What to expect??....follow up.

MI-Man

What to expect??....follow up.

Post by MI-Man » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Took my 6 month old GSP on a trip this past week to northern Michigan. She did really well.
She spent three days, two night with a 10 year old setter my buddy has, having no issues getting along with, two nights in a cabin she was unfamilar with, and covered new woodland she has never seen. She quartered extremely well, working back and forth, naturally staying within 45 yards, came to me when called and checked back often. Used a checkcord and bell as she covered the woods which was great. We did not "hunt" over her, just let her work the grounds on her own. She did not find any birds, although the 10 yr old setter didn't find many either when he had his turn. The birds we did knock down, we did introduce my girl too back at the truck....she seemed to love the smell of the birds. The weekend was a good first step for her! Very proud!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: What to expect??....follow up.

Post by Sharon » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Good for you. Nice to read an encounter of how to introduce a dog to the upland slowly. Enjoy.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett