THE AMERICAN ENGLISH COONHOUND..

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

THE AMERICAN ENGLISH COONHOUND..

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:40 am

this may be not new news to some of you but this is the first time ive heard of the newest addition to AKC..THE AMERICAN ENGLISH COONHOUND..heres the link the AKC emailed me just incase you havent seen it..thoughts???.ruth

http://www.akc.org/breeds/american_english_coonhound/
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: THE AMERICAN ENGLISH COONHOUND..

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:03 am

They've been knocking around the FSS for a while. Basically another coonhound without a color requirement. A lot of the coonhound breeds have joined AKC with full recognition over the past ten years and I believe the Treeing Walker is in FSS. Coonhound events are a money maker, so I'm not surprised AKC has moved toward getting them full registration. For years, the Black and Tan was the only one of the type to be AKC. Personally, I think the addition of the Xoloitzcuintli will make the Non-Sporting Group more interesting. After all, they will go up against Standard and Minature poodles!
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:01 pm

There was a time in my life when I had a kennel full of slobberin bawlin "English Dawgs". One of those hounds was a dog by the name of batman who had been passed around the county and had a reputation for being trashy. I got him at 7yrs old and spent a summer and fall giving him coons and got him right, then gave him to a young boy. Every time I see a truck on the side of the road or hear a hound running track I think about ol' Batman.

Of the dozens of coon hounds and running hounds I bought and sold that slow old battle scarred vet is the only one that I ever regretted getting rid of.

thank you for posting this I hadnt thought bout that old dog fro a little while.

Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

GBranch830

Post by GBranch830 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:43 pm

never once hunted over a redtick that was worth squat. they could be out there though.