Congrats to Wagonmaster and Spot- NGSPA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Razor

Congrats to Wagonmaster and Spot- NGSPA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Post by Razor » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:07 pm

I just heard that John and Spot won the NGSPA National Championship. Congratulations to both of them.
Last edited by Razor on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mary

Post by Mary » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:10 pm

I just heard the same thing. Way to go Spot I knew you were on a roll.
Mary

Breton13

Post by Breton13 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:26 pm

Wow, John! Great Job to you and Spot!
Fay P.
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
Penny's Pedigree
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=270

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:44 am

Congrats!!!!!

Mav......

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:47 am

Congrat's from you here. From the little I know of you, you're really a person deserving of it.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:57 am

Great work. Congrats.

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:02 am

Congrats John & Spot :D

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:11 am

Thanks all.

Razor, our Nationals are not three hours like Ames, they are one hour, but the NGSPA has a character alot like Ames. We run All Ages on the prairies and the western plains states all fall, where you can see five miles. Then we go to Booneville which is a tangled thicket with intersecting tree lines that dogs can't punch through because of a barbed-wire like vine at ground level.

We, the judges, handlers, and gallery, actually rode past the dog buried in the brush and standing on point not forty yards from where we had ridden. He was found by the dog wagon. They reported that the birds walked away from him down a brush line during the ten minutes when they were trying to get our attention, so the dog self-relocated, ran around the brush line, and stuck the birds from the front to pin them, which is where judges, handler, and gallery found him when we got there.

It is tough grounds, we were happy to get him around.

gonehuntin, I don't know that I deserve any of it. I bred the dog, I own him, but much credit goes to Eldon Hongo and Greg Dixon, two of the best and most patient trainers I know, and the dog is the product of many very good breeders before me, and of very good judges and competitors who push each other constantly to be better. I am lucky and privileged to have a product of that.

All I know, is that the dog smiles at me and steals my hat. And I shoot birds over him in the fall.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:38 am

Congrats John! Here's to another autumn to shoot birds over Spot the way he likes.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:14 am

Thank you Steven, yes, hunting with the dog and my brothers in the fall, that is the best as far as I am concerned.

The only competition there is who gets to the Meyers Dark Rum first at the end of the day. Oh, and "Did you fill out, we filled out by noon, oh, you didn't, do you need us to come over and help you fill your limit?" And the other kinds of competition you get in a band of brothers.

NDBDHunter

Post by NDBDHunter » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:12 pm

Congrats!

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:29 pm

Nice job, Spot!
Oh, and John, nice of you to give him a ride to the event :lol:

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:52 pm

Heck, I didn't even do that. I flew in. Eldon gave him the ride there, him and about 20 other dogs.

Razor

Post by Razor » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:11 pm

John- are you going to Region 9??? I will be there. I knew what the course was like. Doug told me, and my friend Marty judged there in 2005. Congratulations again on a huge win. What are you going to do for this one?? Where are all of your pictures??

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:29 pm

R9 is a remote maybe. I would like to go, but have to go to the GPC to pick up a horse, and then may be out of time to play for the spring. Will have to see. Gotta save a little time for the GSPCA next fall, and least, but far from least, the bird season.

Wouldn't you know it, my dang camera was acting up, the autofocus would not take a focus and hold still. I did not take it with me during Spot's brace anyway, too much riding to do. And I had to bug out a couple of hours after the Championship was over to catch a plane so have to wait now until the whole trial is over, a friend got some pictures of the awards but is there at the trial for awhile yet.

sharptailhunter

Post by sharptailhunter » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:50 am

Way to go John, that's great! Hats off to all who helped you too. I haven't met Eldon, hope to. I did get to meet Greg when I was in NE. He is a stellar guy. I enjoyed watching every one of his dogs.

Wagonmaster wrote:All I know, is that the dog smiles at me and steals my hat. And I shoot birds over him in the fall.
That's the way it should be :)

We'd love to see ya at the Reg. 9 in April.