Pedigree Help

ckirsch

Pedigree Help

Post by ckirsch » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:55 pm

I have an unusual request for help from pointer enthusiasts or breeders. One of my daughters is doing a school science project involving the pedigree of one of our pointers. She needs to go back seven generations, which has turned out to be a bit of a challenge. We've been able to collect almost all of the names, but have come across a few that are dead ends. Most of these dogs would be from back in the 80's or 90's. Thought I'd see if anyone out there happens to have the info, or can point me in a direction to find it.

Need the sire / dam of the following dogs;

Ch Miss Ten
Smith's Copen Saw
Smith's Candy Bar
White Tower
Shalimar's Sally
Elhew Hanky

Also need sire / dam and grand sires /dams for Rebel's Georgia Gal. She shows up on the pedigrees for quite a few well-known dogs, including Strut, but no information seems to be available on her heritage.

Thanks a bunch for any help you can throw my way!

Craig Kirsch
Rapid City

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Pedigree Help

Post by shags » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:23 am

Maybe if you called American Field, they could help you out?

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:06 am

Thanks, Shags. I emailed them a week ago but never received a response. We may have to get by with a few slots on the chart left open. It's been interesting to trace back the dog's heritage that far. There are around 260 dogs on the chart. 170 of them were field trial champions, and of those, over eighty were Hall Of Fame dogs. Some pretty notable dogs (Guard Rail, Snakefoot, Strike, Smart, Hooks Bounty Hunter, Fiddler, Miller's Chief, Nel's Ramblin On, etc) show up 10-12 times.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that some pointer historian out there will have an answer or two for us....

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:20 am

I've heard that folks have had better luck in calling AF and speaking to someone than in emailing or writing. Don't know if it's true, but also heard that they are kinda low tech over there.
I hope your kid gets those blanks filled in, interesting project for sure

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:41 pm

FDSB emailed me today with all the info I needed. Very helpful people. Grateful for their help. It was nice to learn that three of the missing dogs were CH's.

Science project completed!

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:42 pm

I should have said American Field rather than FDSB....