dog training today

mikebill11

dog training today

Post by mikebill11 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:00 pm

So I took my dog out today to run him on some quail. He had his first find before he even had a chance to drop his load :D
He had a nice point on about 6 quail. He hunted about 1/2 hr and I found him standing tall on another covey of quail. Then about 10 minutes later I hear some barking and growling and get to the top of the hill just in time to see him turn and run and a black and white kitty with it tail high in the air. So he had two finds and still got skunked.
I am just hoping my wife doesn't kick me out to sleep with the dog tonight :lol:

twofeathers

Re: dog training today

Post by twofeathers » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:19 pm

mikebill11 wrote:So I took my dog out today to run him on some quail. He had his first find before he even had a chance to drop his load :D
He had a nice point on about 6 quail. He hunted about 1/2 hr and I found him standing tall on another covey of quail. Then about 10 minutes later I hear some barking and growling and get to the top of the hill just in time to see him turn and run and a black and white kitty with it tail high in the air. So he had two finds and still got skunked.
I am just hoping my wife doesn't kick me out to sleep with the dog tonight :lol:
At least that kitty didn't get you to I got hit last year from about 10 feet. Took three days for me to not smell it anymore.

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:10 am

If your wife had any sense, she would have kicked you out years ago. :) Sorry to hear that neighbor, but it serves you right for not inviting me to get in on the quail!!!

Nitrex

D2shorthairs

Post by D2shorthairs » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:54 am

You made out OK.........a few years back one of my dogs went in and got the kitty and retrieved it to me. She wasn't going to put it down until I took it. I retreated to the truck and grabbed a bucket and got her to drop it and I put the bucket on it. Thank GOD she had hurt it enough that it didn't get me like it got her. The front of her was yellow she got sprayed so much.. couldn't hardly open her eyes. She is one tough dog but that was real ugly. The air was so thick with the smell I could taste it for the rest of the day.

mikebill11

Post by mikebill11 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:35 pm

nitrex wrote:If your wife had any sense, she would have kicked you out years ago. :) Sorry to hear that neighbor, but it serves you right for not inviting me to get in on the quail!!!

Nitrex
hey nitrex i would have invited you to come along but everytime i invite you to go we never seem to find the quail. I don't know if it is you or your dogs, but we have no problem finding them when your not around