Some yard training

trasmuson3

Some yard training

Post by trasmuson3 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:18 am

I introduced “wing on a string last night” for the first time, just to make sure that my new pup had some point in her. She did have a couple of really nice points. I know a lot of people prefer the high tail at 90 degrees, but hers is a set a little low, me personally I like it set a little lower like this. But just out of curiosity, as she matures and gets more point in her, while her tail raise more on point? Now I don’t plan on using the wing on a string anymore because it seems like she wanted to chase it and catch it more than point it in the 15 minutes that we were doing it, but I mostly got the wing to wrap around a pumper to help build up her drive for retrieving. Up until last night she didn’t have a huge desire in playing fetch, but once I put that wing around the bumper she was in heaven, chasing it down and bringing it right back to me. Played it for just a couple of minutes and left her wanting a lot more. So far I am a proud Dad and excited to see her future.
New Image 1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Some yard training

Post by Sharon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:45 am

You should be proud. Tail height is fine with me . Hard to say whether real birds will raise that tail. ( is she too thin?)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

trasmuson3

Post by trasmuson3 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:22 am

Sharon wrote:You should be proud. Tail height is fine with me . Hard to say whether real birds will raise that tail. ( is she too thin?)
She was too thin about a week and a half ago, but she is looking great right now, she still could use a couple more pounds on her but she starting to gain. We've had her a month now and she's gained about 10 pounds so i think she is on the right track as far as size goes.

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:56 pm

The old school liked the tail at 45 dg but the new trend 20yrs (lol) like the 90dg. It seems to be drifting back to the old school in some dog circles.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:01 pm

That tail would not bother me. I don't like a straight back or lower tail and I don't like a straight up tail. Forget the tail for now, look at the intensity in that pup. If you can train it and keep that your really gonna have something.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:45 am

That tail is just fine. Good looking pup!

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:24 am

You have a fine looking pup. Don't worry about the tail, it looks fine, and will likely get higher as the dog matures.
Steve

trasmuson3

Post by trasmuson3 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone! Like I said, I am one proud dad. Nothing but pleased with her.

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:03 pm

45 or 90 doesnt matter having fun is more importend now, good lookin pup !

Not finding birds and lacking abilty is a problem. :roll:

trasmuson3

Post by trasmuson3 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:11 pm

IMG_4124.JPG
IMG_3631.JPG
Man, I just love seeing her on point! I'm definately happy with my purchase!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.