Hat is the best chew toy

WillieELk78GSP

Hat is the best chew toy

Post by WillieELk78GSP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:37 am

My 9week old pup loves this hat of mine but I am wondering if it is safe for her to chew on? I took off all tags and the button on top. She also loves this bully stick which I am assuming is safe. Thanks for the input!!
God Bless

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Re: Hat is the best chew toy

Post by ultracarry » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:30 am

As long as you watch and don't let them chew off the fabric on the hat. Mine will start to chew and then rip at the fabric. The bad thing is I don't let her but she will steal them off of the rack or counter.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:43 am

you'll make a lifetime hat chewer....... Is that really what you want?
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

WillieELk78GSP

Post by WillieELk78GSP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:08 pm

birddog1968 wrote:you'll make a lifetime hat chewer....... Is that really what you want?
Ya you are probably right, but she loves it so much and it keeps he from chewing the carpet or rugs!!! So it might be a toss up on what I would rather deal with!
God Bless

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:25 pm

WillieELk78GSP wrote:
birddog1968 wrote:you'll make a lifetime hat chewer....... Is that really what you want?
Ya you are probably right, but she loves it so much and it keeps he from chewing the carpet or rugs!!! So it might be a toss up on what I would rather deal with!
get a kong that you can pack with peanut butter or a milk bone, see if she likes that......gotta correct for bad chewing but give at the same time something to get a pat on the head for.....the dog will learn whats to be chewed and whats not to be chewed..... Good luck !
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

jwnissen

Post by jwnissen » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:44 pm

I use to worry all the time, but after a few months you will realize that your dog will eat anything and everything!!! The siding on the house, sticks, sticks and more sticks, but she really loves tissue paper. I bought her some elk antlers and she goes through phases chewing on them. As a puppy, I fed her frozen blueberries and peach slices to help with the teething. I would relly recommend looking into pet insurance. I use VPI, pay $35 a month and have a $100 yearly deductible. It has paid for itself already and it was the best decision I ever made. I get 90 percent of my money back from vet bills. Look into it.

John

crazyboy

Post by crazyboy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:50 pm

birddog1968 wrote:
WillieELk78GSP wrote:
get a kong that you can pack with peanut butter or a milk bone, see if she likes that......gotta correct for bad chewing but give at the same time something to get a pat on the head for.....the dog will learn whats to be chewed and whats not to be chewed..... Good luck !
Put the kong in the freezer after you pack it, will keep them occupied longer.

Deuce

Post by Deuce » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:01 pm

I add wet dog food before the peanut butter then freeze it... takes um a good bit to get through it