Temp truths

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Temp truths

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:32 am

A couple years ago I was trying to describe to someone about our temps here in AZ So as the weather channel is trying to tell you it is 112 I go out at noon time and here is what I get

Click to enlarge

This first picture is a shaded area about 3 feet off the ground

This is what your dogs feet are walking on when you let them out

This is where it was shaded but still if you think you dog is cooler in the shade this is what they are feeling

So when you are out and it is warm no matter where you are ..reach down and feel the ground, If it is to hot fr your hand imagine what it is like for your dog :wink:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

displaced_texan

Re: Temp truths

Post by displaced_texan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:42 am

What did I start??? :lol:

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I knew the ground got hot, never bothered to find out how hot though.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:53 am

I will put codura boots on at trials when the ground stats to get warm...and people sit there and wonder why their dogs are blowing pads
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

A/C Guy

Post by A/C Guy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:13 pm

That isn't so hot. :roll:

Blacktop will easily reach 180˚F.

People don't realize just how dangerous it is for their pets.
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams.

Byrdgirl

Post by Byrdgirl » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:11 pm

I was just out in Arizona last week for 5 days for work. I felt like I stepped out of the airport into the ninth level of hades. Oh boy was it hot!!
Follow our adventures at: http://gsphuntingdog.blogspot.com/
Hunting Dog Photography: http://byrddogphotography.com/