Full tail or Docked... please educate me

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Full tail or Docked... please educate me

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Sue wrote:
markj wrote:I had a long tailed dog once, he was slow getting out the door and it broke his tail.
Gosh, if I had broken my dog's tail by closing the door on it, I'd feel pretty bad about it, and be blaming myself, not the dog, or the length of his tail! I hope you are joking here! :? (although it certainly must not have felt very funny to the dog :( )
Sue there doesn't have to be anyone to blame for an accident but those things happen when the dogs decide to try and get oit the door before you do as you let go of the door. This whole topic is not about who is at fault but rather about an injury that happens way too often.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:30 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Sue wrote:
markj wrote:I had a long tailed dog once, he was slow getting out the door and it broke his tail.
Gosh, if I had broken my dog's tail by closing the door on it, I'd feel pretty bad about it, and be blaming myself, not the dog, or the length of his tail! I hope you are joking here! :? (although it certainly must not have felt very funny to the dog :( )
Sue there doesn't have to be anyone to blame for an accident but those things happen when the dogs decide to try and get oit the door before you do as you let go of the door. This whole topic is not about who is at fault but rather about an injury that happens way too often.

Ezzy
Yeah, you're probably right. I guess I was mis-reading the "tone" in that post. Sounded a little flip, that's all. :oops:

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Gosh, if I had broken my dog's tail by closing the door on it, I'd feel pretty bad about it
Well I am glad you didnt do that. Dog decided to go back just as the door was being closed, ever catch yer finger in a door? I loved that dog, he was a wedding gift from a pit bull breeder out of hog hunter lines. As if it matters.
I guess I was mis-reading the "tone" in that post. Sounded a little flip, that's all.
Give it a break. I am not a liberal and dont like the attitude. This is a hunting dog forum not the lily livered pet society. Sorry you dont like the way Isay it but thats it and thats me. I got more dogs raised, hunted over and dead than most, been doing dogs for 45 years horses as long and cows since dirt. They get hurt, they even die on ya, sometimes they do silly things like get a tail caught in a door. No bodys fault, is it someones fault if you slip and fall down? This blame someone society we live in has created nothing but problems.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:09 pm

markj wrote:
Give it a break. I am not a liberal and dont like the attitude. This is a hunting dog forum not the lily livered pet society.

:lol: :lol: :idea: :lol: :lol:
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:03 pm

birddog1968 wrote:
markj wrote:
Give it a break. I am not a liberal and dont like the attitude. This is a hunting dog forum not the lily livered pet society.

:lol: :lol: :idea: :lol: :lol:
Well, if yoos guys don't want any "lilly livered" liberal dog lovers who are also hunters participating here you should have some sort of a litmus test to weed us out! :P (yes, I'm jokin' ya!)

I'm glad to hear I truly mis-interpreted your post, and I'm sorry your dog got hurt.
Let's make peace treaty, aye?

Linescreamer

Post by Linescreamer » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:05 pm

mcbosco wrote:In England, tail docking is banned by the way, all breeds.

For Spinone, the AKC standard and Italian standard allow docked or undocked tails.
Yeah, so are allot of other things. :roll: I'm not real happy with the currect direction of this country but, it's a heck of allot better then the UK. :)
Last edited by Linescreamer on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:55 pm

I'm glad to hear I truly mis-interpreted your post, and I'm sorry your dog got hurt.
Sorry if I sounded gruff there. I miss that dog a lot, he saved my life once. A guy was in my house gun drawn. That dog grabbged his hand the gun went off slug went down his left upper jaw taking the teeth with it. He went into the bathroom and into the tub until it stopped bleeding. I took thegun away and tossed him out. I was a bouncer them days in a rough bar, I was stabbed, shot at took guns away from idiots etc so this guy was going to do me in.

That dog lived 3 more years in a comphy chair I bought just for him. Had to take him out side last 4 months or so to do his duty, then he went to sleep one nite and that was that. I used to hunt deer with him, he taught me to stalk. It still hurts a bit when I think of that dog. He was that good.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Sue

Post by Sue » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:01 pm

markj wrote:
Sorry if I sounded gruff there. I miss that dog a lot, he saved my life once. A guy was in my house gun drawn. That dog grabbged his hand the gun went off slug went down his left upper jaw taking the teeth with it. He went into the bathroom and into the tub until it stopped bleeding. I took thegun away and tossed him out. I was a bouncer them days in a rough bar, I was stabbed, shot at took guns away from idiots etc so this guy was going to do me in.

That dog lived 3 more years in a comphy chair I bought just for him. Had to take him out side last 4 months or so to do his duty, then he went to sleep one nite and that was that. I used to hunt deer with him, he taught me to stalk. It still hurts a bit when I think of that dog. He was that good.
Wow, that is an amazing story, and a hero of a dog right out of a good movie! Thanks for sharing that. I know you better now, and won't misinterpret again! Sometimes behind a tough exterior lies a truly wonderful heart. Clearly that is the case with you, Mark.
My sincere apologies for earlier.
Thank you.
Sue