should NR hunters stay home?

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

should NR hunters stay home?

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:50 pm

....or do fish and game Commissions need the extra cash to do a better job managing wildlife and habitat?
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

brad27

Re: should NR hunters stay home?

Post by brad27 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:59 pm

you know it's always about the money.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:00 pm

birddog1968 wrote:....or do fish and game Commissions need the extra cash to do a better job managing wildlife and habitat?
What about the money (and taxes) generated by sales of food, fuel and lodging?

South Dakota Department of Tourism actually has some really good info on this topic, if you are interested.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Ive seen it CC, and it tells a tale doesn't it....

same thing happens here with goose and fishing.....And residents reap the lions share of the reward.

We'll see if Tommyboy cares to continue the debate....
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:12 pm

That's one reason here in Ohio the ODNR doesn't do much for the upland bird population,they say the money is in big game Deer & Turkey.
When I git into bird dogs & bird hunting in 1974 we never had many deer & never even heard of Wild Turkey but now we are over ran with both but have no birds.
I think that shows that they can have a big influence on species populations if they put their time & effort into it but it's about where the money is at & here it's not upland game!! :(

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:42 pm

Arizona has some good birds and the game and fish does a good job at management. It just sucks waiting 6 years between elk tags. Ya I'm a resident of California but was smart enough to buy a lifetime license in Arizona while I lived there.... our forests in so cal are so thick you.can't even hunt.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:42 pm

If they want to spend the money I see no reason the shouldn't be welcomed...

I have never understood the animosity towards out of state sportsmen. I didn't grow up hunting but I spent my teenage years with fishing licenses in two states. It was normal to me.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:46 pm

VKennel, the ODNR has little to nothing to do with the ruffed grouse issue in Ohio, other than they dithered far too long before finally shortening the season length(still one month too long)....with pheasant and quail they could have a much larger impact ala a mild impersonation of Pennsylvania's Gamelands.

I say that the NRs should not stay home....they should all come to Ohio, since I won't be here.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Over approx. the last 15 years Southern MN has had turkeys (and possums) migrate up to us. We now have a nice population of turkey (and possums) and not 1 dime came from the DNR or any other organization for that matter. It won't be long though till they try to take credit for the turkey "management" (not the possums).

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:56 pm

I really dont care if the NR folks come up down over or out here. I hunt all private ground and your going to be HARD pressed to get on ANY of it. These are all my birds and not much walk in stuff around here. I might run into 3-4 NR hunters a year. When they start coming more often, then I might change my mind. The money they spend here (should in theory) helps. Being in the NE corner though no one but the KC retards :wink: come here from out of state. Other than that they just keep driving on by. Head west young man (and dont stop here) :lol:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Next thing you know .. wolves will be reintroduced to MN and OH because there was one that wondered through 2000 years ago... might help control the deer population though lol.

birdshot

Post by birdshot » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:58 pm

i have always felt Nebraska is missing the boat when it comes to bird hunting and have argued my point with two state representatives. I feel if Nebraska would do what South Dakota does the program would pay for it's self. As it is hunters come up from Texas and drive right through Nebraska on their way to South Dakota. Nebraska is lucky to sell a tank of gas to out of state hunters.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Most of the land in the west is BLM or National Forest and it is federal property...so getting too possessive over who goes where doesn't seem to be very stable footing for us.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:01 pm

If Nebraska had hot blond girls hitch-hiking to California I would hunt there.... or even some hot ones at the bar after a long day in the field...

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:03 pm

birddog1968 wrote:We'll see if Tommyboy cares to continue the debate....
displaced_texan wrote:I have never understood the animosity towards out of state sportsmen.
Tommy is not against non resident hunters, don't let that one comment fool you and I'd bet he would take you hunting as well so it's actually quite the contrary. I've hunted over there with him and I will honestly tell you that alot of locals that we came across with out Tommy around were inviteing us (me and Charlie) to hunt. We were overwhelmed with invites from strangers when we were buying shells at wal mart to grocery shopping. Alot of the same in Kansas as well but our best connection was made at the liquor store along with a phone # and a invite to return the following year on opening day. I've had tremendous luck with locals and if they were'nt inviting us to hunt they were talking dogs and asking how we were doing. Matbe I'm just lucky :D .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:04 pm

SD has some Farm Girls stripping in bars during Phez season!! So I've heard anyway. :lol:

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:08 pm

SD has some Farm Girls stripping in bars during Phez season!! So I've heard anyway. :lol:
I don't want to hi jack the thread, but we could post some reviews.

birdshot

Post by birdshot » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:15 pm

ultra carry, this years Miss America is from Scottsbluff, but i have not seen her hitch hiking since she won her crown.
Last edited by birdshot on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:SD has some Farm Girls stripping in bars during Phez season!! So I've heard anyway. :lol:
Looks like we're going to SD this year :lol: .

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Carrying the conversation over to the new thread- :D

topher40 wrote:
I have no problem with NR hunters, but the new Sec of KDWPT is REALLY going to change things here in Kansas. He is All ABOUT commercializing the hunting potential to be had in Kansas. I have met the man several times throughout the years and he would really like for Kansas a destination like N and S Dakota. That is a BIG and drastic change to the way of life around these parts. The economic boom will be wonderful, although the ramifications if not done properly could ruin the states wild bird hunting status. I hope the state does this with an open, well informed mind and doesnt flippantly venture into something that they really dont need to be in. But who am I fooling, this is government, they will DEFINITELY screw the pooch for the sake of dollars until the pooch is dead!

PFP: Very well said Chris. That is exactly what I meant. I just didn't put it together and deliver it like you did. A friend of mine and former usher at church with me (we spent alot of time talking dogs and hunting and such, ushering together) is the Public Lands Manager for Cheney Wildlife area.. He was telling me what was "Coming down the pike" and what he told me has me worried a bit. Its either gona be a homerun, or a foul ball to the stands and its gona hurt something.
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Ron R wrote:
birddog1968 wrote:We'll see if Tommyboy cares to continue the debate....
displaced_texan wrote:I have never understood the animosity towards out of state sportsmen.
Tommy is not against non resident hunters, don't let that one comment fool you and I'd bet he would take you hunting as well so it's actually quite the contrary. I've hunted over there with him and I will honestly tell you that alot of locals that we came across with out Tommy around were inviteing us (me and Charlie) to hunt. We were overwhelmed with invites from strangers when we were buying shells at wal mart to grocery shopping. Alot of the same in Kansas as well but our best connection was made at the liquor store along with a phone # and a invite to return the following year on opening day. I've had tremendous luck with locals and if they were'nt inviting us to hunt they were talking dogs and asking how we were doing. Matbe I'm just lucky :D .
That wasn't directed at your comment.

I hunt a decent bit a little east of Tommy and it's good people there. I'd love to make my way a little farther out west where he is. I've heard good things about the public lands out there. Plus, from his posts Tommy seems like a good guy.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Thats the funny thing about an internet forum Ron, one can only go on whats said :D

As bird numbers decrease across much of their range only good things can come from more money in the system. Holding state officials responsible for where that money goes is another story. In my state all monies collected from hunters and hunting licenses is supposed to stay in the system for management, and to boot in all states there is a federal match that goes to the state directly proportional to hunting license sales. Thats one reason most states now have youth licenses, they are cheap but it allows the states to get that extra federal match money. So you see the benefits of NR hunters is larger than just the money out of the NR pocket. Then there is the local economic benefit.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Ron R wrote:
Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:SD has some Farm Girls stripping in bars during Phez season!! So I've heard anyway. :lol:
Looks like we're going to SD this year :lol: .
Do you have room. I had an invite out to SD (extended family) said they had too many phez and love NR hunters.. I like good scenery though..... I don't want anything over 130 @ 5'7....

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:34 pm

I've never ever been out of state to hunt. Blessed I know, to be raised where I am. (thanks mom & dad) :mrgreen:

NR hunters for the most part are good for the economy. If they are good, responsible, kind folks, I say no problem. My issue is with how KDWPT is going to handle the funds. I pay more every year for a hunting, fishing, and boat registration and yet I se NO improvements? What gives?

I grew up with KDWP public lands ten feet behind my parents garage. 100 yards or so through the trees is "Deweeze Park" which is a public area with river fishing, boat ramp, some managed hunting area, and camping. Now, it is affectionately refered to as "Sleezzee Park" - Its an eyesore. Nothing has been done (in an improvement / maintainment sense) in YEARS. I can think of entire areas where I hunted and fished as a kid & young man, that you can no longer even access. They just shut them down. KDWP claims its because of illegal activity or being trashed up too much.

Back to NR hunting, I am hoping to visit Aberdeen, South Dakota for a hunt and to see some sights. I was born in Aberdeen. Have never been there since I was a toddler.
Last edited by prairiefirepointers on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Texan, I was talking to birddog68 but used your comment as well.

And to all you game hogs out there that are whining about non resident hunters......It is a free country and I will hunt where ever I want :D .

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:36 pm

BD-
Its also funny how many dollars (at least Ks recieves) that DONT make it back into making hunting better. I cant remember the article that I had read years ago but it stated something like .75 cents out of every hunting dollar is spent on fishing programs, water management, biking trails, camping sites, etc. Easy to believe consider all of the mismanagement of the Mo river in the past 50 years that has led to record flooding conditions. This has been directly related to a shift in focus by the Corp of Engineers to manage the river for recreation rather than the original purpose of managing it for flood control, irrigation, and ultimately protection for the people. Like I said in the post (that PF reposted over here) I am worried about giving the government any more control considering their track record with EVERY other program they have created. Maybe in another 10 years we can actually have an answer to the question: "What happened to all the birds?" We can honestly say it was the government! :wink:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
785-288-0461

-Thomas Paine

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Sounds like KS and its sportsmen and women could use a sportsmens association, ban together and get her done.

squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:40 pm

birddog1968 wrote:Sounds like KS and its sportsmen and women could use a sportsmens association, ban together and get her done.

+1

I nominate Chris as President, and myself as Secretary of Defense. :mrgreen:
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:41 pm

birddog1968 wrote:Thats the funny thing about an internet forum Ron, one can only go on whats said
Very true :) .

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:43 pm

Knock em dead !

Our MSA and MDWFA have gotten alot accomplished here, stuff we had no hope of getting accomplished if we remained unorganized.

We also have a sportsmans caucus made up of elected members of the state house who are inclined or take part in the outdoors. The caucus includes those representatives some shareholders from the sportsman orgs and some folks from the other side of the fence.
Last edited by birddog1968 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Topher,+1
To bad in Minnesota we couldn't pay our license fees directly to DU or PF. If the DNR is going to invest 10k in a project they are dam sure going to pay 100k on a study to see if it will be worth it.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:04 pm

The problem arises when either bird numbers drop or acreage available to hunt changes to the negative...that can make any local howl that once said fine.
See Iowa.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Ron R wrote:Texan, I was talking to birddog68 but used your comment as well.

And to all you game hogs out there that are whining about non resident hunters......It is a free country and I will hunt where ever I want :D .
Now I'm with you!

On both points :D

mudhunter

Post by mudhunter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:28 pm

You are seriously ignorant if your against NR hunters! I try to hunt in as many different states as I can because I want to experience as many different birds and landscapes as I can, not to mention people. That's what its all about for me. Plus NR pump serious money into the economy and pay a premium for the license. Most guys that are willing to pay the money and take the time to travel are the same guys that are respectful of others property and the game they are hunting.

Every time I run into slob hunters they are from the state Im hunting in at that time! They most times grew up with in 20 miles of where I witnessed their slob hunting behavior; road hunting, drinking while hunting, littering, leaving game behind to rot! Ive never seen any one pay for an out of state trip and then act any of the ways I just mentioned.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Any thoughts on big game and NR, like should I have the same chance to draw a tag for elk, sheep, mountain goats, mountain lions, etc. in another state?

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:38 pm

mudhunter wrote:Every time I run into slob hunters they are from the state Im hunting in at that time! They most times grew up with in 20 miles of where I witnessed their slob hunting behavior; road hunting, drinking while hunting, littering, leaving game behind to rot! Ive never seen any one pay for an out of state trip and then act any of the ways I just mentioned.

Then you havent been hunting long enough. Out of staters are just as bad as the in staters. People are people and there is no sense pointing fingers to say one side is worse than the other. That will only give the activist's a platform. :wink:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
785-288-0461

-Thomas Paine

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:13 pm

mudhunter wrote:Every time I run into slob hunters they are from the state Im hunting in at that time! They most times grew up with in 20 miles of where I witnessed their slob hunting behavior; road hunting, drinking while hunting, littering, leaving game behind to rot! Ive never seen any one pay for an out of state trip and then act any of the ways I just mentioned.
topher40 wrote:Its also funny how many dollars (at least Ks recieves) that DONT make it back into making hunting better. I cant remember the article that I had read years ago but it stated something like .75 cents out of every hunting dollar is spent on fishing programs, water management, biking trails, camping sites, etc.
Ron R wrote: I've hunted over there with him and I will honestly tell you that alot of locals that we came across with out Tommy around were inviteing us (me and Charlie) to hunt.
birddog1968 wrote:....or do fish and game Commissions need the extra cash to do a better job managing wildlife and habitat?
First off I want to comment on a few things on here. I think that ODWC grossly mismanages the money they are allocated at least in my area. The public lands in my area are decent for quail hunting only because they are not managed they have been abandoned by the state and by the Army Corp. of Engineers, are only seriously hunted for deer, and only see NR hunters about the first 2 weekends of quail season. I work for the sheriff's office as a communications officer or dispatcher whatever you want to call us we do a lot of different jobs. One of those jobs includes fielding many, many calls about NR hunters and what I refer to as downstate hunters that drive all the way out here to the Panhandle and just pull over and start hunting. I ran across quite a few of those last year while I was hunting land I had permission to be on and have had for years. These people were hunting the same fields I was hunting only without permission. The land was not mine so I just pointed the NR and downstate hunters to an area where they could shoot a few birds. It was not my place to run them off. I receive even more calls at work from angry landowners mostly because when confronted the people respond in a rude fashion to the landowners complaints. So you see my experiences are a bit different than mudhunters and birddog 68's.

The majority of money in Oklahoma is pumped into large public areas like Lake Texoma, Lake Tenkiller, Black Kettle National Grasslands and much of the smaller areas that are fantastic for quail are ignored and abandoned like Optima NWR, Schultz Lake, Pack Saddle NWR, etc. A few years ago I started and acted as chairman of a QU organization out here. We had about 20 very eager members that wanted to perform some habitat restoration at Optima NWR which is 20,000 acres of our local land. The only thing our state wildlife biologist would allow us to do was to clean up an old shooting range out at the NWR. Here is a nationally known conservation group begging to help restore a run down and abandoned public hunting area and make it better for the wildlife residing there and you want them to pick up trash off of a shooting range rather than allowing them to perform any sort of useful habitat restoration. I don't dislike out of state hunters and am by no means a gamehog. I hunt private land for both quail and pheasant and occasionally hunt public land. Birddog 68 come on out and I would love to take you on some of our public lands.

What I can't stand is lazy state workers who refuse to do their job like our wildlife biologist and our game wardens here and I can't stand the rude out of staters and downstaters that just pull over at CRP field and turn their dogs out without permission or a care of who the land belongs to. That happens a ton here. I do however really enjoy hunting with fine gentlemen like Ron and Charlie who love dogs, upland hunting and have respect for the outdoors regardless of what state they are from. Take a poll of the landowners and residents of my area and I am positive the majority of them would tell you that you can keep your sales tax, fuel money, and food money and along with it your trespassing and disrespect. What Ron stated earlier used to be true about the majority of people here being very gracious to hunters but that is changing very rapidly for locals like myself as well as non residents.

Now as for the comment I posted on the other forum. It was more of a business question and a governmental funds allocation question that was taken out of context.

Here is what I posted.

Did you ever think that perhaps with 60% less hunters and hunting pressure that the Game Commission could effectively manage on 50% + less money? Depends on if you live in a state where there are wild birds as to how you look at things. I am inclined to agree with Jess.

Less pressure and less hunters means less to actually manage. If you really think about it, do game wardens and biologists actually manage the wildlife and the habitat? Not in my neck of the woods. They manage the users of the habitat like us hunters and fishermen and the takers of the wildlife like us hunters and fishermen. With less of us to manage there could be a budget cut because there would be no need for the money unless you are a democrat and can think of some other fund you would like to funnel these resources into. :wink:

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:21 pm

birddog1968 wrote:Ive seen it CC, and it tells a tale doesn't it....

same thing happens here with goose and fishing.....And residents reap the lions share of the reward.

We'll see if Tommyboy cares to continue the debate....
Ditto to Ron's above post!!! I also want to say that Tommy is a great guy and welcomes NR hunters. He and his wife went above and beyond to welcome Ron and myself!! Just my .02 cents worth. :D

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:36 pm

At no time was Tommy's character or hospitality called into question.

Just I hear this fairly often from some folks in other states and thought it'd make an interesting topic on its own.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

jarbo03

Post by jarbo03 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:37 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:
birddog1968 wrote:Sounds like KS and its sportsmen and women could use a sportsmens association, ban together and get her done.

+1

I nominate Chris as President, and myself as Secretary of Defense. :mrgreen:
Let me know when this gets started! I feel the state is gonna need something.

A lot of Kansas towns rely on opening weekend of pheasant to survive. I have met a lot of real nice out of staters, and some that were not, it is more about the person, not where they are from. I am blessed to live where there are a lot of wild birds and species, but I hunt out of state every year myself.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:53 pm

birddog1968 wrote:At no time was Tommy's character or hospitality called into question.

Just I hear this fairly often from some folks in other states and thought it'd make an interesting topic on its own.
No No birddog, I was just making a comment....not directed at you at all. I never thought you were questioning Tommy's character or hospitality. :D

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:01 pm

I am actually going to make a trip 40 miles north this year to hunt Morton County Kansas up around Elkhart. I am going to try for the elusive Morton County Grand Slam. Pheasant, Quail, and the toughest one the Prairie Chicken.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:12 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:I am actually going to make a trip 40 miles north this year to hunt Morton County Kansas up around Elkhart. I am going to try for the elusive Morton County Grand Slam. Pheasant, Quail, and the toughest one the Prairie Chicken.
When and who with? Need a date? :lol:
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:24 am

tommyboy72 wrote:I am actually going to make a trip 40 miles north this year to hunt Morton County Kansas up around Elkhart. I am going to try for the elusive Morton County Grand Slam. Pheasant, Quail, and the toughest one the Prairie Chicken.
You need the blues and bobs both. It's been done, ask David.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:47 am

Well I am a NR hunter in Nebraska when I hunt with my brother, times is hard for him so he dont hunt Iowa. No big deal for us at all.
If Nebraska had hot blond girls hitch-hiking to California I would hunt there.... or even some hot ones at the bar after a long day in the field...
Dude, (my LA cousin always says this first so Dude) I been to La, seen what fine work them Drs. do out there.... Our gals are natural not plastic so we tend to forgive the little flaws. Now if ya saw my daughter you would surely beat feet here just for a chance to meet her. :) she draws a crowd. She has a gun and a taser too, Dad taught her well :)
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:52 am

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:
SD has some Farm Girls stripping in bars during Phez season!! So I've heard anyway.
Looks like we're going to SD this year .
I'm not far from you Ron...I could have my arm twisted into doing some research with you :mrgreen:

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:00 am

markj wrote:Well I am a NR hunter in Nebraska when I hunt with my brother, times is hard for him so he dont hunt Iowa. No big deal for us at all.
Dude, (my LA cousin always says this first so Dude) I been to La, seen what fine work them Drs. do out there.... Our gals are natural not plastic so we tend to forgive the little flaws. Now if ya saw my daughter you would surely beat feet here just for a chance to meet her. :) she draws a crowd. She has a gun and a taser too, Dad taught her well :)
:lol: thats some funny stuff markj, and FYI guys, i worked at a strip club as a shooter girl years ago, spent alot of time getting ready with the girls and they covered their bodies in make up like paint and most if not all dancers had wigs on, fake eyelashes and pretty much had nothin they were born with so as my husband has said to his buddies "BE CAREFUL OF FALSE ADVERTISING" :lol: ....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:21 am

Just by myself right now Jess but you are always welcome to come out. I need to get some info. from Dave on WIHA land and maybe even some private. I was planning on asking Dave as we have talked about it before. I will let you know a date just as soon as I can get some of the logistics worked out.

Ahhhhhhh Ruth, a shot girl huh? :wink: That's what all the girls say. :P Sometimes I miss the smell of cherry vanilla perfume and the stripper glitter dust on my shirts. Ahhhhh the good ole days when I was still single. Brings back good memories. :lol:

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:38 am

tommyboy72 wrote:Just by myself right now Jess but you are always welcome to come out. I need to get some info. from Dave on WIHA land and maybe even some private. I was planning on asking Dave as we have talked about it before. I will let you know a date just as soon as I can get some of the logistics worked out.

Ahhhhhhh Ruth, a shot girl huh? :wink: That's what all the girls say. :P Sometimes I miss the smell of cherry vanilla perfume and the stripper glitter dust on my shirts. Ahhhhh the good ole days when I was still single. Brings back good memories. :lol:
that darn glitter spray was impossible to scrub off, from what i heard anyway :mrgreen: ....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 am

i worked at a strip club as a shooter girl years ago
I was a bouncer, took care of the girls dressing room mostly. I was there to keep creeps out of there, got to knock a few heads, girls thought I was king kong :) called me footlong :) but them days are long gone and I dont really miss them or the drunks, or the upset boyfriend cause some guy put a 20 in her undies kinda stuff. Isnt so much fun when you are sober among a bunch of drunks getting all excited over some glitzy image they cant touch. Never understood that. All I saw was germs, STDs and folks too lazy to get a real job.

They have joints like them in SD in NE and Iowa too. I dont frequent them so Icant tell ya where to look.

I hunt wild game, not tame dollar hunters :) they are hunting you and yer wallet.....
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935