Dog Box

southwayno

Dog Box

Post by southwayno » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:42 pm

I'm looking at Dog box's and wondering which brand you guys have and like or dislike. I like Patriot dog boxes but Clay wont answer his phone. It's for a open bed F-150. I live in Wisconsin so a insulated box is a must for me. I have two pointing dog also
Thanks

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Re: Dog Box

Post by nikegundog » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:26 pm

I liked the Patriot also, except they use to have a wood bottom (still might) and it was very tough to clean them out. My next box will be a NorthStar. http://www.northstarplasticsinc.com/#dog_boxes:

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:37 pm

I love the Nothstar I got.

JeremyS

Post by JeremyS » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 pm

I got a Northstar, too. Great box, just had a minor mix up with the specs on mine. They are taking care of me though and building me a new one. Great customer service. Also don't think insulated is necessary with their design.

larry

Post by larry » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:15 am

PM sent

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:42 am

I have a insulated all aluminum Patriot dog box I bought about 8 years ago. I sprayed the interior with bed liner so it doesn't turn the white dogs black. I would put the doors higher on the box my taller dogs bump and it would keep bedding in better. also don't like the flip latches the the dogs learn to open them. There is nothing quite like being cold nosed at midnight driving home from Sodak alone at midnight.
I've kept Gsps in it overnight at -10 covered with a rug.
I didn't know he was still in business and would like contact info.
J

art hubbard

Post by art hubbard » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:09 am

I have a Deer Creek box, insulated, metal floor and divider. I did put a heavy duty rubber mat in each compartment. They have all sizes and different configuarations or will custom build. Real attractive box, also very durable. They don't give them away but well worth the money.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Ive got a Deer Creek box also. it is a pretty nice piece and and is well put together. I live close enough that I was able to go to their shop and pick it up and they have a real nice clean shop.

They were also more than willing to build my box to my specs so that I can now use my dog box with my gooseneck.

Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Deerskin also makes some nice boxes, they are in Tx.

As far as not needing insulation because it's plastic, that don't hold much water....I've got a insulated stainless box and a northstar and the insulated box is warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno