Windrows Saddle Tramp

Gundogs/Nebraska

Windrows Saddle Tramp

Post by Gundogs/Nebraska » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:09 pm

Is there any Sire dogs out there that are heavily Windrows Saddle Tramp bred???

What is your opinion on this bloodline??

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:52 pm

http://www.cadenskennels.com

and this one

(218) 825-4937, ask for Tim.
Dam is straight out of Windrows Saddle Tramp, an AKC Master Hunter and NAVHDA Utility II dog and a littermate to a national field champion. Saddle Tramp is the top producer of AKC Master Hunters (23) and NAVHDA Utility prize 1 dogs (21) in GSP's--he also produced many field trial champions and some NSTRA champions. Her dam was an AKC Master Hunter out of very successfull show and dual lines.

I will PM another[/quote]
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:56 pm

where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:57 pm

A buddy of mine has a Saddletramp son.

Gundogs/Nebraska

Post by Gundogs/Nebraska » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:27 pm

markj wrote:http://www.cadenskennels.com

and this one

(218) 825-4937, ask for Tim.
Dam is straight out of Windrows Saddle Tramp, an AKC Master Hunter and NAVHDA Utility II dog and a littermate to a national field champion. Saddle Tramp is the top producer of AKC Master Hunters (23) and NAVHDA Utility prize 1 dogs (21) in GSP's--he also produced many field trial champions and some NSTRA champions. Her dam was an AKC Master Hunter out of very successfull show and dual lines.

I will PM another
[/quote]

Thanks Mark,

I seen that Saddle Tramp was a great producer. I was just wondering what all Saddle Tramp bloodlines were still out there. :)

The pups are doing great.. :D

Gundogs/Nebraska

Post by Gundogs/Nebraska » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:29 pm

original mngsp wrote:A buddy of mine has a Saddletramp son.
What does he think of him?? Temperament, disposition/conformation, style and so on??

Has he sired any pups?? (your buddy's dog, not your buddy!!) :lol: If so, how did they turn out??

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:53 pm

Cadens Ruger Weltmeister.

http://www.cadenskennels.com/Content.as ... eltmeister

Enough said.

Greg J.

Gundogs/Nebraska

Post by Gundogs/Nebraska » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:58 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:Cadens Ruger Weltmeister.

http://www.cadenskennels.com/Content.as ... eltmeister

Enough said.

Greg J.
Thanks Greg

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:04 pm

I'm partial to this one.....

http://www.cadenskennels.com/Content.as ... 20N's%20CJ

I have two females (half sister) from him. The oldest is a MH and a UTI, the younger one is a placement short of her SH and will UT test this fall.

Coveyrise64

Gundogs/Nebraska

Post by Gundogs/Nebraska » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Coveyrise64 wrote:I'm partial to this one.....

http://www.cadenskennels.com/Content.as ... 20N's%20CJ

I have two females (half sister) from him. The oldest is a MH and a UTI, the younger one is a placement short of her SH and will UT test this fall.

Coveyrise64
Very nice pedigree.. With that pedigree, you should be able to do anything :)

Thanks for your comment

larue

Post by larue » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:06 pm

my old brown dog max is a cecil son,he has been a neat dog with his fc,mh,4 prize 1 ut scores he has done it all.
His daughter gracie is a double cecil,and is a very hard pointing little bitch.
Regrettfully we had to cut cancer out of her bowels,and her long term expections are not great.
Max at 11 can still run.
Interestinly,cecil bred to jim riesers bitch's were very succesfull in both navhda and akc.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:29 pm

I have a Cecil ( Windrows Saddletramp ) son, I like him alot, as a matter of fact I have a young female pup that goes back to him as well a g-daughter. I have yet to breed my male as he is just 2 1/2, I may have a few breedings with him coming up, nothing 100% yet. In all I would have to say I have seen, hunted , trained with, own, more than 2 dozen of his offspring either direct or 2nd generation. Cecil is going to throw a birddog with a ton of drive, alot of natural pointing, backing, a good nose, tons of style very fast and animated on the ground, and depending on what he is bred to alot of power. I believe he is the #1 producer of NAVHDA utility dogs and somewhere around 25-30 MH's. He crossed well with other lines, especially Hoosier Buddy. They can be a very strong willed dog, they take to training well, clean in the kennels, my two are great in the house. I know Larue has some Cecil in a few of his dogs, JBogacki has a son of his, Dave Quindt probably has seen and worked around more than anyone besides the guys at the kennel. These fellows are on here frequently they may be able to add more to it for you. I hope that helps. Clark Linn has a daughter www.maverickshorthairs.com. I know Dennis well he has trained both of my dogs some, and currently has my female on his trial string now, if there is anything else I can answer please feel free to ask.
My avatar dog is Jack a Cecil son that pic was @ 7months old
A few other pics of Jack

Chip

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:38 pm

Jack is a nice dog and was a great pup, since I bred him. A brother in the litter, Caden's Hoosier Court Jester, Joker won his 1st Open stake in the late fall at 25 months. He is going good.

CJ is a very good one and a producer has been bred a lot and the pups are wonderful, probably 45 litters.

Ruger is a national calibre shooting dog with lots of go, very nice.

I think FC/AFC Cadens Coupe DeVille who is out of Hoosier Buddy X Girdy is a cecil grandson out of Girdie. Very Nice as well.

I would take a pup out of any of those, Jack, and Joker then tie directly to the NFC stuff of Dunfur and where You Ben, dynomite stuff.

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:38 pm

You asked what Saddletramp lines are still out there? Let me word it like this Cecil has been gone for 5 years or more, and I have a 2 1/2 old son of his, there are alot of Saddletramp lines still out there, I will probably linebreed off of him ad Hoosier Buddy as that combination is one I like extremely well, and it works and has been proven repeatedly, both my male and female are out of Cecil and Buddy.

Chip

Gundogs/Nebraska

Post by Gundogs/Nebraska » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 pm

lvrgsp wrote:You asked what Saddletramp lines are still out there? Let me word it like this Cecil has been gone for 5 years or more, and I have a 2 1/2 old son of his, there are alot of Saddletramp lines still out there, I will probably linebreed off of him ad Hoosier Buddy as that combination is one I like extremely well, and it works and has been proven repeatedly, both my male and female are out of Cecil and Buddy.

Chip
Sounds like you have your ducks in a row.. I have to say, I am a beginner at the GSP game, but am soon to learn that there are a couple of bloodlines that really catch my eyes as far as producers and Saddle Tramp is ONE of them.. I like your intentions on keeping this fine bloodline going..

Keep me posted on how your Jack dog does.. I would FOR SURE be interested in a pup out of him.. :D

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:02 am

I've liked every Ruger pup I've seen and I've had my hands on twenty or thirty of them from different breedings. If we ever get our timing straight I'll breed him to My Dandi Runaway Rusty daughter and I haven't bred to an outside stud in over five years.

The pup I have out of him now and Angel is everything I was hopign for from this line so far and I have no doubt but that it'll continue as he grows nd develops. CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

Gundogs/Nebraska

Post by Gundogs/Nebraska » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:51 am

WildRose wrote:I've liked every Ruger pup I've seen and I've had my hands on twenty or thirty of them from different breedings. If we ever get our timing straight I'll breed him to My Dandi Runaway Rusty daughter and I haven't bred to an outside stud in over five years.

The pup I have out of him now and Angel is everything I was hopign for from this line so far and I have no doubt but that it'll continue as he grows nd develops. CR
Sounds like one heck of a breeding if you get your timings together.. :)

Keep us posted if the breeding takes place and thanks for your comment..

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:14 am

I'll breed him to My Dandi Runaway Rusty daughter
That should be a nice coupling.

I have a Ruger son, he is one heck of a dog.
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Gsp On Point

Post by Gsp On Point » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:21 am

We just bred FC/AFC Maggie MH (my avatar dog) out of FC/AFC Dr N's CJ MH and a Cadens bitch to Cadens Dino, a cecil son. Double saddle, should be a good one if you like Saddle. There is info on all of these dogs on Dennis website, www.cadenskennels.com .

Pups are due Feb 20th if anyone's interested!

(edited by Greg to get the period out of the link)
FC/AFC Cadens Maggie MH

Gundogs/Nebraska

Post by Gundogs/Nebraska » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:08 pm

Gsp On Point wrote:We just bred FC/AFC Maggie MH (my avatar dog) out of FC/AFC Dr N's CJ MH and a Cadens bitch to Cadens Dino, a cecil son. Double saddle, should be a good one if you like Saddle. There is info on all of these dogs on Dennis website, www.cadenskennels.com.

Pups are due Feb 20th if anyone's interested!
I tried to pull up Cadens Kennels website and I can't get into any of the attachments for the stud dogs and so on. Is anyone else having the same problem??

Sounds like a nice litter you have coming up..

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:40 pm

Look under "Success Stories" and then the sub menu. The pedigrees of many of the dogs are there.

Greg

Gundogs/Nebraska

Post by Gundogs/Nebraska » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:10 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:Look under "Success Stories" and then the sub menu. The pedigrees of many of the dogs are there.

Greg
Thanks Greg :)

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:00 pm

If anybody comes across a good saddle breeding please let me know. I'm looking for a potential bigger running saddle bred pup to trial with.
Thanks

larue

Post by larue » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:34 pm

not to change the subject,but are there any dogs left that are close to kj's hightailing saddle,cecils sire?
It would seem another logical place to look to me

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:38 pm

I know Rick Rigg still has 2 males I believe from a Ruger breeding, he still has the pick male, he kept back and Rick really would like to see him go to a trial/test home.

Sorry Jerry did not mean to not include you, not really sure how the heck I did that. And the breeding Jerry did to Pepper, really produced a nice litter, thanks Jerry.

Chip

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:42 pm

not to change the subject,but are there any dogs left that are close to kj's hightailing saddle,cecils sire?
That's what I really want but don't know what's still alive and producing?

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:56 pm

Dennis, I thought they had some Saddle stuff left. There are quite a few saddle g-sons, not sure how many Saddle sons if any are left. Cecil is an option. Ray Dohse might have some Ike pups at his kennel , Ike was a Saddle son bred to Fully Automatic Amy. Helmut has Toby I believe he is a Saddle g-son, he may have some others as well. I am probably missing some, those are just off the top of my head. Oh yea Tonelli's sky high is a Saddle g-son, he is out of Sonny x Palermo's sky high ( Saddle daughter ).

Chip

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:59 pm

I had the pleasure of watching Maggie down at camp last year, and she is one heck of a dog Steve. That should be a very very nice litter, Dino is a proven producer, should have plenty of Saddle for ya.

Chip

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:47 pm

larue wrote:not to change the subject,but are there any dogs left that are close to kj's hightailing saddle,cecils sire?
Call Craig Pickel of Smith Center. He is breeding several litters this spring out of a FC son of Saddle and his Saddle bred females. Nice dogs and should produce some great pups.

www.pointinghome.com

I don't think he has the litters posted yet, so give him a call.

Nitrex

larue

Post by larue » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:17 am

I myself am not looking for saddle stuff,as I am going a different direction
in the future,with eva being the start but was just pointing out that there
mignt be a few saddle line bred dogs around,as saddle himself did produce alot .

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:09 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard saddle to saddle breedings didn't produce to many good trial dogs but saddle to clown cross produce very nice dogs. Any truth to this?

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:34 am

I have hard that a lot over the past 10 years.

Might be right.

Who am I to say.

Pepper
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:35 am

I have always heard that close or line bred saddle litters prduced very natural dogs with a ton of point, how do dogs out of this line run? Steve did you hear they did not have enough run or why didnt they make trial dogs?

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:46 am

I haven't heard why I have just heard this a time or two.
My Crash dog goes back to saddle and clown and he is a running SOB! But maybe others closer in his ped. put that in him?
Who am I to say.
You'd know better than most on here!

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:10 pm

Yep you heard right, and that came from a guy that ran a bunch of saddle dogs breed them to tight and not quite as big a runner, Saddle to Clown worked well, Saddle to Buddy worked extremely well, Saddle to Rusty were good. Saddle sons seem to produce better breeding back into Saddle then he did himself, if that makes sense. Was there a "BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN IN THERE SOMEWHERE". Ok that was like typing a tongue twister. Just food for thought. Not that I am any expert.

Oh yea forgot another one Arkansas Timberland Cruiser, and not sure if he is still around Jane's Max dog is a Saddle son, Max's Dixie Saddle.

Chip

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Dixie was a Big Jake daughter and was doubleBumper/Jackson as she was out of a littersister to Hoosier Buddy's momma, Dixie.

Dixie should have been bred to H Buddy and she was bred to his brother Jack but did not produce.

Pepper
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:55 pm

Man you guys sure know whats what. I like to hear or I should say read up on what I cannot yet do (money and such).

My heart used to get apounding when the ponies ran, the thunder of the hooves really got me when I was into that with my Dad. Do the dogs running have this effect on you guys? It must or there must be something that gets the blood up :) and that is entertainment :)
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:20 pm

The Bumper/Jackson is as much as 6-7 generations old and the dogs they produced are historious for sure. I love the Moosegaard gsp's they are just wonderful and great bird dogs.

If you want to breed great dogs for yourself I just want to know that history.

That is what I am breeding and want to breed for as long as I can do it. It will help the breed.

Pepper
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:41 pm

I'll tell ya what get my blood pumping and that is a good ole' birddog, does not matter the breed if it can hunt and I can hunt behind it, that is what gets me going. To be honest I don't care if it is your FT dog , your HT dog your NSTRA dog whatever if that dog can hunt birds that does it. Does not have to have every title in the world to impress me, but it better be a birddog. That's my opinion of what gets me going.

Chip

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:45 pm

markj wrote:Man you guys sure know whats what. I like to hear or I should say read up on what I cannot yet do (money and such).

My heart used to get apounding when the ponies ran, the thunder of the hooves really got me when I was into that with my Dad. Do the dogs running have this effect on you guys? It must or there must be something that gets the blood up :) and that is entertainment :)
Mark it's the same thrill you get when you take four of your buddies hunting and at the end of the day they won't quit bragging about how great your dogs are.

Once you get to trialing and hunt testing though and have a little success it's a much greater compliment because the placements you recieve from judges and pats on the back you get from your competitiors come from people who have seen hundreds or thousands of "top dogs" running head to head. You never get (or can keep) the big head for very long though because there's almost always a better dog next week. CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:51 am

I can belive that, some guys have said I have good dogs after a hunt. Nothing to brag on, just friends out to have a good time thaqt dont have a dog of their own, I actually feel sorry for em :)

Yes a good bird dog gets it for me, I prefer the GSP but have hunted over many a variety. When I was a kid Grandpa had a cocker, was good and birdy, Dad had Springers, we did well using them too. But that rock solid point, from a slow run and slam on point, well that just gets me .

I had a gal was across a wide creek went on point, I just sit down and had a cigar watched her not one bit of movement. I could kinda see where she was pointing and see the bird looking right at her kinda hypnotized. Threw a rock and flushed the bird, too far for a shot he went right out at knee level was waaaay out before he lifted. I wont shoot knee high, may hurt a dog or a person. That memory will keep me warm and cozy when I cannot do it any longer :)
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

jbogacki76

Saddle Tramp

Post by jbogacki76 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:01 pm

I was fortunate enough to have hunted behind Cecil at Cadens in Wisconsin. He was an extremely impressive dog. He cleaned up the field for sure.

I have a Cecil Son as Chip stated. He has been a great dog to me. He is great with kids, loves to play, great in the house, and is great in the field. Very stylish, and he has a great nose.

Although he is getting up there in age now and just came off a Torn ACL last spring. He still gives it everything he has when I run him. He produces birds in any condition. And that’s a fact.

I am no bird dog knowledge base by any means. But I will state the facts for sure.

- Hard Hunters
- Great noses
- Trainability is great (Very advanced, fast learning dogs. I was hunting behind Gage at 8 months while my friends were still training their dog’s basic commands at 13 months)
- Great with people
- And is to this date the most lovable dog I have owned.

In my eye's you really can’t go wrong with a Saddle Tramp.

NOTE:
I have also seen Chips Dogs run a bit. They are PURE BIRD FINDING MACHINES. He has two of the finest dogs I have seen. I plan on getting a female next, and if she is a great dog I plan on breeding her. I am also going straight to CHIP - and I don’t care what the stud fee is (Also, this is already approved by the wife)!!!!!!!

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:06 am

I was hunting behind Gage at 8 months while my friends were still training their dog’s basic commands at 13 months)
I got a grandson of Ruger w. was hunting hard at 5 months, 6 months of age he had more birds shot over him than most dogs in many years of hunting. :)
a retired guy got him from me, I gave him the pup he is a friend of mine. Hunts every day, still out on rabbits till end of the month. He makes a Polish sausage that is yummy. After hearing his talk on poland and the food, I want to go there for a short visit :)
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:18 pm

Thanks for the compliments JBogacki. I'll make sure you get the extra special stud fee price :lol:.
Just to let you know I ran Jack in a local pointer club trail and he really tore it up 2 finds and a NP right at time, that one kinda hurt us but he had one heck of a ground race, litle slow at the start, but finished real strong and to the front.

Chip

jbogacki76

Post by jbogacki76 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Not a problem buddy.

I tell you everytime we talk and your probably sick of hearing it from me.

DSemple

Cecil granddaughter

Post by DSemple » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:47 pm

I have a Cecil granddaughter out of Ruger that just tore it up in her 1st season Pheasant hunting at the ripe old age of 9 to 11 months. Probably had 250 points and 70 retrieves her 1st season on wild Pheasants. (She is pictured to the left)

Tackles the heavy cover, very solid water dog, good thick warm coat, and I swear you could leave her on point over your lunch break if you wanted.

Not field trial Lab smart, but darn smart for a bird dog.

I may have to break out the checkbook and campaign this one.

…..Don
I'm always happy when I make it thru another bird season with my dogs, my gun and my truck.

It's an added plus if I manage to keep my wife, my house or my job.

Gundogs/Nebraska

Post by Gundogs/Nebraska » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:21 pm

So is there going to be any Saddle/Rusty or Luke breedings this year?? If so, who are the Sire and Dam going to be??

(I'm very partial to Dixieland Rusty and/or Luke bloodlines, but I think that a bit of Saddle thrown in there would be GREAT)

:twisted:

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Rick Rigg of Bullseye kennels has a couple of pups from his Rusty x Luke bitch bred to Ruger left. Contact him if you want. His email is allage4@yahoo.com, or pm me and I can get you his cell number. He still has the pick male available as well.

Chip

Windyhills

Post by Windyhills » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:23 pm

Gundogs/Nebraska wrote:

(I'm very partial to Dixieland Rusty and/or Luke bloodlines, but I think that a bit of Saddle thrown in there would be GREAT)

Too bad you weren't looking last year!

Gundogs/Nebraska

Post by Gundogs/Nebraska » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:13 pm

Windyhills wrote:
Gundogs/Nebraska wrote:

Too bad you weren't looking last year!
And why is that?? Did I miss out on something?? :?