A Flask in hunting vest pocket ???

Onk

Re: A Flask in hunting vest pocket ???

Post by Onk » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:58 am

EZZY carrying a flask in a hunting vest never hurt anyone.....its the use of the flask during hunting that I think is of concern! :lol:
Last edited by Onk on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:06 am

Onk wrote:EZZY carrying a flask in a hunting vest never hurt anyone.....its the use of the flask during hunting the I think is of concern! :lol:
Good point. But the way to insure it isn't used is not to carry it. Number one rule in hunting or anytime you are handling a loaded gun so I hate to see us even suggest to our kids that it is OK to even carry. But nothing wrong with it after the guns arew put away. Just be careful you aren't stopped by the police as that flask could end up costing you your guns and vehicles in a lot of states.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:16 am

Very true, well said ezzy! While out and about the dog and I both prefer water, so there is not the need to carry spirits of any kind!

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:34 am

My dad was an alcoholic but I never saw him with alcohol when we were hunting. Never mixed guns and alcohol.

All these people carrying flasks but not drinking it " till later," sound like the guys who smoke marijuana but "never inhaled". :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:43 am

Yes we all know you shouldn't be drinking while hunting, then someone going to jump in and say you can't leave your flask in the truck because now you're drinking and driving. So, could we please move past the moral police phase.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:17 am

nikegundog wrote:Yes we all know you shouldn't be drinking while hunting, then someone going to jump in and say you can't leave your flask in the truck because now you're drinking and driving. So, could we please move past the moral police phase.
Don't think that is an option that was given to us.The moral phase was started by someone that outranked us. And if you are caught in the field by the DNR officer you will be in trouble too.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:48 am

By the way, my earlier post didnt make this clear but, i will not hunt with anyone that has been drinking or wants to drink while hunting.

I value my life, and i dont want some moron sweeping me with a muzzle because he is loaded. When the guns are put away (in a case and out of sight) then and ONLY then can you enjoy a drink.

I've seen guys on a deer lease come in from a morning hunt, get hammered and go back out at 3pm for the afternoon....not cool.
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:39 am

I was in know way implying it is ok to drink while hunting, I just believe their is little difference between having it your vest or in your truck.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:49 am

nikegundog wrote:I was in know way implying it is ok to drink while hunting, I just believe their is little difference between having it your vest or in your truck.
I agree but just thought a warning was in order as in some areas they stop you looking for an open bottle of any kind.

Ezzy

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:32 am

nikegundog wrote:I was in know way implying it is ok to drink while hunting
But I shoot so much better when I'm hammered drunk :D .
nikegundog wrote:I just believe their is little difference between having it your vest or in your truck.
If you're not going to drink it than why carry it around, that's the difference. When I go in the field I carry as little as possible, meaning that I bring only what I need. Some things are just meant to stay in the truck like your lunch box, extra shotgun, booze, bird cleaning equiptment, and junk birddogs. Explaining to an Officer why you're carrying a flask when you're not using it is like explaining to your wife why you're carrying condoms when you're not using them.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:44 am

Didn't think a flask would be as cumbersome as carrying an extra shotgun in the field, I would think of it being more in the lines of a can of snuff of a pack of cigarettes. Since I've never owned or carried one maybe your right. Since or Officers have taken a tug from a bottle probably 100+ times no explanation would be needed.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:54 am

nikegundog wrote:Didn't think a flask would be as cumbersome as carrying an extra shotgun in the field
The point that I was trying to get across was that if your not going to use it then why carry it :) .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Ron R wrote:
nikegundog wrote:Didn't think a flask would be as cumbersome as carrying an extra shotgun in the field
The point that I was trying to get across was that if your not going to use it then why carry it :) .
Exactly!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

bossman

Post by bossman » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:54 pm

After reading the posts, I can tell a couple of things. Many on the board have great taste when it comes to a selection of what you may "sip" after the hunt (especially if you enjoy it with a good cigar). It appears that most agree, no alcohol in the field, and I might add, around the field if you plan on going back into the field. Basically, no drinking until the hunt is over and the gun's are put up for the day. Maybe some of us can meet for a hunt someday. I"ll supply a box of good cigars and the ice cube's. Cheer's.

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:46 pm

nikegundog wrote:I would think of it being more in the lines of a can of snuff of a pack of cigarettes.
You can still fully function while dipping or smoking and the DNR aint gonna throw your @$# in Jail for either for taking a pinch or having a few drags, so its probably best just leaving the flask in the truck or at home.

Onk

Post by Onk » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:00 pm

I ought to be thrown is jail Britts, I quit dipping the real stuff 5 years ago cold turkey...now after 5 yrs I want to dip so bad I started on the fake stuff! Not bad but not the same!

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Onk wrote:I ought to be thrown is jail Britts, I quit dipping the real stuff 5 years ago cold turkey...now after 5 yrs I want to dip so bad I started on the fake stuff! Not bad but not the same!
I have a nice big lipper or the real thing right now, started smoking in the Marines and I still do have a smoke when I drink but I can't function without a dip of snuff.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Britts, I would say you kind of took my quote out of context wouldn't you. It looks as if you are throwing me under the bus for something I didn't say, maybe you misread it. I was referring to the size of a flask, and then said I have never carried one. The way you spun it sounded like I had said completely different.

asc

Post by asc » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:03 pm

nikegundog wrote:Britts, I would say you kind of took my quote out of context wouldn't you. It looks as if you are throwing me under the bus for something I didn't say, maybe you misread it. I was referring to the size of a flask, and then said I have never carried one. The way you spun it sounded like I had said completely different.
I'll drink to that... :mrgreen:
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:34 pm

nikegundog wrote:Britts, I would say you kind of took my quote out of context wouldn't you. It looks as if you are throwing me under the bus for something I didn't say, maybe you misread it. I was referring to the size of a flask, and then said I have never carried one. The way you spun it sounded like I had said completely different.
Maybe I didn't understand what you were getting at sorry if you feel like i threw you under the bus :oops:

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 pm

No problem

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:40 pm

I'm working on becoming a Politician been polishing up my word spinning, and now I have to come up with a story on how I never said any of that :lol: :lol: :wink:

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Must be a few youngsters here, back in the 60s was common to see the older gents take a pull on a flask of good whiskey. but Idid see some stupid stuiff made me not drink at all. 2 guys say how powerful a 12 ga is , one says I will go 50 yards and you shoot me we will see if it goes thru the coat :) it did :) I was a kid not allowed to drink yet, my younger bro tho got into the case of empties and swigged em dry. He was looped when we got home, mom beat on dad with a cast iron skillet for awhile. We never was allowed to touch even an empty after that :)

I seen a lot of stuff I can say if he was sober he wouldnt a done that.....

Worked in a bar as a bouncer for 6 years, I seen a lot of stuff only someone very drunk would do. Some made me laff so hard I peed myself, others made me ask how did humanity ever get to this place.

I pass on the flask unless I am home. Only thing mixes with booze is more booze so stay home when you booze it up. (VFD pulled a few drunks out of wrecks when I coulda been sleeping). Hate the smell of them cars...
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935