Been a long time

DonF
GDF Junkie

Been a long time

Post by DonF » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Been a long time figuring how to get back on here. Mostly that "Login" deal would not come up on my computer. Finally gave up on it until today. Thought I'd look again. Yep, it is finally there. But I've been gone so long I couldn't remember my screen name and secret code. Well after trying several times I gave up and registered again. Wow, it worked!

Squirt and Bodie have grown up, I think they were still pups last time I got on here. I've put in a new pigeon loft with racing homers in it. Started with three pair this spring. Had 20 young birds. Three got killed by a hawk, two died in the nest really young, one got under a board and had it fall on it killing it, nice looking red check, still have it's sibling and it's a good looking bird. Got all but one coming in thru the bobs so I put it back in the old bird side. Over there is a trap going to a large outside pen. Taught the rest to push the bobs aside in there. Oh yea, also figured out how to make new bobs with threaded rod, nuts aluminum tent posts. The "bleep" moles killed a young apple tree on me last year. Put in a new one this spring and there they came again. Stuck a hose in their hole and ran water in it for an hour. When it dried out the sucker came back so I did the same thing again. That finished that. Now the "bleep" thing is working on a peach tree. Gave it the water treatment two days in a row, we'll see. I only mention this because they are outside my new loft!

Here's my boys all grown up.

Bodie in front ans Squirt in back. Bodie is my style dog. he'd rather look good and lose than look bad and win.

Here's Squirt.

And then Bodie.

I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Re: Been a long time

Post by birddog1968 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Good lookin shags, glad you got back on..... :)
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Welcome back. You were missed.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Thanks you guy's, I missed this place too. Just couldn't figure out how to do it.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Fine looking dogs! Setters Rule! :D
big steve

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Great looking dogs. "Bodie is my style dog. he'd rather look good and lose than look bad and win." too funny:)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett