Chicoree Hickory Doc

EK Cottontop

Chicoree Hickory Doc

Post by EK Cottontop » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Does anyone know if there are any breeders linebreeding off Chicoree Hickory Doc or if there are dogs on the ground that have him fairly close up? I appreciate your help.

Cottontop

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Re: Chicoree Hickory Doc

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:59 am

I had a solid liver grandson of Doc, great natural bird dog point, back, retrieve. Could not keep him broke for crap, but one of the best natural bird dogs I've ever had.
Sire was Doc and a pipeline bitch

Dam was DC Desert Dutch and a Greif bitch.
He would have been 15 this year.

How close you looking for?

Not sure of anyone off hand Linebreeding on Doc. The most I have seen with much Doc in it at all has a good mix of Hustler in it. Look for Doc's daughter Brauna and the Hustler breedings would be a good start.
May look at Jacob v Westwind or Ziel von Feinschmecker.....

EK Cottontop

Post by EK Cottontop » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:55 am

I was hoping to find something within three generations. The Pipeline stuff interested me, because some of those dogs had Doc on the top side and his sister on the bottom side. I was trying to distance myself from the Hustler stuff.

I appreciate your help. By the way, I have family in central Illa-noise around the Springfield-Jascksonville area. That's where my dad is from. That is some beautiful country!

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Oh Boy I doubt your going to find anything within 3 gens of Doc unless you go frozen, and I really doubt your going to find anything remotely linebred on Doc, or at least what I would consider linebred anyways......

Is it just a curiosity or are you wanting to gain something from Doc if I might ask?

Was a Razorhaven breeding a few years back that was doubled up on Doc but not anything I would consider linebred, actually it was a doublebred Ziel litter if I remember correctly. Ziel son to a Ziel grandaughter maybe?

Im an hour north of Springfield
Last edited by lvrgsp on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EK Cottontop

Post by EK Cottontop » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:32 pm

I had a Doc granddaughter that was a great dog. Her mother was out of a Doc-Wildburg breeding. I have heard a great deal of positive comments about her mother and her siblings. I like what I have, but I feel like Doc would add to it without starting over.

Thanks again for your help.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:41 pm

lvrgsp wrote:Oh Boy I doubt your going to find anything within 3 gens of Doc unless you go frozen, and I really doubt your going to find anything remotely linebred on Doc, or at least what I would consider linebred anyways......

Is it just a curiosity or are you wanting to gain something from Doc if I might ask?

Was a Razohaven breeding a few years back that was doubled up on Doc but not anything I would consider linebred, actually it was a doublebred Ziel litter if I remember correctly. Ziel son to a Ziel grandaughter maybe?

Im an hour north of Springfield
LVR wonder if my buddy's dog would work, the one I sent you the pedigree on a while back, lots of Ziel and Ammertal. No Hustler at all.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:08 pm

EK Cottontop wrote:I had a Doc granddaughter that was a great dog. Her mother was out of a Doc-Wildburg breeding. I have heard a great deal of positive comments about her mother and her siblings. I like what I have, but I feel like Doc would add to it without starting over.

Thanks again for your help.
Yea You know Doc was a Essers Chick x Kay vd Wildburg bred dog, he had it from both sides, so if your looking for the Essers Chick x Kay stuff than I would say Tom Wynn's Bear dog would work well for you if it was what you were looking to get back into...

Yea Andy I don't remember Bear's ped right off the top of my head but I believe he was basically a Ziel x Heavy Lancer D bitch top side and Lancer D x Wildburg bred on the bottom side....

I thought you bred to Bear at some point Cottontop? Maybe your Jake female?

EK Cottontop

Post by EK Cottontop » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:21 pm

I have spoke to Tom and I hope to breed her (Val) to Bear the next time she comes in heat. Tom is a great guy and he has done a great job with Bear. I have been meaning to post pictures of her and Bear with a litter pedigree to see if there is any interest.

I would like to find a heavier Doc dog to breed back to the offspring of that litter. I want to keep my Ammertal/Wildburg stuff pretty close, but not too close. I also have a heavy Greif/Lancer's Answer male I will use in the future.

I appreciate your help.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Oh okay I see......Wish I could be of more help with the Doc stuff. I tell yea IMO my experience with the heavy Esser's Chick x Wildburg blood was it could be pretty hard headed, and tough stuff.
And Doc being of that bloodline my experience with Doc dogs was no different tough hard headed dogs....good birddogs but hard headed and hard to keep broke, had to rebreak em all the time...