Where will field trials/ hunting be

Allin13

Where will field trials/ hunting be

Post by Allin13 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Here in Illinois farmers are farming up to the roads, taking trees out, heck they are starting to grow rice in the bottom of creeks just to get a dollar. I spoke with someone from South Dakota the other day, he told me last year with the dry weather they lost half the grass to cow pastures from lack of feed and high price grains. This year they will lose around 250,000 acres from the walk in areas. On top of all that the oil and natural gas lines that are being put in are going to suck up more land, its only time. So where we will be in 10 or 15 years?

Neil
GDF Junkie

Re: Where will field trials/ hunting be

Post by Neil » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:56 am

In 10 to 15 years, little change, less land, but fewer hunters.

But in 50 years or so, it will be mostly as it is in the Southeast and Texas, it will be pay to hunt. As the non-resident fees go up for the the West and North Central.
If you can afford it they srill have good hunting in Great Britain and Europe.

No real change in field trials, some less public land, but more private, but those guys have money.

Vision

Post by Vision » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:32 am

The commodity bubble will burst one day and then farmers will be interested in habitat for birds so they can get income from hunters too. This commodity bubble is no different than the real estate bubble it is stoked by artificial subsidies (ethanol) and devalued currencies, we saw what happened to the real estate bubble. Just wait.

Tyler S

Post by Tyler S » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 am

Vision wrote:The commodity bubble will burst one day and then farmers will be interested in habitat for birds so they can get income from hunters too. This commodity bubble is no different than the real estate bubble it is stoked by artificial subsidies (ethanol) and devalued currencies, we saw what happened to the real estate bubble. Just wait.
X1 Supply and demand also, ie. when peanut prices go up everybody increases the acreage, floods the market then prices crash

JKP

Post by JKP » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:30 am

The commodity bubble will burst one day and then farmers will be interested in habitat for birds so they can get income from hunters too. This commodity bubble is no different than the real estate bubble it is stoked by artificial subsidies (ethanol) and devalued currencies, we saw what happened to the real estate bubble. Just wait.
BINGO!!! Right now all around the world more land is being planted to reap the high grain prices. Oversupply will be the next stop...then the snap back of leverage in the agricultural sector. Give it time.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 pm

So you don't think the tremendous increase in worldwide population, the high fuel costs, expensive equipment, and high land prices, high taxes, and the reduction of available tillable acres have anything to do with the price of commodities. I think a lot of us have been mislead.

Ezzy

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:41 pm

JKP wrote:
BINGO!!! Right now all around the world more land is being planted to reap the high grain prices. Oversupply will be the next stop...then the snap back of leverage in the agricultural sector. Give it time.
Good Luck with that. Cj

Allin13

Post by Allin13 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:09 pm

I dont think that will be the case. Farm land is gold. Even with a poor crop they get more money with corn being 13 to 14 bucks a bushel i dont see habitat making a come back once its gone.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Allin13 wrote:I dont think that will be the case. Farm land is gold. Even with a poor crop they get more money with corn being 13 to 14 bucks a bushel i dont see habitat making a come back once its gone.
Allen, you are right, we will have to pay more to hunt than it is worth in crops, thankfully, often marginal crop land makes good wildlife habitat.

Allin13

Post by Allin13 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:40 pm

I recall my dad saying " when I was a kid all we had to do is ask the farmer and they would say bring me one back" where did those days go??

Vision

Post by Vision » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:03 pm

ezzy333 wrote:So you don't think the tremendous increase in worldwide population, the high fuel costs, expensive equipment, and high land prices, high taxes, and the reduction of available tillable acres have anything to do with the price of commodities. I think a lot of us have been mislead.

Ezzy

Wallstreet is playing the derivative game with commodities just like the played with mortgage back securities. It won't last.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:53 pm

We kept hearing how bad it was going to be when the derivitive market was investigated and it just never happened. What did happen is the the Dodd/Frank bill that forced the banks to give people loans for houses that everyone knew they couldn't pay back and then the economy went south and those houses were worth less that the loans. Or you can believe it was "Bush's Fault", which ever you choose, but if you research it I am sure you will find what really happened.

Ezzy

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:56 am

Ezzy,

You are the first person I have read that knows what really happened, not even Fox as reported properly. The Community Reinvest Act forced, as you say, the banks to make loans to people that should have remained rentors as part of sharing the wealth and realizing the American dream. As the lower priced properties increased in value (more demand, same supply), it pushed up all house prices.

There was very little fraud, and all at the origination level and nothing to do with derivatives. I know as I was at the FDIC at the time.

And Frank has never admitted his great role in the mess.

But to the OP, the government, through ethinol and the farm bill has pushed up commodity prices, it is easy to blame Wall Street, but the problem is the government. And our thinking we are entitled to hunt public land for free. Just as with housing.

Vision

Post by Vision » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:27 am

Neil wrote:Ezzy,

You are the first person I have read that knows what really happened, not even Fox as reported properly. The Community Reinvest Act forced, as you say, the banks to make loans to people that should have remained rentors as part of sharing the wealth and realizing the American dream. As the lower priced properties increased in value (more demand, same supply), it pushed up all house prices.

There was very little fraud, and all at the origination level and nothing to do with derivatives. I know as I was at the FDIC at the time.

But to the OP, the government, through ethinol and the farm bill has pushed up commodity prices, it is easy to blame Wall Street, but the problem is the government. And our thinking we are entitled to hunt public land for free. Just as with housing.

Wall Street is the Government

Tyler S

Post by Tyler S » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:15 am

Isnt the EU suppose to stop ethanol subsidies next year? Do you think the U.S. Will follow? Ethanol seems to be under attack worldwide and many groups are blaming it on world hunger. Will be interesting to see what happens.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 am

Vision wrote:
Neil wrote:Ezzy,

Wall Street is the Government
No, we are the government. Wall Street is the address of where the stocks are traded.
Ezzy

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:27 pm

For those that can afford it there will always be land to hunt and run dogs!
Somewhere can be anywhere, live for today our Father will look out for our future.