clubs

jeffkrop

clubs

Post by jeffkrop » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:07 am

I had the chance to meet my first forum member in person last night, Labguy stopped by to checkout the pigeons good times.
He was telling me about his retriever club, said it was fun and helpful.

What can you tell me about MNNavhda, Brittany clubs, things like this? I have a brittany 6 months old.
Im in the twin citys MN Looking to meet some people show my 8 year old son fun with dogs and compete.

deseeker

Re: clubs

Post by deseeker » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:40 am

If you google American Brittany club and then click on regional clubs, it will bring up all brit clubs in the US. I know there are at least 2 in MN. Minn Britt Club is one and the other is St. Croix Valley Brit Club. I'm pretty sure both have web sites. You should be able to come up with a contact person off the Am Britt Club web site

jeffkrop

Post by jeffkrop » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:29 am

deseeker wrote:If you google American Brittany club and then click on regional clubs, it will bring up all brit clubs in the US. I know there are at least 2 in MN. Minn Britt Club is one and the other is St. Croix Valley Brit Club. I'm pretty sure both have web sites. You should be able to come up with a contact person off the Am Britt Club web site
Ive talked with people from bath. What is NAVHDA should I join that club and the britt club?

High Voltage

Post by High Voltage » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:45 am

We have belonged to NAHVDA for over 10 years and love it! I have met many members from MN chapters. Great place to meet good people that help you train your dog. Check out the NAVHDA site http://navhda.com/ and find the chapter closest to you, give them a call and go check out a training day. There is nothing wrong with joining both clubs!

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:58 pm

I went to a training weekend late last fall just to check out the mnnavha there is alot of great people in that club with alot of nice dogs they were very helpful i ran my britt in a NA test last fall you may be close enough to go to some of there weekly training days, check out there web site i think there is some stuff coming up soon, i know if i could make it to there weekly training i would there!

jeffkrop

Post by jeffkrop » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:02 pm

ibbowhunting wrote:I went to a training weekend late last fall just to check out the mnnavha there is alot of great people in that club with alot of nice dogs they were very helpful i ran my britt in a NA test last fall you may be close enough to go to some of there weekly training days, check out there web site i think there is some stuff coming up soon, i know if i could make it to there weekly training i would there!
Ive been looking into it I am not far maybe 45 min. I think I am going to join both MN brittany club and NAVHDA. Just need to look into everything tomorrow.

dan v

Post by dan v » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:57 pm

jeffkrop wrote:I had the chance to meet my first forum member in person last night, Labguy stopped by to checkout the pigeons good times.
He was telling me about his retriever club, said it was fun and helpful.

What can you tell me about MNNavhda, Brittany clubs, things like this? I have a brittany 6 months old.
Im in the twin citys MN Looking to meet some people show my 8 year old son fun with dogs and compete.
The St. Croix Valley Brittany Club is very active in the Mpls area.

onuhunter02

Post by onuhunter02 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:15 pm

I recently joined the NAVHDA club in Central Indiana and have been in contact with a board member. I have been involved in about every type of hunting possible but I will say I doubt it matters what club you join because it seems like bird hunters as a whole seem friendlier and more willing to help out than other type of hunters. It seems to me dog handlers want to help each other out more where as Deer, coon, rabbit and so on are a lot more secretive and less willing to offer help but more willing to talk about them self. I myself recently bought a gsp for a pointing dog and outside of a retrieving duck dog this is my first experience with this type of dog and I have nothing but good things to say about the help out there. I in no way want someone to train my dog because I bought it so I could train it but the advice and guidance is priceless. Now don't get me wrong I have hunted behind my buddies dogs long enough that I know when you get some of those same helpful guys in the field on public land they turn just as competitive as the next and may not be so helpful.