AKC DNA to FDSB

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

AKC DNA to FDSB

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:20 am

I have my AKC DNA profile back. I've put a link to a picture of it below in case anyone is interested in what one looks like.

My question is, How do I now get this to the FDSB?

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/G ... -dna-1.jpg

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:24 am

I would think the Profile no would be all you need.
brenda

pear

Post by pear » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:26 am

Greg your link is incomplete need to add "pg" to the end to make the ".jpg" .........."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:49 am

pear wrote:Greg your link is incomplete need to add "pg" to the end to make the ".jpg" .........."pear"
You got to it quick! I had immediately tested it and corrected it.

Best,

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:51 am

vzkennels wrote:Greg go to the American Field web page & the instructions are there.Let me see what I can remember.Make a copy of your AKC Reg,Copy of the DNA papers in color preferably,$20 fee plus $15 because the dog is AKC reg.Send all this to AF wait several mos. to recieve FDSB DNA cert.takes longer then AKC.
The dog is already registered with the FDSB in addition to the AKC. Does that make a difference (beyond the obvious additional $15 that I'll check into)?

Best,

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:06 am

Thank you, Ted. I appreciate it.

Best,

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:38 am

I would just call them and ask. Ted's description sounds like what I did, but not too sure about the $$ amount. (312) 663-9797

Also, I see they offer a gene match pedigree now. I wonder what that looks like, and if there are enough GSP's in their database to make it worth the money? http://www.americanfield.com/Pages/DNAForm.pdf

If you call them you might ask what it is and let us know.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:13 am

I had to get it done at one point, in order to get a win recorded to a dog's pedigree. I spoke to a woman at the FDSB who was very helpful. I do think the fee was $35, but it has been awhile, don't really remember. They just take the AKC Cert and put it in their database, I believe both organizations use MMI.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:16 am

Rick and I don't recal getting a certificate like that. Do you pay extra or something? We have several dogs DNA'ed.
brenda

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:46 am

I have gotten a certificate back from the AKC or the FDSB that looks like Greg's, every time Brenda. I don't understand them :D but I get them. I agree, you should check with AKC. If you have DNA numbers on dogs, there should be corresponding certificates. I got my first one back in I think 2004, the first year it was required for the GSPCA Nationals, so they have been doing them from scratch. The cert. has your dog's DNA profile number on it.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:49 pm

In the early days of the DNA program (which was just a couple of years ago), when everyone was scrambling around to get a DNA number in time to put in entries for the GSPCA NFT and NSS, you could get a DNA number over the phone or just by letter, subject to later completion of the DNA tests and issuance of the certificate. You then had a DNA number to put on the entry form, and this was allowed. I don't know if they still do it, have not had occasion to find out. Maybe this is what happened with Brenda's, in any event, she should follow up and get the certs. just to have them as proof of DNA testing.