Whoa really does mean whoa!

mxdad777

Whoa really does mean whoa!

Post by mxdad777 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Funny story.....This past weekend I was straightening a bent posts on a wrought iron fence around the pool in the back yard. I wrapped a chain around the bent post and had my son on the tractor pulling it straight. As the chain tightened, I yelled out whoa. My son stopped and then I told him a little more. After it moved another inch I once again yelled out whoa. My wife who had been watching through a window in the house steps outside and said what's wrong with Kimber (my dog). I turned and looked and she was standing still over on the other side of the pool. My wife then proceeded to tell me that she was watching out the window and all of a sudden she saw Kimber, who was running around the pool come to an immediate halt. I quickly gave her the release command and she came running over to me. Kind of funny, but I bet my dog was sure wondering why I kept telling her to whoa when I wasn't even paying attention to her. I did tell her good dog after she ran over to me. :wink:

BillGraves

Re: Whoa really does mean whoa!

Post by BillGraves » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:21 pm

That's a great story. Thanks for sharing! See, they really DO listen!

Bill

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:58 pm

That's a good story. I've taught my 3 to stay at the top of the stairs when I am going down the stairs for safety sake.

The other night I wondered where the dogs were. Found them at the top of the stairs ; I had forgotten to release them. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:04 pm

I read a good story about Dr. Alvin Nitchman years ago in American Field. Seem's he was out watching some dog work, I forget if it was training or trial. The handler went by his dog and flushed the bird. The dog broke and took off running after the bird, the handler screaning "whoa" over and over again. Dr. Nitchman turned to the guy standing next to him and said, "I wonder what he tells that dog when he wants it to stop and stand still".
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!