Pudelpointer

Ryan

Pudelpointer

Post by Ryan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:45 am

I ran across this breed while i was looking at some training stuff on the net. Anyone have one of these dogs? Or used to have one?

gusto

Post by gusto » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:05 am

I helped train my brothers and hunt/train with his dog throughout the year. Great dogs, very versatile and best of all they have a small dedicated group of breeders. Chances are that your going to get a good dog. Check the breeders choice awards through NAVHDA. Also check CAPA Canadian American Pudelpointer Association for breeder info if your interested in purchasing.

Donnerhund GWP

Post by Donnerhund GWP » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:36 am

PudelPointers are not at all uncommon in NAVHDA tests. I don't recall if we have seen any recently at Wasatch Mountain chapter. Others I have encountered include: Large and Small Musterlander, Wirehaired pointing Griffon, Deutch Drahthaar, Deutch Kurtzhaar, Spinone Italiano, and others.
See NAVHDA versatile breeds listed in the NAVHDA Aims, Programs, Test Rules book at http://www.navhda.org/testrule.pdf
Men in Black -- Protecting Earth from the scum of the Universe
-------------------------------------------------------
Donnerhund!
Registered German Wirehaired Pointers

Chief_dog

Post by Chief_dog » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:30 am

I had the pleasure of hunting over a nery nice Pudelpointer several times this season. I'm a GSP guy myself, but I wouldn't hesitate to own one like her if I did more pheasant hunting. I was very impressed with her tracking and retreiving abilities. She had a great nose. Super nice in the house and around other dogs, and no shedding.