Transpet ?????

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Transpet ?????

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:17 pm

Anyone here ever heard of this Pet transport company and if so..what are your comments about them?
I have a couple of pups I am needing to get from Mo to AZ
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:22 pm

Maybe I am way off base here, but I am skeptical of them, simply because I believe that is the main way puppy mills get pups out. I worry about health issues, ect. I like Delta Pet First for shipping.
brenda

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:42 am

Thanks...That is why I am asking first before considering them...
My problem right now is I can not have them shipped to me since it is too hot here in AZ.... :(
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:29 pm

Rick used to drive to Albequrke(sp) to ship.
brenda

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:02 pm

Hopefully ....I think it maybe taken care of...will know tomorrow

Next one ...there is a pup from this same litter that needs to go back east...the LAdy lives in Florida...anyone headed from southwest corner of MO to the southeastern part of the states....

DS

Post by DS » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi, Arlett i have used alaska airlines in warm weather here in az, they have air conditioned storage area they put the pet in, or at least did last time i used them. D

Ridge-Point

Post by Ridge-Point » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:53 pm

have you tried flying at night or is it too hot then as well?

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:56 am

We have never used them.......BUT

We do use Continental Air Lines....

The dogs dont go to the plane until 20 mins prior to flight. They stay in an AC controlled room.

The planes and vehicles used to transport them are AC controlled as well.

They dont have a heat restriction because of these procedures (except for pugs). We have flown many dogs with them without incident.

TAK

Post by TAK » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:50 am

I have used a ground shipper. It takes a little longer to get the pup so to speak. Greg Anderson I believe is his name from Colorado???? It has been some time ago. I was happy with what I seen. The truck was new, the A/C and Heated rig was Alum and when I got my pup out he handed her over and cleaned out the box with Clorox and water. One thing it was more money than an Airlines but it was door step to door step.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:08 am

Normally during winter there isn't an issue flying here in Arizona but during the summer the temps here are 110 plus

and when I called contin Air they said they no longer offer summer dog cargo maybe the person I spoke to was clueless...
But it looks like one of the gundog board members is headed through that area and he lives about 45 minutes south of me and has offered to pick up the pups for this I am SUPER greatful for...and hopefully the pups will keep his son entertained making for a happy trip...

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:30 pm

Glad you found someone responsible.....

On the Continental subject......They ship all year.....just flew two out last week.

Phil