Pigeon Coop

hoosier

Pigeon Coop

Post by hoosier » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:58 pm

I broke down and built one this weekend. Still need to add the bobs

IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s315 ... oad100.jpg[/IMG]

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:12 pm

Nice, that is pretty much the same as mine. Now that I have 15 birds in there it is too tight. I want something bigger. I am going to build another soon. One for my fliers and one for breeders.

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:13 pm

Oh and it's March. You can take the wreath down. :lol:

Stump

Post by Stump » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:48 pm

12 Volt Man wrote:Oh and it's March. You can take the wreath down. :lol:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:49 pm

How do you get the pigeons out when you want to use them? You will need a door to kepp them from going out in the pen while you are catching.

I built one last year that is 8X16. I have two pens that are 4X8 across each end and two 4X4 pens for my young birds. There is a window for each pen that I use for entry. I made my bobs out of 1/2 inch PVC glued on to a T connection and a rod run through it so each bob swings independently. I can move them from one window to another easily. The birds do need plenty of ventilation so I have ridge vents and 4 vents at floor level. I put linoluem on the floor and scrape the pens out every day with a hoe. It only takes about 5 minutes do clean them.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Stump

Post by Stump » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:32 pm

Pretty nice, Im going to copy that design.

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:43 pm

What are the measurements on it? Looks good. I plan on building one this week similar to it.

sandhill

Post by sandhill » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:53 am

Nice coop for a starter, I wouldn't put more then 4 or 5 birds in there, Unless you plan on using them up quick, If ya do your gonna have more problems then you want with sick birds. Pigeons need about 2 square feet each and that is on the tight side. Might want to ad some sort of landing board to when you get your bobs set. A cheap bob can be made out of heavy hanger wire just cut your straight piece and then bend your bob ends around it also you can use wire connectors to give you your spacing
Just a cheap redneck version that will work.
Ther I go calling myself names again

Steve

tip

Coop

Post by tip » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:03 am

Nice Coop. I just finished mine a couple of days ago. I'll try to post pics later.

OhioOnPoint

Post by OhioOnPoint » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:56 am

Here are some plans for a similar design --

http://www.uplandbirddog.com/training/loft.html

I have one of these also but I now building the red rose design that OhioGSP has posted pics of.

hoosier

Post by hoosier » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:21 pm

If you like the wreath in the picture you would really like the christmas lights on the front of the house. LOL

I plan on keeping 5 or 6 birds in this house. I have 3 different properties I train on. All on different sides of town so keeping birds in one place is not a option. Now I just need to build 2 more houses. I think I will make the others a bit bigger. I would like to have 8-10 birds at each location. If any one is interested in the plans I can email or fax them. I broke down and spent the $6 at Lion Country.

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:42 pm

hoosier wrote:If you like the wreath in the picture you would really like the christmas lights on the front of the house. LOL

I plan on keeping 5 or 6 birds in this house. I have 3 different properties I train on. All on different sides of town so keeping birds in one place is not a option. Now I just need to build 2 more houses. I think I will make the others a bit bigger. I would like to have 8-10 birds at each location. If any one is interested in the plans I can email or fax them. I broke down and spent the $6 at Lion Country.
I'm interested...I'll send you a pm with my info