honky tonk attitude

Elkhunter

Re: honky tonk attitude

Post by Elkhunter » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:16 pm

displaced_texan wrote:
ElhewPointer wrote:
Elkhunter wrote:There was a few litters out here in UT that had cherry eye everywhere, one litter 2 out of the 3 pups had cherry eye and one is a full grown female that weighs under 30 lbs and her brother is HUGE. I know Ross Calloway had problems with cherry eye also. I am sure there are some good ones and bad ones, just where I am from there have been very few that I have been impressed with. Even Scott Miller has very few HTA dogs that he runs anymore. I would just be careful buying anything tightly line-bred HTA which I guess would be my main point of criticism, outcrossed I have seen some really nice dogs.. Though they sure do look pretty on point, which sells a lot of dogs! :D
Scott doesnt run dogs anymore.
Why muddy a good discussion with details like that? :lol:
Well he has not been out long since I just saw him The Field Jan 2010 issue, ironically very very few of the dogs that he was placing were out of the fabled HTA lines... :) That clear the waters a bit for ya?

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:18 pm

birddogpete wrote:2002 NBHA Amateur Invitational Champion 2001 NBHA Amateur National Champion 2001 NBHA Northcentral Regional Champion 2000 NBHA RU National Shooting Dog Champion 1999 NBHA National Open Invitational Champion 1999 ABHA National Open Shooting Dog Champion 1999 NBHA RU National Free For All Champion 2000 North Central Regional Open Shooting Dog Champion 2000 ABHA Northwest Central Open Shooting Dog Champion 1998 ABHA Northwest Central Regional Open Shooting Dog Champion 1997 NBHA Western Regional Open Shooting Dog Champion 2000 Kasco NBHA Pointing Dog of the Year 2000 NBHA Open Shooting Dog of the Year 1999 NBHA Oklahoma Open Shooting Dog of the Year 1998 NBHA Oklahoma RU Shooting Dog of the Year 1997 NBHA Oklahoma Amateur Shooting Dog of the Year 1996 NBHA Oklahoma Amateur Derby of the Year 1996 NBHA Missouri Open Derby of the Year 1996 NBHA Missouri Amateur Derby of the Year............................................ a renagade maybe,a cull i dont think so :D
Never said I would cull him! Just what was said to me, I have no doubt he was a great dog, just dont think he produced much. Well I guess he produced Shadows Attitude who produced High Finance and Gigilo was out of that stuff, other than those three dogs I cant really think of any that are out of him. He really benefited from the internet getting big, late 90's as the net got bigger his pic was all over the place and he looks like a million bucks which is why I think he was as popular as he was.
Last edited by Elkhunter on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Elkhunter wrote:
birddogpete wrote:2002 NBHA Amateur Invitational Champion 2001 NBHA Amateur National Champion 2001 NBHA Northcentral Regional Champion 2000 NBHA RU National Shooting Dog Champion 1999 NBHA National Open Invitational Champion 1999 ABHA National Open Shooting Dog Champion 1999 NBHA RU National Free For All Champion 2000 North Central Regional Open Shooting Dog Champion 2000 ABHA Northwest Central Open Shooting Dog Champion 1998 ABHA Northwest Central Regional Open Shooting Dog Champion 1997 NBHA Western Regional Open Shooting Dog Champion 2000 Kasco NBHA Pointing Dog of the Year 2000 NBHA Open Shooting Dog of the Year 1999 NBHA Oklahoma Open Shooting Dog of the Year 1998 NBHA Oklahoma RU Shooting Dog of the Year 1997 NBHA Oklahoma Amateur Shooting Dog of the Year 1996 NBHA Oklahoma Amateur Derby of the Year 1996 NBHA Missouri Open Derby of the Year 1996 NBHA Missouri Amateur Derby of the Year............................................ a renagade maybe,a cull i dont think so :D
Never said I would cull him! Just what was said to me, I have no doubt he was a great dog, just dont think he produced much. Thats all.
I took his cull reference as being to those that said he should be culled...
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:46 pm

He did not produce Shadow's Attitude. Does anyone have an up to date production record on him?

birddogpete

Post by birddogpete » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Shadows Attitude(cash)as well as Attitudes High Finance(ben) were a product of ed cooleys breeding program in arab al,cash was the runt of the litter and does throw some small dogs, He is outta Joe shadow & Feminine Attitude.Ben was outta Shadows Attitude & Videlia she was heavy elhew strike bred which we always felt put the size back into them.I am sorry if i ruffled anyones feathers by posting hta's record i was simply stating facts.We breed heavily in joe shadow/hta/and elhew stuff Run-N-Gun kennels

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:17 am

HTA is the sire of multi time CH and NC Honkytonk Gigolo as well as multi time NC Honky Tonk Highrise he is the gr sire of 2x NC Shadow's Attitude and is the gr sire to way to many champions to list! He has produced multiple NSTRA champions and many hunting dogs that have more than pleased their owners. I believe he also had a daughter than won a couple National Championships. It would be interesting to see his production numbers. I personally am pretty sure that they are pretty impressive. Scott and Stan did a ton of winning with offspring from HTA and did not quit using it until they moved on to horseback stakes. I believe this line of dogs has obviously had the greatest success in the walking trials. I don't ride horses and really don't have any plans on starting so I am happy feeding offspring of all the dogs I mentioned earlier. SCKWEST

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:12 am

Elkhunter wrote: Well he has not been out long since I just saw him The Field Jan 2010 issue, ironically very very few of the dogs that he was placing were out of the fabled HTA lines... :) That clear the waters a bit for ya?
Josh,

You need to catch up on some reading then buddy. Its 2011. haha. If you read something in a Jan 2010 issue that trial probably ran Sept. 09. I know he didn't compete at all last season.

birddogpete

Post by birddogpete » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Honky Tonk Attitudes production record to date is 53-257-1595 sckwest1 i think the female that you were refering to bout the championships was Honky Tonk Fantasy she died fairly young if my memory serves me right she was only bred once to Shadows Attitude i owned a dog outta that cross his name is Honky Tonk Kryponite he is one nice animal

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:56 am

Those numbers are pretty impressive in my book and they don't include all the NSTRA champions he has produced. I think it's safe to say he has produced atleast 15 NSTRA champions and many of his grandchilren have went on to make champions in NSTRA. For someone looking for foot trialing or foot hunting dogs this line is tops. SCKWEST

wranglerkennels

Post by wranglerkennels » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Not only do these dogs look great on point, they have the nose and biddability that everyone looks for. That's what makes them so sought after. I have one of the females from the Shadows Attitude/ Honky Tonk Fantasy litter as well. I also have two frozen semen sons of HTA and a frozen semen daughter. Hard to beat on wild birds when you combine all their attributes.
Last edited by wranglerkennels on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:43 am

wranglerkennels wrote:These dogs just don't look good on point

is this a typo?
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:21 pm

birddog1968 wrote:
wranglerkennels wrote:These dogs just don't look good on point

is this a typo?
I believe Markus was meaning that they are more than just good looking dogs while pointed.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Duh :oops: Thanks Ron.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno