Dog going soft?

isonychia

Dog going soft?

Post by isonychia » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:42 pm

My hard "bleep" brittany seems to be going a little soft on me lately (3 years old), not so much around birds but just in general. He has learned that I am a hard sleeper and I wake up with him in bed often. Going to put him back in the crate at night but looking for other options as well... chain gang isn't really one of them, as I only have one dog. Ideas???

RichK

Re: Dog going soft?

Post by RichK » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:52 pm

isonychia wrote:My hard "bleep" brittany seems to be going a little soft on me lately (3 years old), not so much around birds but just in general. He has learned that I am a hard sleeper and I wake up with him in bed often. Going to put him back in the crate at night but looking for other options as well... chain gang isn't really one of them, as I only have one dog. Ideas???
My GSP likes the bed better than the floor or crate. I usually wake up with him under the covers pressed against my back.

The crate or putting him in another room or area of the house sounds like the only option.

isonychia

Post by isonychia » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:19 pm

Case in point
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RichK

Post by RichK » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:22 pm

I can't count how many times I've knocked the TV remote off the bed at night and the dog has earned his keep by retrieving it for me. That alone is worth having him there for me.

isonychia

Post by isonychia » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:29 pm

RichK wrote:I can't count how many times I've knocked the TV remote off the bed at night and the dog has earned his keep by retrieving it for me. That alone is worth having him there for me.
I've dropped the keys with my hands full of groceries... thank god for FF. Who wants to make two trips

Max2

Post by Max2 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 am

Switch beds. You take his bed and he can have yours ! :D He's not gett'n soft he has learned the bed is a good place. Look how far he has come with hunting since he was a pup. These guy's are smart little buggers ! :D

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:40 am

If he still hunts hard for you, what's the problem?

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:51 am

In the winter if I fall asleep on the futon in the family room I usually wake up wedged between my 60 lb GWP/Lab Puck, my 15 lb red tabby tomcat Rufus and another smaller cat we own. None of us are cold.

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:16 am

If this is your worst problem, it will be a successful life..for both of you. :D

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:05 am

I don't see the problem either. Squirt and Bodie have slept with me since the day I brought them home, they are 6 now. Stormy been sleeping with me from day one too. I like a nap about noon most days and they all go take a nap with me. If the wife doesn't like it, give her a blanket and send her to the couch! :D

Lucky for the poster he asked this in the right place. No telling the trauma to the dog having to sleep on the floor! :cry:

isonychia

Post by isonychia » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:12 am

Ok well I guess I don't have to feel guilty about it anymore. My dog pretty much cured me of the flu by sleeping next to me the whole time I was bed ridden this past week anyways... I guess I owe him

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:07 pm

isonychia wrote:My hard "bleep" brittany seems to be going a little soft on me lately (3 years old), not so much around birds but just in general. He has learned that I am a hard sleeper and I wake up with him in bed often. Going to put him back in the crate at night but looking for other options as well... chain gang isn't really one of them, as I only have one dog. Ideas???
LOL If I didn't crate mine at night, all 3 would be in the bed too.:)

Fun dog

Post by Fun dog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Shut the door.

jbwardfamily

Post by jbwardfamily » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:41 pm

This is how mine sleeps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.