Kennel doors

jbogacki76

Kennel doors

Post by jbogacki76 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:18 am

Was looking at getting a couple doors for my indoor/outdoor kennels. Can you lock the K9 Kondo doors at all? I would like to get doors that I can lock if possible. I will have 2 kennels on my garage.

Lyco Setter

Re: Kennel doors

Post by Lyco Setter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:38 am

This may not sound all that secure as an actual padlock but perhaps just installing the door backwards, drilling a hole through the end of the pin for a beefy cotter pin?

bumper52

Post by bumper52 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:23 am

I'm not real sure what you mean by locking. Are you wanting to just keep the dogs inside of the house? If so, couldn't you just drills holes for the pins towards the bottom of the door? See attached pic If you are wanting to padlock, I'm not sure
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bumper52

Post by bumper52 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:27 am

http://www.k-9kondo.com/categories/Kennel-Door/

read this thread....says they have doors with options of remaining open or closed

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:37 am

dog-den-door.jpg
As bumper52 stated (and stealing his photo :) ) yes if you pull the rod out from top "open" position, there are holes already drilled in the bottom part of the "wind blocker panels" where you can slide the rod thru to "lock" the door closed. I have 3 of these.

I have never done it. Even in the coldest WI winter, I have felt there need to be some circulation...but who knows, there could be a need somewhere down the line.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jbogacki76

Post by jbogacki76 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:17 pm

I want one I can lock since my kennels will be on the 3rd stall of an attached Garage. So, if I go on vacation i'm not worrying - because I live outside Chicago. ;)