Cotton Bowl!

proudag08

Cotton Bowl!

Post by proudag08 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:00 am

The Aggies are gonna beat the ever livin outta the swamp kitties tonight and I'm gonna be there to see it happen! After tonight the SEC will be glad we didnt decide to come over (even though this Ag wishes we would have!). All you LA bird doggers, you better get ready, it aint gonna be pretty!!!

Gig em ags!!!

Birddogz

Re: Cotton Bowl!

Post by Birddogz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:42 am

Whip that SEC tail!
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Redfishkilla

Post by Redfishkilla » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:57 am

I hope the ags don't embarrass the Big 12, LSU is no joke. The ag D is gunna have to play like they did against OU. IMO, Ags-24 LSU-35. My folks will be there. My mom was there the year they let girls in, one of the first 300 aggie ladies, she’d kill me if she knew I typed that though.

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:09 am

God bless the Aggies for taking Sherman the Accountant out of the coaching pool for the NFL and NCAA alike. Prayers go out that A&M wins and retains him for another five years of coaching ineptitude and alumni frustration about not having the best college football team money can buy - just like everything else in Texas. Jerry Jones sure likes to see them Aggies lose - but if A&M were to win the Cotton Bowl he might slot The Accountant as the Cowboys' next coach after Garrett. That would be a boon to the rest of the NFL, just as having Sherman at College Station is great news for Big 12 rivals. I can see the tears from both Gene Stallings and Bear Bryant as to having this clown among their successors. The only bad thing about LSU losing is it could cause Les Miles to jump ship for Michigan - whereas the SEC's got ol' Les right where it wants him, hopefully for the next 15 years...

MG

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:25 am

Redfishkilla wrote: Ags-24 LSU-35.
I'm telling your mom!!! You ought to be ashamed of yourself! :lol:
crackerd wrote:God bless the Aggies for taking Sherman the Accountant out of the coaching pool for the NFL and NCAA alike. Prayers go out that A&M wins and retains him for another five years of coaching ineptitude and alumni frustration about not having the best college football team money can buy - just like everything else in Texas. Jerry Jones sure likes to see them Aggies lose - but if A&M were to win the Cotton Bowl he might slot The Accountant as the Cowboys' next coach after Garrett. That would be a boon to the rest of the NFL, just as having Sherman at College Station is great news for Big 12 rivals. I can see the tears from both Gene Stallings and Bear Bryant as to having this clown among their successors. The only bad thing about LSU losing is it could cause Les Miles to jump ship for Michigan - whereas the SEC's got ol' Les right where it wants him, hopefully for the next 15 years...
Another fan jaded by Sherman :roll: ... I'll say this, the only thing that saved Sherman's job was this bowl game. People were calling for his head when he wouldnt take Johnson out this year, even after 7 interceptions in 3 games. He's got some work to do to win over the Aggie nation thats for sure but his recruiting seems to be helping. Who you should really be praying for is Texas State... they just got coach Fran. Heaven help them... :wink:

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 am

I feel your pain on both fronts, Fraudchione especially, though Sherman's got to be the only ex-NFL head coach who wasn't offered another job even after getting fired by Green Bay with a .650 or so percentage winning record. Man cannot coach. Cannot coach a lick. I would take Fraudchione or Edd Hargett coaching out of an insurance company office over Sherman the Accountant. Or is he the Sherman who used to keep Mr. Peabody company? Good luck nevertheless.

MG

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:56 am

Redfishkilla wrote:I hope the ags don't embarrass the Big 12, LSU is no joke. The ag D is gunna have to play like they did against OU. IMO, Ags-24 LSU-35. My folks will be there. My mom was there the year they let girls in, one of the first 300 aggie ladies, she’d kill me if she knew I typed that though.
Ditto. They should not look past LSU. They're the real deal. Obviously as a diehard Sooner, I loathe them entirely. :wink:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

mrcreole

Post by mrcreole » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:58 am

How are yall gonna beat LSU when most of you can't even screw in a light bulb! LOL

If the Aggies win I will sell you a pup for half price!

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Geaux Tigers. LSU is gonna put an a$% whuppin on the Aggies. The Ags D just ain't up to the task and their O Line can't stand up to the Tigers D Line. Better be ready for a shutdown of the run game and sacks galore. Make sure you don't throw Patrick Peterson's way either or it's gonna be a pick six. I live in Oklahoma now but am originally from down around Slidell, La. The Tigers are my second favorite team behind Bama, Roll Tide, and the SEC is a training and proving ground for future NFL stars. If you can play in the SEC then you can play with the big boys on Sunday. I did see a couple of Aggies games this year and last year because they are regionally televised here and they did seem to be getting back to the days of the Wrecking Crew defense but they ain't there yet and their offense has too many holes in it to beat LSU. Sorry Proudag but you are going down. :lol:

kbshorthairs

Post by kbshorthairs » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:52 pm

I will root for anyone playing against a Les Miles coached team. Go Aggies! (should probably copy this for future proof that I actually typed it) :D

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Is it time for someone to say..."Hook 'em Horns?"

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Go Buckeyes! Oh, wait, that was Tuesday night. I hate the end of the college football season! No bird hunting, and No football. :cry:
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:57 pm

I dont know who I hate worse A&M or LSU, at least LSU has a good program...A&M only thinks they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:04 pm

kbshorthairs wrote:I will root for anyone playing against a Les Miles coached team.
x50

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Birddogz wrote:Go Buckeyes! Oh, wait, that was Tuesday night. I hate the end of the college football season! No bird hunting, and No football. :cry:
Amen to that.. At least my Sooners broke their BCS losing streak. :oops:
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:28 pm

Mrcreole... I'll take that bet...

All the rest of y'all... Without going into too much detail, our running game is a double threat and the wrecking crew will show the nation that it's for real! Tannehill is new but as good a quarterback as the big 12 can offer!

We shall see ladies... We shall see!!

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Good luck, Ag. You've got the talent to do it. All that's left is to play the game. Should be a good one.

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:53 pm

SEC RULES NCAA FOOTBALL
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:14 pm

They certainly are the best at paying their players and over signing. :D

Many SEC guys like to talk about conferences. I like to talk about teams. No coach has more BCS wins than Tressel and the Buckeyes. Have they lost to the SEC? Yes. They are only 1-2 versus the SEC. They have put more players in the pros than any SEC team, have the best regular season record of any program, and have the most BCS bowl game wins of any team. OH-

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Birddogz wrote:They certainly are the best at paying their players and over signing. :D

Many SEC guys like to talk about conferences. I like to talk about teams. No coach has more BCS wins than Tressel and the Buckeyes. Have they lost to the SEC? Yes. They are only 1-2 versus the SEC. They have put more players in the pros than any SEC team, have the best regular season record of any program, and have the most BCS bowl game wins of any team. OH-
Bet they have nice tattoos!!!! :D

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:57 pm

So far so good!!!! Whoop!!!!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Birddogz wrote:They certainly are the best at paying their players and over signing. :D

Just don't think this is the time I would be bragging on either Tressel or the Buckeyes. Sounds a lot like they are the best because they pay the best. And according to some of the players have been doing it for years. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:02 pm

ezzy333 wrote:

Just don't think this is the time I would be bragging on either Tressel or the Buckeyes. Sounds a lot like they are the best because they pay the best. And according to some of the players have been doing it for years. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Ezzy
Sweater-man is a good man, Ezzy. No way he condoned any of the recent stuff that some of his players were involved in. You have to remember that these guys get zero spending money. They get tuition, room and board, books, and meals (which is a heck of alot) but they have no time for jobs and are BROKE. Back in the old days, boosters found a way to get the kids some money, but I highly doubt if it happens very much anymore, hence the need to barter trinkets like the OSU kids did. I think they SHOULD pay the players. Most of the major football progams keep all of the sports afloat with proceeds from the football gate.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm not refering to the bartering but to all of the illegal benefit they got plus the school and NCAA saying one thing and Pryor saying another. And they all knew what was going on and as Pryor said its been going on since the nineties.Pryor has been ticketed 3 times ina new suv but he was only using it while his was being fixed. Or where he drove one home for the weekend to see if his family thought it would be something he should buy. That makes a lot of sense. Plus all of the student hangouts have collections of junk they have bartered off for a decade. Hey I went to school too and I didnt have anyone paying my bills and I didnt get a free ride like they are.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:37 pm

ezzy333 wrote:I'm not refering to the bartering but to all of the illegal benefit they got plus the school and NCAA saying one thing and Pryor saying another. And they all knew what was going on and as Pryor said its been going on since the nineties.Pryor has been ticketed 3 times ina new suv but he was only using it while his was being fixed. Or where he drove one home for the weekend to see if his family thought it would be something he should buy. That makes a lot of sense. Plus all of the student hangouts have collections of junk they have bartered off for a decade. Hey I went to school too and I didnt have anyone paying my bills and I didnt get a free ride like they are.

Ezzy
Nor did I Ezzy, but neither of us put in 40+ hours a week outside of class time, shedding blood, sweat and tears, and putting our bodies at risk. Even some of the kids who only play college ball (only 5% go to the NFL) face lifelong consequences with bad joints, lingering injuries, etc. Like it or not, the football players make millions of dollars for the universities, yet receive only the benefit of an education. Others who receive "free rides" (e.g., academic scholarships) leave school with their bodies intact. Some would argue the football players are exploited by the university, rather than the reverse.

I think all players should play within the rules they are given. If it was the perception of the players that this stuff had gone on for years, my bet is that they perceived that they, too, were operating within the rules. Obviously, the university did not do a good enough job policiing the players in this instance.
Last edited by AzDoggin on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Whats the over under on total yards???? 1500?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:05 pm

AzHusker wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:I'm not refering to the bartering but to all of the illegal benefit they got plus the school and NCAA saying one thing and Pryor saying another. And they all knew what was going on and as Pryor said its been going on since the nineties.Pryor has been ticketed 3 times ina new suv but he was only using it while his was being fixed. Or where he drove one home for the weekend to see if his family thought it would be something he should buy. That makes a lot of sense. Plus all of the student hangouts have collections of junk they have bartered off for a decade. Hey I went to school too and I didnt have anyone paying my bills and I didnt get a free ride like they are.

Ezzy
Nor did I Ezzy, but neither of us put in 40+ hours a week outside of class time, shedding blood, sweat and tears, and putting our bodies at risk. Even some of the kids who only play college ball (only 5% go to the NFL) face lifelong consequences with bad joints, lingering injuries, etc. Like it or not, the football players make millions of dollars for the universities, yet receive only the benefit of an education. Others who receive "free rides" (e.g., academic scholarships) leave school with their bodies intact. Some would argue the football players are exploited by the university, rather than the reverse.

I think all players should play within the rules they are given. If it was the perception of the players that this stuff had gone on for years, my bet is that they perceived that they, too, were operating within the rules. Obviously, the university did not do a good enough job policiing the players in this instance.
I'm afraid I did for quite a while during football season and then again in the spring.

Ezzy

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:38 pm

So how's the game looking for all those Texas fans???????

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:49 pm

It doesn't matter that much who wins tonight as both schools have graduation rates of just over 50%. Not something to be proud about.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:25 am

mcbosco wrote:It doesn't matter that much who wins tonight as both schools have graduation rates of just over 50%. Not something to be proud about.
So do you feel that it is the schools fault that kids don't graduate when attendance is strictly voluntary? These aren't junior high or high schools. Not sure why graduation rate at a college would even be figured.

Ezzy

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:41 am

Proudag08,

What was the final score? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nitrex

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:49 am

Humbled... Nothing better for that than bragging on a public forum. Of course there is no sweeter feeling than bragging and winning! But that didn't happen so I will just wait for the next tome we meet LSU. I hope it's not anoter 15 years!

The teams played well and for the most part the fans were civil. Those Tigers sure do like their booze... Had a couple get unruly after the game but I know that was the booze talkin (so did moat everyone else bc they were so loud ha ha). All in all I had fun but wished we would have won. I definately think we had the best match up from the Big 12!

You LA guys are alright by me... Except for you mrcreole :lol: I'm kidding! For real though, the guys on here from LA are good folk in my book! And all you other scoundrels are ok too I guess! :lol:

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:59 am

What Pryor did is fine in my book. He sold HIS own possessions, and received free tatoos. So what. The tatoo guy made money on those tats through marketing. Anyway, what Cam Newton did is totally different. The school straight up paid him. tOSU has NOTHING to do with this incident. They SELF reported it. Something an SEC school would never do. Look at the graduation rate at tOSU.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:03 am

Birddogz wrote:What Pryor did is fine in my book. He sold HIS own possessions, and received free tatoos. So what. The tatoo guy made money on those tats through marketing. Anyway, what Cam Newton did is totally different. The school straight up paid him. tOSU has NOTHING to do with this incident. They SELF reported it. Something an SEC school would never do. Look at the graduation rate at tOSU.
OSU's graduation rate is about 60%, near the bottom of the Big 10.

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:05 am

You can't count guys who go to the NFL. The tOSU team has the highest GPA of any B10 school besides North Western.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:12 am

Birddogz wrote:You can't count guys who go to the NFL. The tOSU team has the highest GPA of any B10 school besides North Western.
I haven't read the thread but understand there is quite a bit of difference in grading standards between various schools and between majors. A 3.8 in one school may be equivalent to a 3.0 in another.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:15 am

Birddogz wrote:You can't count guys who go to the NFL. The tOSU team has the highest GPA of any B10 school besides North Western.
Bird, OSU had 4 players drafted in the 2010 draft and a 2010 graduation rate of 60%. One in the 4th round and three in the 7th.

Does that change the number much?

ND had 4 players drafted as well and graduated 96% in 2010.
Last edited by mcbosco on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:18 am

BigShooter wrote:
I haven't read the thread but understand there is quite a bit of difference in grading standards between various schools and between majors. A 3.8 in one school may be equivalent to a 3.0 in another.
And that is the irony, why don't these kids graduate from schools with an average or even light academic load?

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:26 am

tOSU is a very well respected academic school. 4 kids is fairly significant when there are only 18-22 per recruiting class. You also have to take into account kids that transfer because they don't see the field, and want a chance to play.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:37 am

I didn't say OSU wasn't respected academically. For some reason, these kids are not a priority in terms of academic achievement. Maybe OSU needs more nuns or Lasallian Brothers teaching. :lol:

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:19 pm

Uhhhhhhh 13 count them 13 National Championships, Roll Tide, and God Bless Nick Saban. :D

58 bowl game appearances. Oh and most bowl appearances all time among Division 1 football teams. Roll Tide

32 bowl game wins. Most all time among Division 1 teams. Roll Tide

80% graduation rate among Alabama football players. Roll Tide

Some of the famous players sent to the NFL from Bama. Bart Starr, Joe Namath, Kenny Stabler, Shaun Alexander, Derrick Thomas, Cornelius Bennett, Harry Gilmer. Roll Tide

Alabama academics ranks only behind Vanderbilt in the SEC. Roll Tide

Bama has more SEC championships than any other team in the SEC. Roll Tide

The University of Alabama is tied for fifth in the nation for the number of Academic-All Americans since 2000 from all Universities. Amongst BCS conference schools in this category, Alabama trails only Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Penn State. Roll Tide

Alabama also leads the SEC in Academic All Americans. Roll Tide

UA graduates include 15 Rhodes Scholars, 15 Goldwater Scholars, nine Truman Scholars, one Gates Scholar, one Portz Scholar, and one Udall Scholar. Published reports have ranked UA among the top four flagship universities in the Southeast and among the nation's top 25 public flagship universities in terms of minority enrollment. Roll Tide

The University of Alabama ranked 12th in the nation among public universities in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars in 2007. Seven University of Alabama students were named to the 2008 USA Today All-USA College Academic Team, the most of any school. This year’s team brings UA’s total for the last six years to 31, a figure that tops all other colleges and universities. In addition to this year, UA had the most students on the list in 2006 with six and in 2005 and 2003, both with five. In 2007, UA tied with Washington University-St. Louis for the most team members with four. In 2004, with four students on the team, UA came in second only to Harvard. Roll Tide

So all of you Big Ten fans who want to talk about academics and championships and graduation rates need to step back and do a bit or research before knocking the SEC. Oh and Roll Tide.

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:29 pm

If you want to compare academics, the SEC can't hold a candle to the Big 10. That is just fact. I do agree Alabama is a great team. They underachieved this year. I thought they were the best team in the SEC this year. I can't believe Saban let a lead like he had over Auburn slip away.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Don't think Saban could do much about it. From what I have seen they don't even let the coach on the field. Kind of like field trials, good handlers get beat all the time.

Ezzy

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:19 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:Uhhhhhhh 13 count them 13 National Championships, Roll Tide, and God Bless Nick Saban. :D

58 bowl game appearances. Oh and most bowl appearances all time among Division 1 football teams. Roll Tide

32 bowl game wins. Most all time among Division 1 teams. Roll Tide

80% graduation rate among Alabama football players. Roll Tide

Some of the famous players sent to the NFL from Bama. Bart Starr, Joe Namath, Kenny Stabler, Shaun Alexander, Derrick Thomas, Cornelius Bennett, Harry Gilmer. Roll Tide

Alabama academics ranks only behind Vanderbilt in the SEC. Roll Tide

Bama has more SEC championships than any other team in the SEC. Roll Tide

The University of Alabama is tied for fifth in the nation for the number of Academic-All Americans since 2000 from all Universities. Amongst BCS conference schools in this category, Alabama trails only Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Penn State. Roll Tide

Alabama also leads the SEC in Academic All Americans. Roll Tide

UA graduates include 15 Rhodes Scholars, 15 Goldwater Scholars, nine Truman Scholars, one Gates Scholar, one Portz Scholar, and one Udall Scholar. Published reports have ranked UA among the top four flagship universities in the Southeast and among the nation's top 25 public flagship universities in terms of minority enrollment. Roll Tide

The University of Alabama ranked 12th in the nation among public universities in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars in 2007. Seven University of Alabama students were named to the 2008 USA Today All-USA College Academic Team, the most of any school. This year’s team brings UA’s total for the last six years to 31, a figure that tops all other colleges and universities. In addition to this year, UA had the most students on the list in 2006 with six and in 2005 and 2003, both with five. In 2007, UA tied with Washington University-St. Louis for the most team members with four. In 2004, with four students on the team, UA came in second only to Harvard. Roll Tide

So all of you Big Ten fans who want to talk about academics and championships and graduation rates need to step back and do a bit or research before knocking the SEC. Oh and Roll Tide.
Cough..gag..puke...

Alabama claiming they have 13 Nat championships just shows how bad they are at math. If I am not mistaken the SEC has the lowest academic qualification standards of the major conferences?

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:29 pm

I missed the claim of 13 National Championships for Alabama. It is actually 8. The other 5 come from unrecognized polls.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Birddogz you are right Bama did underachieve terribly this year but in their bowl game they put a whuppin on a Big 10 team that was ranked #9 in the nation while Bama had dropped to #16 in the BCS poll. All of the info. I put in my post about the number of championships and Bama's academic status and accolades came from internet sources and the sources I gleaned the info. from had quoted different publications like USA today. Where are you Big 10 fans getting your elitist info. from about the Big 10 having such higher education standards than the SEC?

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Of the top 100 schools as ranked by US News, 3 SEC schools are in the 100. All Big 10 schools are in the top 100.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:18 pm

proudag08 wrote:Humbled... Nothing better for that than bragging on a public forum. Of course there is no sweeter feeling than bragging and winning! But that didn't happen so I will just wait for the next tome we meet LSU. I hope it's not anoter 15 years!
I've hated LSU every since we lost the National Championship to them.. I feel your pain.

BOOMER SOONER!
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:36 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:
I've hated LSU every since we lost the National Championship to them.. I feel your pain.

BOOMER SOONER!
Guess you don't like the Gators too much either, then. :)
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:45 pm

phermes1 wrote:
prairiefirepointers wrote:

BOOMER SOONER!
Guess you don't like the Gators too much either, then. :)
Not a big fan of em, No. However, I do have alot of respect for their recently retired coach, Urban Meyer. Did you know that he goes out into the ghetto and the streets and targets troubled youth in gangs and drugs, and offers to help them make something of themselves / better their life?? He gives out many scholarships to his football program that way. part of his extensive recruiting base is from that very pool of people. Quite commendable in my book.
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS