marshall tracking collars

larue

marshall tracking collars

Post by larue » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:56 am

I have been trying out a Marshall power point tracking collar with my older f@l receiver and I can say I really like the power the collar has.
I have been able to track the girls around my grounds with pinpoint accuracy and was able to find hope standing on point deep in the woods.
For dogs who get into cover or who can get out there,I highly recommend this collar.

rockyridge kennels

Re: marshall tracking collars

Post by rockyridge kennels » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:40 am

Marshall is the best recovery device out there PERIOD.

If you like the collar you will love the reciever...

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Re: marshall tracking collars

Post by DGFavor » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:35 am

I use a Marshall transmitter as well sometimes - I usually use it for field trials where I might be giving the dogs a good head start at getting lost as it does give off a nice, booming signal. Personally I find it harder to pinpoint than the Tracker supralites though so tend to use them for most hunting and training - I seem to be really able to dial in on those vs. the Marshall which seems to "overwhelm" the signal as you get closer no matter how low the gain is dialed down. Not a biggie in open country but it can have ya' spinning circles in the brush. Part of the difference in pinpointing might be I'm using just my H-type Tracker receiver vs using the Marshall 3 element yagi which will for sure give better pinpointing with either collar.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Marshall is the best, certainly on par with others available - they all work dang good in the right hands. Nice units for sure!