Female urine and grass

jwnissen

Female urine and grass

Post by jwnissen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:21 am

I know there are a few products out there to give your female so that the urine doesn't destroy your grass. So I figured I would reach out to all of you experienced dog owners out there. What product do you give to your dogs and where do you get it? Thanks

John

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: Female urine and grass

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 am

Water. Out of the hose.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:09 pm

I have never used anything. A year ago when we were lacking rain I saw a couple of brown spots but the first shower took care of that.

Ezzy

Meller

Post by Meller » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Just add water!

jwnissen

Post by jwnissen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Even with my sprinklers watering once a day, there are still a lot of dead spots in the yard. I don't have a really big yard, so it is all concentrated in one area. I have heard there are supplements to give dogs to neutralize their urine and not kill the grass. Just looking to give the yard every advantage I can.

UpNorthHuntin

Post by UpNorthHuntin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:20 pm

jwnissen wrote:I know there are a few products out there to give your female so that the urine doesn't destroy your grass. So I figured I would reach out to all of you experienced dog owners out there. What product do you give to your dogs and where do you get it? Thanks

John
Foster and Smith make Dog Treats called LAWN GUARD that contain Yucca schidigera that binds the notrogen in pet waste and is supposed to keep it from destroying lawns. Don't know how effective they are, but they are supposed to be healthy and safe and they aren't very expensive. I've never used them though, so not sure how well they work?

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:13 pm

UpNorthHuntin wrote:
jwnissen wrote:I know there are a few products out there to give your female so that the urine doesn't destroy your grass. So I figured I would reach out to all of you experienced dog owners out there. What product do you give to your dogs and where do you get it? Thanks

John
Foster and Smith make Dog Treats called LAWN GUARD that contain Yucca schidigera that binds the notrogen in pet waste and is supposed to keep it from destroying lawns. Don't know how effective they are, but they are supposed to be healthy and safe and they aren't very expensive. I've never used them though, so not sure how well they work?
We sell a similar product and it works okay, but right on the bottle it says to optimize the effect you sould water down the areas the dog uses. Cheaper to buy yucca in capsule form than in the supplements and give two a day. Adding apple cider vinegar or cranberry juice to the dog's drinking water are other home remedies.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:19 pm

My ex-wife drank beer. Worked pretty well! :mrgreen:

UpNorthHuntin

Post by UpNorthHuntin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:41 pm

DonF wrote:My ex-wife drank beer. Worked pretty well! :mrgreen:
Now I don't care who you are..... That S#$t's Funny:)

Deuce

Female urine and grass

Post by Deuce » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:06 pm

I kept a gallon of water by the door, when I took the dogs out I would water down right where they went. When I started doing that it really helped eliminate the spots.