Thunderhead GSPs?

CowboyBirdDogs

Thunderhead GSPs?

Post by CowboyBirdDogs » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:12 pm

Has anyone heard of this kennel and the dogs in it? Particularly the dog named Rowdy? I like his build and look a lot. Just wondering what kind of reputation they have or if anyone on here knows them. Thanks!

Thunderheadgsps.com

jbogacki76

Re: Thunderhead GSPs?

Post by jbogacki76 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Ron is a very nice guy. I have spoken to him a couple of times. He trains his own dogs and does a good job. Give him a call, he is more than willing to talk and answer questions about dogs with anyone.

Rowdy is a very impressive dog. He is a looker too.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:23 pm

PM Coveyrise47 he has a dog from Ron and knows him well.

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:32 pm

ACooper wrote:PM Coveyrise47 he has a dog from Ron and knows him well.
Nice try, fat fingers........ :mrgreen:

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:34 pm

ElectricShorthairs wrote:Has anyone heard of this kennel and the dogs in it? Particularly the dog named Rowdy? I like his build and look a lot. Just wondering what kind of reputation they have or if anyone on here knows them. Thanks!

Thunderheadgsps.com
I went up to Judge a test up there and went to look at his dogs and do some training a couple of days before the test.

Top notch individual Ron is. Dogs are the same.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Coveyrise64 wrote:
ACooper wrote:PM Coveyrise47 he has a dog from Ron and knows him well.
Nice try, fat fingers........ :mrgreen:

Coveyrise64
oops 64 :D

CowboyBirdDogs

Post by CowboyBirdDogs » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:28 am

Seems that everyone has nothing but great things to say about Ron and his dogs. Thanks for all the great info. I'll be in te market for a 3rd dog in spring of 2013 and I can't decide on a Brittany or another shorthair.I figured that I'd start doing my homework and search nationwide to see the best possible kennel/breeding for me.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:37 am

I nearly bought one of his dogs out of Bonnie, until Ruby came to me from Snips.

I really like what I have seen from the few dogs I have had chance to watch briefly. Steve Rankin on here has one or two of them and really seems to like them. I am pretty sure some of his breeding has the Shooting Star dogs in it, which is a good thing because those dog were good as well. Easy training, Hard hunting.

The dog of Steves was wicked stylish and a hard running dog but always seem to be in control. STunning animal in my opinion.

I would get a dog from them. I had spoken Ron to a couple times , (I think that is his name) He was a very responsive person, worked his dogs, I believe trains his own. Nice man. good dogs.

Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

mik

Post by mik » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:27 pm

I own a 19 Month old Son of Rowdy Thunderhead.
Otto is only my second hunting dog..I could not be more pleased with my new hunting partners so far...He is a family dog that stays in the house, crate trained for travel and during the day when we are off at work, sleeps on the foot of my son's bed for a few hours each night, then on a dog bed on the floor by the head of our bed...Well mannered in the house to the point we think he is much older than he is...
Otto scored a Prize I, 112 points on his NAVHDA NA test this spring...The first test I've ever run.....I used past NAVHDA NA test results in the State to narrow down my choice for breeders then it was just luck and litter timing that got me a Thunderhead.....
Nothing but good things to say about Ron and Deb and the animals they put on this Earth....
Texas is not that far from God's Country(Wisco) if you're ever in the "neighborhood"

Have any other question please feel free to pm me.

Otto's pedigree: http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=3189 Can't figure out if this shows on my posts or not