Irish Setter Breeder

Ryan

Irish Setter Breeder

Post by Ryan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:50 pm

Hey,
My parents are contemplating on getting another Irish Setter. Does anyone know of a good breeder that breeds for the dogs hunting ability and not show?

silver elhew

Post by silver elhew » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:33 pm

Hi Ryan. Look at the nathional red setter field trial club website. www.nrsftc.com.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:35 pm

Thanks I will look at that link to see what I can find.

gusto

Post by gusto » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:46 pm

I used to trial against a guy from around Coronation. He had huge running Irish setters and was real serious about breeding hunting dogs. name is on the tip of my tongue though. YOu might be able to check the region 14 webpage and find him there. I will get his name for yoou though, give me some time. I would only recommend him though if you want a big running dog.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:41 pm

http://www.brophysirishsetters.com/

also, you might try Ray Marshall. I don't have his phone, but he is a lawyer in Stillwater MN. He has some very nice Irish setters that are hunters and field trial dogs. He is friends with Ken Ruff.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:18 pm

gusto wrote:I used to trial against a guy from around Coronation. He had huge running Irish setters and was real serious about breeding hunting dogs. name is on the tip of my tongue though. YOu might be able to check the region 14 webpage and find him there. I will get his name for yoou though, give me some time. I would only recommend him though if you want a big running dog.
His name wasnt Murray Lambkin was it. Outta Sporting Dog Ranch?

gusto

Post by gusto » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:29 am

Ya thats the guy. Just talked to a buddy, said he was no longer into it. Sorry, that was the only guy a could think of in AB.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:12 am

Bailey is outta one of his bitches. I dont know if we got a lemon but she isnt a big runner. She runs big but still hunts close enough for the foot hunter.

birdshot

Post by birdshot » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:51 pm

jim keller in lincoln, nebraska, field trials his irish setters, he was a web site at kellergundogs.com.

Wa Chukar Hunter

Post by Wa Chukar Hunter » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:17 pm

What about Roger Berg?

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:46 pm

I've always liked watching Ray Marshall's setters, very nice dogs. PM me and I can get you Ray's phone number.

Jim Keller also has nice dogs. I like the fact that a lot of them are MH and can still go out to a GSP trial with Retrieving stakes and place.

These guys would be the first I talk with. Ken Ruff also has a reputation for nice dogs though the only ones I have seen are with Ray.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:29 pm

Irish Setter

Call Ken Ruff and see what he can tell you about a good litter. The fella to buy one from if I were looking for a red setter.

Maverick's House

Red Setter

Post by Maverick's House » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:19 am

Check out Settersunlimited.com.......Scott Berg has a kennel listed on there and I spoke with him a year ago re a Red Setter pup he had. He's a good guy and apparently has awesome FDSB registered "Red Setters". I'm sure if he dosen't have anything he could point you in the right direction.

BTW....I see you have Lethbridge, AB listed......I stayed there for a few months in 2001 while I was doing some work in Coaldale, AB.

Good luck...!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:26 am

I gotta change it. I just moved back to Taber where all the birds are. But thanks for the advixe. What were you doing in Coaldale?

Maverick's House

Coaldale

Post by Maverick's House » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:44 am

Project Engineering for McCain Foods.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:32 pm

Ahh ok. Well if you are out my way again give me a call.