had my others done with their shots. My two dogs I have now are due.

MNGSP

Post by MNGSP » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:44 pm

Wow! I'll definitely be doing it if that's all it costs!

Jon

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:46 pm

My vet only charges $25

Brett D.

Post by Brett D. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:30 pm

Wow $25 I was going to go to a micro chipping clinic next month with our dog club and if I remember right it was twice that much. I think I will shop around now. It might just be that I am paying the So Cal price.

pear

Post by pear » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:42 pm

I think I paid $35.00 including registration if the information. I think some places charge for the implant, and send the paperwork home for you to send in with additional fee. Be sure which way it works before you compare prices, so you'll know if your getting a better deal or not....."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

tashaz33

Post by tashaz33 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:47 pm

Anyone know of who to ask to get microchipped? My vet charges $50 bucks! Little steep from what I have been hearing. I might shop around and call a few different vets in the area.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:03 pm

Try your local animal shelter and animal control..alot of them offer the service
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

RitaSmyth

Post by RitaSmyth » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:31 am

Wow....my vet just quoted me $73.00 to get my pup chipped. I thought that was not to bad considering the benefits....guess I definately need to shop around.

gundogguru

Post by gundogguru » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:14 pm

WE just and Gunner chipped Friday in was 35 for the vet and 17.00 to register