My FT Bred Therapy Dogs !!

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

My FT Bred Therapy Dogs !!

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:38 am

About 3 weeks ago my dad had a stroke. He is doing well and on his way to recovery. Anyway, the hospital that he is in allows patients to have their dogs come to visit on Sundays.

So..... Here are my 9 month old male Dude, and my 4 month old female Babe. Both FT bred with the perfect disposition for hospital therapy.

Dude and my dad.

Babe and my dad.

I think my neice and nephew enjoyed it as much as my dad.

Doug

gittrdonebritts

Re: My FT Bred Therapy Dogs !!

Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:44 am

Thats awesome ! when my mom had her stroke a couple years back we had to sneak her jack Russell in, the hospital doesn't allow any dogs at all its amazing how much dogs really can help people recover.

Nhuskr

Post by Nhuskr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 am

Those are awesome pics! My late FIL and my lab Colby had a special bond. The first time they came to our house after we had brought him home from the shelter at about 8 mos of age, Colby sat in front of Bill with his paw on his lap for at least 30 minutes. Colby was always extremely gentle with Bill, who had diabetes, a knee replacement, and other health issues.

Coming out from under one of his last surgeries before he passed, Bill "saw" Colby in the room and started talking to him. Since dogs weren't allowed in ICU, we printed a picture on the computer and hung it in his room. That pic went with him to the nursing home, and my MIL still has it hanging in the porch, all faded and not looking very pretty. But it has special meaning for her.

I should have pursued getting Colby certified as a therapy dog. He would make an awesome one.

I'll be praying for a complete recovery for your dad.

Cheryl

Bird Dog 67

Post by Bird Dog 67 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:40 am

AWESOME pics! Sorry to hear about your pops though. I'll keep him in my thoughts. Used to have me a Golden Retriever that I have certified to be a therapy dog.................they can work wonders.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:57 am

Nice pics Doug,it reminds of my mother in the hosp a couple yrs ago with terminal cancer.She asked if we could bring Bruiser (My Sisters Boxer that she saw everyday) & her newest Gr Gr Duagther ( My son's daugter) into see her.We said mom they don't allou dogs or kids up here,she said oh s--t & shook her head.
You should have seen the smile on her face when she got home & Bruiser put his front feet up on her bed so she could reach him then,we set her Gr Gr grand baby in her lap. :D :cry:

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:56 am

that is great to see :D :D :D
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:35 pm

I had the same experience with the mother of my current dogs, only it was my son who was diagnosed as high functioning autistic, and who now attends a technical college thanks in part to "his" dog, Reba. Wrote about it here, but I think that post is long gone.

I hope your dad fully recovers, and if the dog has anything to do with it, it will happen.

Oh, and Reba, a/k/a Antrim's Queen of Country, was definitely FT bred, her son is my avatar.

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:58 pm

Neat posting. Thanks Doug.

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks for all of the kind words folks. They are much appreciated. I will pass them along to my dad. He has his own GSP, who has been staying with me, that visited last weekend. He loves dogs, and his face just lit up when the dogs showed up for their visits.He's going home tomorrow, as long as we don't need a snowmobile to get there. Sounds like we're supposed to get some snow. :x

Doug

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks for sharing Doug, and best wishes for your father's speedy recovery.