Cash & the cat

shootist

Cash & the cat

Post by shootist » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:00 am

We recently had a cat show up. She doesn't stay long. I think she belongs to the people that live behind us. Yesterday I was going to do some yardwork in the backyard and thouight i would let Cash be with me. I looked around and made sure the cat was gone before I let Cash out. After a little while I heard my 10 year old son say, "Cash is on point". I looked up and saw Cash locked up intensely on one of my children's toys. The toy was a riding toy. I wondered why Cash was doing such a beautiful point on a toy. A short time later I saw the cat pop up from the trunk area of the toy car. My first thought was that Cash was going to get scratched and/or bitten. The cat hissed a few times, arched its back, and took off running. Cash, of course, was close behind. The cat ran up a tree to make its escape.

hrchunter

Post by hrchunter » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:39 am

thats pretty cool,our chessy loves our family cat but i'll tell u she will run and run and run any other cat,i guess shes fine with the family cat because she grew up with it and the cat put her in her place a few times when she was a pup but she cant withstand a good chase with a neighbor cat.which doesnt bother me much because the dern cats come pee in our bushes and make them stink to livin heck.
if u can't do it with a dog it aint worth doin

huntin dogs are like potato chips you can't have just one.

Breton13

Post by Breton13 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:48 am

Penny and my younger cat will play all day, or until the cat get's tired of it. My older cat won't lower her standards to "play" with anyone. Haven't seen the dog around other cat's though.
Good story!
Fay P.
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
Penny's Pedigree
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=270

gr_elliott

Post by gr_elliott » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:00 am

Rowdy will chase our cat all day if he could, we dont leave the two of them together alone, it could be bad and i would end up being divorced.

A buddy of mine had his GSP at a freinds house in the back yard. the freinds roommate had a cat and let the cat out in the backyard also, which almost turned out bad. About 10 minutes later my buddies dog came running up to him with the cat in his mouth. retriving to hand like he was suppose to...the cat lived, but it was a close call

I think alot of these dogs just have too high of a prey drive to leave them with little furry animals that are smaller

GSP4619

Post by GSP4619 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:22 am

Oh man LOL glad that did not turn out a mess.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:10 pm

I'm actually what I consider "lucky" with regard to cats. My parents' cat (formerly cats, but one passed away this past spring) always seem to give puppies a good introduction to what a feline really is. They run after the pups, hissing and swatting with their declawed paws. They do no harm, but scare the heebie-jeebies outta pups. To date, there are few cats that Justus or my sister's weim will go around. 99% of the time they think it's just best to steer clear.

Odd behavior for a dog, but I don't have to worry about explaining a patch of fur and a grease spot to a neighbor, either.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux