This has really turned out to be a great forum.

ohiogsp

This has really turned out to be a great forum.

Post by ohiogsp » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:35 am

This forum might have been slow at first. This was a long time back but I think this is the best forum there is now. Most people used to post on the upland forum me being one of those people but I think the additudes and lack of moderators over there really turned people off. That forum really slowed to a halt. Everyone here can discuss debatable topics and keep it under control. We really have alot of knowledgable people here and it is great.

bondoron

Post by bondoron » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:41 am

Ohio I am new to this site, but with everything I have seen thus far I agree with you 110%. It is nice to see a forum where you can debate in a civil manner without name calling or worse everytime there is a disagreement. :D

Wesley Boothe

Post by Wesley Boothe » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:31 pm

I would also agree a 110%! What I see is that everyone appears to have all of the other members best intrest at heart and offers advice not "the end cure all" answers that other forums have. Thanks to all who work so hard to make this a great forum.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:26 pm

Have to agree whole heartedly...People can have different views on things and methods...and to be able to speak points and counter points is nice and also helpful for people who are trying to make a choice for themselves to have different veiws so they can make up their own minds as to which way they decide to go.

I always say there is more then one way to skin a cat some methods may be easier for one person to understand over another doesn't make the other ways right or wrong..just a different way to get the same results.

That other site It was awful where they would and will let things go. I have watched as friends and people I respect getting called names and having their reputations drug through the mud so to speak.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:38 am

I agree!!!! This forum has been very civil & you guys are very patient with us "newbies" and our stupid questions! Thanks to all for great advice & letting me throw in my own two cents w/out lampooning me too harshly.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:30 pm

Vizsla Vince wrote:I agree!!!! This forum has been very civil & you guys are very patient with us "newbies" and our stupid questions! Thanks to all for great advice & letting me throw in my own two cents w/out lampooning me too harshly.
The only stupid question is the one that is NOT asked :wink:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:04 pm

I agree this is a great site with good folks. They run a tight ship here and that is good... I was and probably still am a moderator at the other site, my hands were pretty much tied over there. I could lock a thread but could not give the trouble makers the boot. I did not have the tools to do the job and make it right. I did try to post and set a good example for other people, I hope I helped some people. I rarely post now on any of the public forums. Grant has a good thing going here I hope it continues for a long time.

Mo

GSP4619

Post by GSP4619 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:04 pm

I agree this forum is a keeper :)

ohiogsp

Post by ohiogsp » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:30 pm

Maurice,
You did set a good example. The problem was not everyone followed.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:34 am

Thanks for the compliments guys! Our moderators do a great job of keeping GDF on track. They put many hours into reading each and every post. That’s a lot of time.

I’ve made some recent adjustments to my workload, so that I can free up more of my time to make improvements to GDF. I’d love for GDF to keep growing, and I believe it will do so as long as we love to sit around and talk about our pups.

Do you all have any services you would like GDF to provide?

Grant

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:55 am

This is a nice forum. I have been bashed badly before asking a question? or suggesting something. These guys are so nice tho. Lots of great advise here, lots of pros willing to share and all the cool pics of their very different breeds. Just the place for a "rookie" like me :)
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935