Holly and Gertie

DonF
GDF Junkie

Holly and Gertie

Post by DonF » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Gertie is the dog, Holly is the proud Owner. Holly ran Gertie in her first trial ever last spring in Washington. She got a first in puppy. Of course she was the only one entered but, one of the judges told me she would have won derby! So Holly got her feet wet! The next placement was last week in washington but this time an AKC trial. More competition but she came away with a fourth. Much bigger class though. This past weekend she entered Gertie in another AKC derby at Boyce Corrals near madras, Ore. She ran the first brace in derby and coming back in I asked her how she did. She said Gertie ran good but didn't have a bird. Well in AKC derby if something happens are the judges aren't sure what, they can call the dog back. The judges saw a bird fly out of heavy sage brush and Gertie cane out behind her, they called her back! Now holly didn't know it but that was good news. There is no reason to call back a dog like that unless, she was in it in every other way. Well the went out and planted a bird for her and had her tsake Gertie out on it. Little tough to keep Gertie in the area but, she did and, Gertie stuck the living poo out of that bird. There was no way the way she hit that bird she didn't have a big piece of this. First!!!! Holly is turning intio a raving mad woman with her little dog. I got a photo of that point but haven't got it done up yet but I got holley and Gertie. Congratulation Holley, she's gonna be a good one.

But for me the day started even sooner. I have never seen a Gordon that really cranked me. Today I did. After the trial the owner took the dog out and set her on one so we could get a few decent photo's of her. The owner is Janet Grunbok of Bainbridge Island, Wash. What a special dog. I was going to prink out a 13x19 photo when I got home but I did one other dog first and ran out of one tank of ink! So, the other dog.

Last weekend at the wirehair trial at Boyce Corrals, member Joe Proulx finished his Jake, a wirehair. I told Joe I would do a blow up for him to 8x10 and frame it. Well did the 13x19 first and then the 8x10 for Joe. I feel bad, the 13x19 is absolutely stunning, I can count the hairs on Jake's beard!

Saw and got photo's of a bunch of super dog's these past two weekends, I'll post more later in the week.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Re: Holly and Gertie

Post by wems2371 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:54 am

Big congrats to Holly and Gertie! The smile says it all. :D

Awesome pics Don. What camera are you using?

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:39 am

Very nice job Holly. The shorter the dogs puppy Derby career the better!

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:04 am

She's gonna get slowed down by hunting season. Otherwise, I think we got a mad woman on out hands! I have really enjoyed watching her come along. Opps! Forgot, she's entered in an AF trial in Fossil next month.

Wems. It's a Nikon D5000 with a Nikon 55-300 lens. Have really liked the camera and lens.

uplandguide

Post by uplandguide » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 am

Great work Holly and Gertie! it was great to meet you this last weekend. Keep it up!
Mcshane's Bringing on another Chance "Hattie" NA PR 1

Sire : DC Gambles Sam Man MH UT PR1
Dam : Friedelsheim's Greenwood Greta NA PR1

Jesse

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 am

Hey Jesse, that e-mail from your phone didn't get here unless I trashed it by mistake. I'll look in my trash. I really want to see that pup. You should have stuck around. Lady from Wash put down a Gordon that would really knock your eyes out!

EDIT
Just went and looked didn't get it unless it came in spam.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 am

Got the photo of Gertie's call back point. Only had time for one shot and missed the focus, hit the sage in front of her. Also Holly casting her off in the call back.

This was one of those point you'd have to see to believe. She hit that bird and looked like she ran into a brick wall, bang!

uplandguide

Post by uplandguide » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 am

Don, PM me your email again. Ill res-send it. I probally entered it wrong.

Jesse

Jesse

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 am

Congratulations Holly and Gertie. And once again, nice photos Don, thanks for putting these up.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 pm

wems2371 wrote:Big congrats to Holly and Gertie! The smile says it all. :D

Awesome pics Don. What camera are you using?
Smile say's it all, isn't that the truth. Holly is a super lady, absolutely love's her dog and Gertie love's her right back. Holly is a mountain of strength. A wildlife biologist now and before that fought forest fires for the forest service. Her idea of fun is running! Went hunting with her last winter and she took off walking and da*n near killed me and I still couldn't keep up. She was up in Washington for her first ever trial and she was a wreak! Then they gave her the blue ribbon in puppy and there was that smile. She's the same way before each trial. Out on Sauvies Island this spring she got braced with an old friend of mine. He likes to start hollering right from the start and all the way through; he's lucky she didn't kick his butt. Probably if he wasn't so old, she would have. Then two weekends ago she was at an AF trial in Scatter Creek, Wash. I was down here at the wirehair trial so didn't get to see that one. I'm betting she was nervous there too, until they handed out the ribbons that is, she got another! Then this past weekend she came out here to Boyce Corrals. Once again she was nervous before the start. Another old friend, John Sullivan, loaned her a horse so she got to run on horseback. When she came in she looked a little down so I asked how it went. She said Gertie ran good but didn't find a bird. Guess I already told you the rest of that story. And on top of that, she's a great baker!!! If you ever get a chance to meet her, take time to do it. she is a super lady!

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Congrats to Holy and Gertie! Nice pics to all the dogs, that wire looks just like my own, Winchester.
cc

SpinoneIllinois

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Good stuff!

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:41 pm

uplandguide wrote:Great work Holly and Gertie! it was great to meet you this last weekend. Keep it up!

It was nice meeting you too Jesse. I sure did like your little pup too. I might of snuck her a little piece of jerky, hope you don't mind. She was just too cute to not give her a little taste :lol:

Don, You're killin' me. "Mountain of strenght" my aching butt. I was so nervous out there I nearly made a spectacle of myself. I appreciate the vote of confidence and will endeavor not to disappoint. Also, thanks a ton (as always) for the great pictures. It sure is fun watching people shuffle through those photos on the table and find a good one of their dog. That's a real nice thing you do and I know everyone really enjoys it. Thanks again.
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

asc

Post by asc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Nice looking dog ma'am and congratulations.

Don F., I like EP's but that Gorden is one classy looking dog.
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

uplandguide

Post by uplandguide » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 am

Holly, In my eyes she deserved a lot of Jerky! Im sure you have a friend!

Thanks for being so nice!

Jesse

orbirdhunter

Post by orbirdhunter » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:06 am

Congrats to holly and to gertie....I know that holly was was a wreck when the judges asked for a second look at gertie on a bird. But worry not cause gertie handled her business just fine. That setter is one to keep an eye on in coming years, I missed the brace run as I was getting ready for run next but a lot of experienced people that went and rode raved about the race she ran......see you guys soon.
Michael