San Jose CA in Oct.

jcbuttry8

San Jose CA in Oct.

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:09 pm

So, I know this is a long notice, but I was informed yesterday that I will be heading to a class for two weeks at our factory in San Jose from Oct 22 to Nov 2. I will be expected to stay over the weekend. So, I figured it is right in the heat of the trial season and I won't be home to run Kona. I am sure I will find someone to run her if something is available. I thought maybe if some of you were trialing around that time close to San Jose, I might take the weekend to check out how you west coast boys do it different with your terrain. I have no problem traveling south a few hours either over the weekend. Company is paying for the room and board so don't care where it is over the weekend. I can just book a room early. If I can't find anything I may have to take a trip to Vegas. I would prefer seeing some great dogs running birds.

So, If any of you Cali boys and girls could hook me up that would be great.

Joe

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Re: San Jose CA in Oct.

Post by ultracarry » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Let's see what the dates are for the gsp nationals in KS.....

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:31 pm

So, I am in the process of making my travel and hotel arrangements and thought I would revisit this so I can decide and plan where my weekend stay might be. I have heard there is a pheasant championship north of San Jose but thought I would repost and see what else the state of CA had to offer on the 27th and 28th of October in the way of field trials. Also, if there are any members close to San Jose that would like to get together and talk dog, beer and appetizers are on me ( depending on the number of members showing up, then maybe apps and two rounds)

Let me know!!

Joe

WillowyndRanch

Post by WillowyndRanch » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Joe,
That weekend

October 26-28
California Pheasant Championship*
Host: Sacramento BDC
Grounds: Oroville WLA, Oroville, CA
sue.hjerpe@gmail.com

Oroville is a good 4-5 hours from San Jose. I'll be back in CA then and we could probably find you a horse.

There's also an AKC all breed trial put on by the Brittany club at Spanish Ranch, New Cuyama, CA - about 4 1/2 hours from San Jose

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:41 pm

I appreciate that. I am not real concerned about the drive. I have the whole weekend with not a "bleep" thing to do, and I am not sitting in the hotel room the whole weekend. I am sure if I tried I can find things that can get me into trouble so if I stay at the trial the worst I can do is come home with another dog. That is always better than coming home with a girlfriend or another Kid. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Joe

Hondo

Post by Hondo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi Joe,

You could try contacting Linda or her son Scott Acevedo from Nelson Kennels. They train and do a lot of field trialing. They are based out of Los Banos, CA which is around 1 1/2 hrs south of San Jose. They would be able to tell you the dates and locations of many of the field trialing events in the area.
http://www.nelsonkennels.com/
(209) 826-9616

You could also try some bird hunting or sporting clays at Raahauge's Hunting Club. Terry and his wife Donna Raahauge run the place. I go there quite often and it makes for a fun time.
http://www.lincraahauges.com/index.htm
(530) 724-0552

I live in one of the adjacent cities to San Jose.

-Hondo

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks Hondo,
I will check it out.

Joe

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:55 am

jcbuttry8 wrote:I appreciate that. I am not real concerned about the drive. I have the whole weekend with not a "bleep" thing to do, and I am not sitting in the hotel room the whole weekend. I am sure if I tried I can find things that can get me into trouble so if I stay at the trial the worst I can do is come home with another dog. That is always better than coming home with a girlfriend or another Kid. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Joe
You could just sit out in the parking lot listening to Tejano music, drinking beer, and working on your car like your family who lives behind me does every weekend. :lol: :lol: :lol: