E Collars

grousetales

E Collars

Post by grousetales » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:56 am

I have a question about e collars. I want to buy a two dog unit and was thinking of the Dogtra or Tri tronics collar. This would be the beeper and shock collar combined. I would like to hear from both collars if possiable.

Thanks GT

Shagrunner

Re: E Collars

Post by Shagrunner » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:51 pm

I have personally always used Tri-tronics and never had a serious problem. I have had to call customer support a couple of times and they have always been terrific to work with. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the top brands. You just have the pick the one that looks best to you, fits your hand and has the features you're looking for. I think most of TT's handle 3 dogs so you should be ok in that regard.

bossman

Post by bossman » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:09 pm

While the TT has an excellent transmitter..it also has the worst beeper in the industry in my opinion. I have both and much prefer the Dogtra

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:24 pm

i have never owned a tri-tronics, but have the dogtra 2502 and absolutely love it. i can't find anything wrong with it yet.

Munster

Post by Munster » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:12 pm

I have a TT G3 Field 90, I hate it! I love TT normally, but this collar I just dont get. If I put the setting on '1' Abby acts like she doesnt feel it! If I jump it up to "2" she acts like I just fried her! I had an older one that I didnt have any problem with.

I am going to call TT tomorrow and ask if they can work with me on trading it for a Flyway or pro 200. There is a BIG diffrence in the levels.

Just wanted to make you aware of it.

Bossman, do tell more about the beeper problems. I woul dlike to know before I get one.
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.