Central Missouri Field Trial Clubs

kandrgundog

Central Missouri Field Trial Clubs

Post by kandrgundog » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:00 pm

Hello All,

I will be retiring from the Air Force in December. I have been in South Carolina for the past 7 years, where I have been and presently am a member of the South Carolina Bird Hunters Association. The SCBHA is a chapter of the NBHA. I am active in field trials, to include judging Gun Dog Stakes. I run primarily shorthairs, but also have a pointer from time to time. I was the breeder of the NBHA South Carolina Runner-up Amature Puppy of the Year 2003-2004.

Now to my point, I have been looking for a club in the central part of the Missouri. I have not been able to find one. Most of the Trials look to be in the north or west part of the state. I will be about 25 miles south of Rolla. If anyone knows of a club or is interested in starting one, please let me know. I will have enough property to put on a good trial. It does not have to be NBHA.

Thanks

Ken

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genedit.php?id=220

pear

Post by pear » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:16 pm

Ken I tried to look at the pedigree for your dog. it doesn't seem to work. I think the link is :

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=220

I think where you have /4genedit it should be /4genview

"pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

kandrgundog

Post by kandrgundog » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:26 pm

Pear, Thanks I will try again.

Ken

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=220

pear

Post by pear » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:53 pm

Ken you did good. And by the way nice pedigree...."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

kandrgundog

Post by kandrgundog » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:59 pm

Pera,

Thank you. Now I need to get the rest of the peds uploaded. I have 3 more to do. 2 will have similiar to the top side of Buck. One of them is out of Snip's Kennel.

Ken

kandrgundog

Post by kandrgundog » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:00 pm

Sorry Pear (Pera) should have edited.

Ken

pear

Post by pear » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:04 pm

kandrgundog wrote:Pera,

Thank you. Now I need to get the rest of the peds uploaded. I have 3 more to do. 2 will have similiar to the top side of Buck. One of them is out of Snip's Kennel.

Ken
You can't go wrong there....Brenda's got good pups, that's for sure.

No problem on the spelling I hit the keys backwards often myself..."pear"

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

kandrgundog

Post by kandrgundog » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:15 pm

Pear,

Looks like you have some pretty good dogs. Are hunt test what you mainly do or do you trial some?

Ken

pear

Post by pear » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:02 pm

Ken, Hunt Test, participate in NAVHDA, and play in the NBDCA, and UFTA....Spend way too much time and money on dogs but then again, I don't think you can take it with ya...."pear"

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

kandrgundog

Post by kandrgundog » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:51 pm

Pear,

How do you like the NBDCA? They look to be widely scattered, not really by regions. Aren't the entry fees a little high?

Ken

pear

Post by pear » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:47 pm

kandrgundog wrote:Pear,

How do you like the NBDCA? They look to be widely scattered, not really by regions. Aren't the entry fees a little high?

Ken
Ken, I do enjoy the NBDCA, I like any venue where I can play with my dogs. It's broken down into regions, but only for who goes to the nationals. ( Top 12 in each region, in each class). The regions are fairly equal in terms of the number participating. You can also participate outside of your region if you wish, and yes they are scattered. As to cost, it is expensive, until you hold one. Pay for birds, pay bird setters, pay score keepers, buy prizes, (plaques, printed certificates, or trophies) then pay the sanctioning fee, and something to the land owner if that isn't the event holder.... well it's not a money maker to say the least. Ken it's best described as a game we play as a hobby, and what hobby isn't expensive anymore...? "pear"

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

kandrgundog

Post by kandrgundog » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:51 pm

I guess I have been spoiled. We are paying $30 entry fees. The difference appears to be that we can usually find volunteers to plant the birds and judge. The rules state that a judge gets paid $50 dollars per trial, but I don't know of anyone excepting the money. We do have to buy birds and prizes. We have the same core group of people at each trial, so it usually works out pretty good. I judged 2 trials this year some did not judge at all. The judging was good experience for me. I seen how the other folks were beating me and placed at 2 of the 3 remaining trials after that.

Ken