Irishwhistler
Number of dogs you own:: 1
Breed(s) of dog(s): I have owned and hunted with Labradors most of my life, had several beagles when younger.
Do you hunt?: Yes
If you hunt, what game?: Waterfowl. Pheasant, Woodcock, Grouse, Quail, Doves, Turkeys,Cottontails, HareI also deer hunt.
Do you compete with your dog?: Yes
REQUIRED: Why do you want to join Gun Dog Forum?: This field is required. We don't need an essay, we're just trying to avoid folks who don't love hunting and gun dogs. -- admin. Lifelong waterfowl and upland gamebirds, small game mammals. I love working with Retrievers and was involved with hunt tests and gundog club. Just lost my Lab comoanion gundog to a sudden and unexpected death.

UPLAND DAZE - A photograph.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:00 am

DSC02047 2 UPLAND DAZE_Fotor-1Resized.jpg
DSC02047 2 UPLAND DAZE_Fotor-1Resized.jpg (113.87 KiB) Viewed 1019 times
Seemingly me gunning Mate Scott is transfixed as he takes in the beauty o' a day in the uplands, that being so very much an integral element o' the total hunting experience. Surely all o' us that have spent time in pursuit o' game birds o'er fine gun dogs whilst toting our favorite smoothbore have fallen victim to a case o' Upland Daze.

Faugh A Ballagh,
Mike

DonF
GDF Junkie
Number of dogs you own:: 2
Breed(s) of dog(s): English setters

Have also had Shorthairs and Pointers.
Do you hunt?: No
If you hunt, what game?: ...Physical problems keep me out of hard to access areas anymore. Used to hunt everything I could in Ore
Do you compete with your dog?: No
REQUIRED: Why do you want to join Gun Dog Forum?: This field is required. We don't need an essay, we're just trying to avoid folks who don't love hunting and gun dogs. -- admin

Re: UPLAND DAZE - A photograph.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:39 am

Nice photo!

Irishwhistler
Breed(s) of dog(s): I have owned and hunted with Labradors most of my life, had several beagles when younger.
If you hunt, what game?: Waterfowl. Pheasant, Woodcock, Grouse, Quail, Doves, Turkeys,Cottontails, HareI also deer hunt.
REQUIRED: Why do you want to join Gun Dog Forum?: This field is required. We don't need an essay, we're just trying to avoid folks who don't love hunting and gun dogs. -- admin. Lifelong waterfowl and upland gamebirds, small game mammals. I love working with Retrievers and was involved with hunt tests and gundog club. Just lost my Lab comoanion gundog to a sudden and unexpected death.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Thank ye Don.

MNTonester
Breed(s) of dog(s): black lab
If you hunt, what game?: ...grouse, pheasant, woodcock, rabbits
Do you compete with your dog?: No
REQUIRED: Why do you want to join Gun Dog Forum?: Got steered this way. I visit two other forums and enjoy them very much. I like learning about hunting dogs and hearing of the adventures of them and their owners. Also enjoy the advice to be gotten

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Mike, I know it well. nice photo

Irishwhistler

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:35 am

MNTonester wrote:Mike, I know it well. nice photo
Thank ye Tony, I am sure ye do. :D

Cheers,
Mike

Return to “General Chat”