Wingshooting USA

CowboyBirdDogs

Wingshooting USA

Post by CowboyBirdDogs » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:29 am

I don't know how many of you guys watch this show but usually it's pretty decent and they hunt some cool places. But I wil never understand why they do pen raised hunts on any tv show. They had one called "The Thicker The Better" and it was by far the worst episode they've ever done. Sloppy, sloppy dog work. Pointers that were acting like flushers, it got to the point where the guy that was handling the dogs had to go up and grab them by their collars while they were on point. Birds weren't even good flyers. IMO I'd rather watch them hunt wild birds on public land and only see 3 birds and maybe not even bag one than that. The next episode they did a hunt in Wyoming on huns and chukar. That was a great episode, some of the best dog work they've ever had on there. These birds were running worst than any pheasant or blues. I sure do miss American Gun Dog, that was a great show!

orbirdhunter

Re: Wingshooting USA

Post by orbirdhunter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:23 am

I like wingshooting usa as a show. Of course for upland hunting we really don't have much in the way shows to choose from. I have asked Scott multiple times about why no wild bird hunts(scott linden is a local here). and it basically comes down to a combination of production costs,time etc. How many days in a certain location is it going to take hunting to get some good videography, how much is that going to cost. Are the birds going to cooperate, etc, etc,.

campgsp

Re: Wingshooting USA

Post by campgsp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:43 am

yep i like the one where they were in montana (I think) and they shot 5 diffrent species of birds on a single hunt. I dont get to do that so it was awesome to me.
the pen raised was about promoting the club that they were at, thats why they were there.