UPDATE Terrible news story from South Dakota

ElhewPointer

Re: UPDATE Terrible news story from South Dakota

Post by ElhewPointer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:43 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:Hoity Toity much? :roll:
Really?!? Im quite the opposite if you knew me.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 pm

ElhewPointer wrote:
I really need not bother with that...

Yeah, well Tommy's quite the opposite of ignorant. I've not only met him and his family, but we keep in touch. Nice guy. Oh, yeah, and a man of his word...

There are "men of their word" & then, just men with words.

You owe Mr. Thoelke an apology.
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

dog dr

Re: Terrible news story from South Dakota

Post by dog dr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:06 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Sounds like acontest to see who can come up with the most ridiculus retaliation to a senseless action. It always happens on these threads and yet none of you are that stupid, as we all can see, since you are on here and not in prison. I always found it quite senseless to try to be stupider than the one committing the senseless act.

But to each your own. I'msure we will read about you when you really do what you are saying you will do.

I hope he goes to court and gets to spend some time in prison for such an incrediblely stupid act. Seems he has some kind of a mental problem that needs attention to me.

Ezzy

Thank you, Ezzy, I was thinking the same thing! I never realized what a bunch of billy badasses we have on this forum. I hate threads like this. Everybody goes on about what they would do to someone that hurt their dog, when most of them wouldnt have the nerve it takes to just go knock on their neighbors door to discuss a simple neighborhood dispute. Too bad the guy with the hammer didnt either - could have saved alot of heartache.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:10 pm

I never realized what a bunch of billy badasses we have on this forum. I hate threads like this. Everybody goes on about what they would do to someone that hurt their dog, when most of them wouldnt have the nerve it takes to just go knock on their neighbors door to discuss a simple neighborhood dispute.
except for ruth. i wouldn't want to piss her off. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:28 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:
ElhewPointer wrote:
I really need not bother with that...

You owe Mr. Thoelke an apology.
I really need not bother with that either....

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:53 pm

I would bet that it would not take much outside help to break the guy who did that financially.

First try to get him arrested and put in jail. Then law suit after law suit.
Steve

Middlecreek

Post by Middlecreek » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:54 pm

lighten up... The guy deserves what he gets for killing the dog, whatever that may be, but there is nothing to argue about when someone in a public service job makes a statement like that kidding or not. He may have no real authority/power or what have you at the prison, but should be held to a higher level of accountability when making statements pertaining to a job where the taxpayers pay his salary. He can make whatever personal threats/statements he wants and yes I realize he may have been just "Joking".
FC/RU CH SM Queen High Flush (Abby) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3815
2xCH/2xruCH FC BDK's Sin City Wildcard (Deuce) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2269

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:57 pm

I hope the guy gets what he deserves nothing more nothing less. And I truly do hope he was kidding about the bubba thing, jailors do need to hold themselves to a higher law than the curbside criminal. And to post it on a public forum,,,,well it could be bad if the wrong person reads it and misinterprets it.

A guy killed my dog, I didnt whup him he was crying just as bad as I was........ but if he did it intentionally, a 911 call is to be made in this day and age. The day when men would deal with things on a personal basis is long gone and john wayne is dead. Hit someone no matter why, you will certainly be sued and maybe jailed.

No reason for the "billy badass" anymore, them lilly livered folks took away them freedoms......used lawyers too....
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Middlecreek wrote:
lighten up... The guy deserves what he gets for killing the dog. He can make whatever personal threats/statements he wants and yes I realize he may have been just "Joking".
Uhm, ya... I already acknowledged that and it was never a matter of question on my part. Unless I've missed something, my comments were based soley on the defamation and disrespect shown towards Tommy.

Please enlighten me on what exactly I need to lighten up about.
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Please enlighten me on what exactly I need to lighten up
this post hasn't been inflammatory enough without bringing weight into it?

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Chukar12 wrote:
Please enlighten me on what exactly I need to lighten up
this post hasn't been inflammatory enough without bringing weight into it?
:lol:

Why is it that my physical size is always mentioned? I just ate at a bigger table than my sibblings growing up, is all. :mrgreen:
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

Middlecreek

Post by Middlecreek » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:36 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:
Middlecreek wrote:
lighten up... The guy deserves what he gets for killing the dog. He can make whatever personal threats/statements he wants and yes I realize he may have been just "Joking".
ya... I,Uhm, already acknowledged,Uhm, that and it was never,Uhm, a matter of,Uhm, question on my part. I've,Uhm, missed something, my comments were based soley,Uhm, on the,Uhm, deflamation and disintary,Uhm, shown towards,Uhm, Tommy.

Please enlighten me on what exactly I,Uhm, need to lighten up about.
PF, I can edit your Quote too, and I'm just kidding around and hope you don't take it seriously. Elhewpointer was just stating in not so obvious terms that you should not make statements like that as a public servant. If he wants to make personal statements, well that's up to him.
FC/RU CH SM Queen High Flush (Abby) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3815
2xCH/2xruCH FC BDK's Sin City Wildcard (Deuce) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2269

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:19 pm

I only edited the part that was directed towards me, as a way of responding to your post.

I didn't ask if you were joking or not. I didn't ask what Vagas Mathison's point was. I didn't ask for a discertation on "accountability and Public Service". I asked why you felt I needed to lighten up?
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

Middlecreek

Post by Middlecreek » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:47 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:I only edited the part that was directed towards me, as a way of responding to your post.

I didn't ask if you were joking or not. I didn't ask what Vagas Mathison's point was. I didn't ask for a discertation on "accountability and Public Service". I asked why you felt I needed to lighten up?
let it go all ready.... Your making a big deal out of nothing. The fact is, you shouldn't make statements like his as a representative of his place of public employment. You or I as individuals can say pretty much what ever we want, but when you or I say something as a corrections officer you may need to choose your words more wisely. Unless of course you think the department of corrections would agree with such actions???

The "lighten up" was in reference to your opinion of Elhewpointers post. Sorry I got involved, bash away, your are entitled to your opinion.

My opinion happens to be that he owes the taxpayers of his city/county/state or whatever an apology for his statements

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:50 pm

So you would put the life of an animal ahead of the mental and physical state of a human? This is really where folks have gone off the edge! For Gods Sakes people, THIS IS AN ANIMAL! Dont get me wrong, this guy would get some southern justice if I caught him doing this to one of my animals. Why the retribution after the fact though? The pedestal that people put these ANIMALS on is getting friggin ridiculous! If all these touchy feely tree huggers are lucky enough(and society as a whole) then the animals will outlive them. These animals are becoming more than an animal ex: pet cemeteries, funerals, memorials, and internment are all becoming very popular. Why use an e-collar, pinch collar, whoa post, even a heavy hand? Dont these animals FEEL? ( That was a sarcastic and rhetorical question) Sorry for the rant, but get a grip folks. We grieve more over a dog than a human life, where are we headed?
Chris, first of all, I am not using your quote to direct it toward Tommy or even this incident because I think this guy did a disgusting and horrible thing and needs to pay for it. Putting that aside, I completely agree with what you are saying and have felt that way for quite some time. I am attached to my dogs and even use the word love, but I in no way put them on the same level as human family members or friends.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Re: Terrible news story from South Dakota

Post by birddogger » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:53 pm

dog dr wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:Sounds like acontest to see who can come up with the most ridiculus retaliation to a senseless action. It always happens on these threads and yet none of you are that stupid, as we all can see, since you are on here and not in prison. I always found it quite senseless to try to be stupider than the one committing the senseless act.

But to each your own. I'msure we will read about you when you really do what you are saying you will do.

I hope he goes to court and gets to spend some time in prison for such an incrediblely stupid act. Seems he has some kind of a mental problem that needs attention to me.

Ezzy

Thank you, Ezzy, I was thinking the same thing! I never realized what a bunch of billy badasses we have on this forum. I hate threads like this. Everybody goes on about what they would do to someone that hurt their dog, when most of them wouldnt have the nerve it takes to just go knock on their neighbors door to discuss a simple neighborhood dispute. Too bad the guy with the hammer didnt either - could have saved alot of heartache.
I was also thinking the same thing.

Charlie

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Middlecreek wrote:
prairiefirepointers wrote:I only edited the part that was directed towards me, as a way of responding to your post.

let it go all ready.... Your making a big deal out of nothing. The fact is, you shouldn't make statements like his as a representative of his place of public employment. You or I as individuals can say pretty much what ever we want, but when you or I say something as a corrections officer you may need to choose your words more wisely. Unless of course you think the department of corrections would agree with such actions???

The "lighten up" was in reference to your opinion of Elhewpointers post. Sorry I got involved, bash away, your are entitled to your opinion.

My opinion happens to be that he owes the taxpayers of his city/county/state or whatever an apology for his statements
My opinion is you need to work on your reading comprehension. I don't think I've bashed anyone! You just made my point though, so thank you. My point was that irregardless if you choose to AGREE or DISAGREE with someone, that doesn't mean we should go around calling people ignorant by saying "People with a higher intellect than yourself" or refering to the lack of "Quality" people in his chosen profession.

Just because we don't agree with everything thats said by everyone on this forum doesn't mean we should go around saying disparaging things about them. Everyone is entitled to say whatever they want. However, you can tell alot about someone's character when a person jumps to public insults becasue they don't get thier way or like what's been said.

Please excuse me members of the board, I have a date with the pool. 8)
I bid you adieu.
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:25 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:I can promise you if he ever came to the jail I work at, I would pay one of our lovely inmates a little bit of commissary and let's just say he would be walking a little funny on his way out the door. :wink:

Can't say that kind of thing in public Tommy, if you are a CO. It only reinforces the public's opinion of jail safety being a joke (and it isn't.)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:58 pm

By the way I don't work for DOC.

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Thats probabaly the first time my first name has been spelled right and my last name absolutly distroyed. ha Is the defamation? Ha

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:19 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:First off Elhew and Middlecreek let's get something straight I am nobody's servant, public or otherwise. This is a job and that is it. I work here because I have to. I have a Finance Degree, Marketing Degree and Business Management Degree. By no means am I ignorant. I am no more a servant than a Senator or Congressman and when is the last time you saw any of them actually help the public? As for what I stated it was a joke. As for why I said it, it didn't have a "bleep" thing to do with him being human and the dog being an animal, it didn't have a "bleep" thing to do with destruction of someone's property and it didn't have a "bleep" thing to do with cruelty to animals or a small fine he received. It has to do with respect for your neighbor. Maybe the guy's dog did bark too much and disturb the dog murderer but anyone with any common sense or as Dilhew Pointer put it "higher intellect" which I am surprised the guy can spell, knows you don't walk over to an enclosed kennel and murder the guy's dog. How do you think most serial killers started out, as animal killers and torturers. Leave your neighbor alone and he will leave you alone. I am glad for many of you pansies out there too because I know if I ever decide to turn to a life of crime I will always have people like you to turn the other cheek and forgive me for my sins. Middlecreek let me have a word with you now. Morons like you are the reason this country is the way it is. I should not be held to a higher accountability because of my job. What am I GOD or an Angel? I am a human being with a job in law enforcement and I should be held to the same level of accountability as anyone else idiot. You don't hold someone to a higher standard of ethics because of their job. If that were the case then a priest would have much higher ethics than a hooker but in most cases that isn't true. Sounds like many on this website are just a wee bit homophobic and virginitiphobic. You are right dog dr. there are way too many billy badasses on this website. I believe they use this website as an outlet for repressed feelings of inadequacy in their personal lives. Makes them feel tough to demean someone on the internet but they would never dare do it face to face for fear of physical reprisal. Let me know if I am speaking above your heads here Cornhuskers. As far as Dillhew Pointers goes it seems that every single thread or post I am part of this guy is running his mouth at me. This is a guy who doesn't post his location and I am not even sure if that is his dog he has pictured on his avatar. Is it Dillhew? Many of you need to relax. Don't commit crimes, don't beat your wife and don't cheat on your taxes and you won't have to worry about "people like me" in law enforcement because you won't come into contact with them. I sure hope my rant and my other post change the life of just one would be criminal and make them think twice about it. Man I wish there was a middle finger icon on here. :roll:
Thank you for proving my point. Really? You're worried about my location? Lincoln, Nebraska. You obviously knew that from the cornhusker remark. Good one BTW. BTW stands for by the way. The avatar is Ch. Nella Running Tab. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but yep he was mine. Again, thank you for proving my point and have a great weekend.

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:26 pm

As for the OP. What a travesty. A good dog lost his life. A person is going to possibly do time. A sad event from so many angles.

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:27 pm

Please!!

Can someone just run over there and hit that guy in head with a hammer so I can get back to my beer, and those special members fighting on here can go back to telling their neighbors to quite down their dogs. You know who you are.

Joe

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Corn huskers? Tom, please don't lump us all together just because we live in a different part of the country than you. :lol:

Charlie

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:31 pm

These aholes that like to talk about holding humans in such high regard aren't the ones who come to work and see a judge turn some baby raping piece of garbage over to a "treatment program" for child molesters and rapists while an 18 year old young boy who has never been in any trouble in his life spends a year in real jail because after he turned 18 he continued to date is 16 year old girlfriend he had been dating for 4 years and the parents didn't like him so they waited till he was an adult and pressed charges on the young man. These same aholes don't see a murderer get off with a couple of years in prison while a drug mule gets 10 years. Drug hauling is bad but murder is worse. Look at the Bible. It states thall shalt not kill. I am not as religious as you Jess so can you tell me, anywhere in the Bible does it state thall shalt not haul drugs? These same aholes have never read a PC stating that an individual was in his home drinking and the police called him out on the front porch to "talk with him" and then arrested him for public intoxication. Then if the poor guy does not come out of his home to speak with the officers because he is on to the game then he is arrested for resisting arrest. You people are so naive and moronic. Before you speak you should realize what you are speaking about. Law enforcement is not about preventing crime or about solving crime or even about justice is all about how much money can we make off this idiot we are about to arrest.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:39 pm

Sorry Charlie. At least I know one decent husker. :lol:

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:46 pm

ElhewPointer wrote:

Thats probabaly the first time my first name has been spelled right and my last name absolutly distroyed. ha Is the defamation? Ha
I'll just shorten it up for better effect.. VAG
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:57 pm

jcbuttry8 wrote:Please!!

Can someone just run over there and hit that guy in head with a hammer so I can get back to my beer, and those special members fighting on here can go back to telling their neighbors to quite down their dogs. You know who you are.

Joe
To tell the truth, I have had neighbor's dog's that I would have liked to taken a hammer to. :lol: Of course, I would never do that.

Charlie

Middlecreek

Post by Middlecreek » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:19 pm

Wow.... nice post, but it's not what you think about the situation, it's the fact that you spew it out on a public forum.

Good luck with the making money off of the inmates.... Our prison system is full of paying customers... really?

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:23 pm

hey Charlie,

We all have. In fact, I have a few neighborhood kids that I would like to take a hammer to.

There are just some people on this site that really should toss back a few beers or even hit the funny bud before logging on and typing. It is funny how this forum was designed for people with a common love to find each other and share that with each other, yet it is used for people to bully others for the sake of it. It is a birddog forum. There will always be passionate people on here that will do much more than others for the sake of their dog.

The fact of the matter is that our judicial system sucks. This guy will in no way get what he deserves. Yes, maybe the dog shouldn't be put higher that a human, but I have small kids. My kids love our dogs. If I had to explain to my daughter why the man next door killed her dog, I would want a little alone time with him, but I am a law abiding citizen and ultimately, would just let it go.

For those of you who like to get on here and attack others personally, come on, please get a dictionary or have your wife get one and look up forum. You know what, i will do it for you ( Forum:A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged) That is the point of this site. If you cannot handle it, maybe you need to find some other way to waste your time.

This is a great site. I am farely new here and have met some great people on here so far. I will continue to come here because the years of information that is accessable here are priceless. This issue as horrible as it was, is not something that should have tied up two pages. You know when it has gone on to long when someone has to post "speaking of the OP" on the second page.

hey my two cents. I believe this site is better than this.

Joe

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 pm

jcbuttry8 wrote:hey Charlie,

We all have. In fact, I have a few neighborhood kids that I would like to take a hammer to.

There are just some people on this site that really should toss back a few beers or even hit the funny bud before logging on and typing. It is funny how this forum was designed for people with a common love to find each other and share that with each other, yet it is used for people to bully others for the sake of it. It is a birddog forum. There will always be passionate people on here that will do much more than others for the sake of their dog.

The fact of the matter is that our judicial system sucks. This guy will in no way get what he deserves. Yes, maybe the dog shouldn't be put higher that a human, but I have small kids. My kids love our dogs. If I had to explain to my daughter why the man next door killed her dog, I would want a little alone time with him, but I am a law abiding citizen and ultimately, would just let it go.

For those of you who like to get on here and attack others personally, come on, please get a dictionary or have your wife get one and look up forum. You know what, i will do it for you ( Forum:A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged) That is the point of this site. If you cannot handle it, maybe you need to find some other way to waste your time.

This is a great site. I am farely new here and have met some great people on here so far. I will continue to come here because the years of information that is accessable here are priceless. This issue as horrible as it was, is not something that should have tied up two pages. You know when it has gone on to long when someone has to post "speaking of the OP" on the second page.

hey my two cents. I believe this site is better than this.

Joe
Yet you fuel the fire.

geez

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Looking at all the previous posts, you would definitely be one to take offense at this Ellhew.

It's not fueling the fire, it's trying to point out how far this has gone. That would be way to far.

Joe

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Don't even waste your time Joe. You remember those kids we used to pick on in school? Some of those kids grew up and decided to pick back via internet forums. :D

brad27

Post by brad27 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Wow. First you long tail guys invade that precious GSP thread talking about long tailed this that and the other, now your over here causing a ruckus. I think you guys need to get some GSP's and mellow out. :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:27 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:By the way I don't work for DOC.
You are an Officer? Now I understand. You have earned the right to say what you want.:)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:38 pm

I hope the monitors can finally see that this thread is no longer about the guy with the hammer who killed a dog... 'bout time to lock it... Puleeezzzeee... :roll:
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:54 pm

SHORTFAT wrote:I hope the monitors can finally see that this thread is no longer about the guy with the hammer who killed a dog... 'bout time to lock it... Puleeezzzeee... :roll:

Why not delete the irrelevant material instead? The original subject is germane to those with an interest in dogs and there are several facets of this particular case that could be turning points in animal cruelty and personal property law.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.