Permatack questions and answers!

Mary@Permatack

Permatack questions and answers!

Post by Mary@Permatack » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi everybody, I am Mary from Lee's Permatack. I received an e-mail from one of the GDF members and he suggested I log on to answer some of the questions people have about our product. I'll be checking from time to time and watching for any e-mail questions. I look forward to your questions and or comments.
Thank you and God Bless
Mary
Last edited by Mary@Permatack on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeB

Love Permatack

Post by MikeB » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:25 am

Hi Mary,

Love my Permatack orange check cord. Had it for years and can't wear it out.

MikeB
So. California

V-John

Post by V-John » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:39 am

I have a collar and love it. It looks great!

Mary@Permatack

Post by Mary@Permatack » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:05 am

Thanks you guys for all the great feedback, I am so happy you like your Permatack. I hope it's alright for me to be here, I just thought I might be able to answer some questions. I like to hunt but enjoy watching the dog more than the birds! We have 160 acres with some quail, so we don't have to go too far to hunt. We have a chocolate lab that is phenomenal!

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:48 am

Ought to be alright, welcome aboard.

I have a question. what is that stuff made from? I like a stiff check cord and a stiff collar. Also like leather collars.

My son worked a sportsmans show in Redmond last week and got a permatack check cord and collar for his dog. Says he like it but I haven't seen it yet.
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

TMcphail

Post by TMcphail » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:58 am

Does permatack make a flank rope for training?

Born2Hunt

Post by Born2Hunt » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Do you make them with name plates?? and are the instructions for measuring the dogs on the website?? :D

Mary@Permatack

Post by Mary@Permatack » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:25 pm

I have a question. what is that stuff made from? Don

Hi Don, This material is PVC coated polyester webbing; it has very high tensile strength. When we first tested it, six years ago, we pulled a suburban with it...it has ultra low stretch. won't dry rot or absorb moisture, it won't burn your hands like a rope the check cord remains flexible down to -40 deg and has ultra-Violet stabilized. I use it in place of chains for my gates to watch how is handles the elements, after about four years I noticed it isn't as orange as it used to be, but hasn't deteriorated or cracked at all. We live in Northern Missouri and we get it all, the heat, sun,rain, ice, and snow. I sew every piece myself and we use only heavy solid brass for hardware. I stand behind everything I make. We are a very small Ma and Pa business and I'd like to keep it that way if possible. I hope this helps.
Thanks for your question I hope your son enjoys his Permatack.
Mary

Mary@Permatack

Post by Mary@Permatack » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:32 pm

TMcphail the question is Does permatack make a flank rope for training?

Hi, Thank you for our question. I'm not sure what flank rope is. I can tell you I have been able to custom make just about anything people have asked me for and would be curious to find out what you are looking for and if I could help.
Thanks, Mary

Mary@Permatack

Post by Mary@Permatack » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:44 pm

The question is...Do you make them with name plates?? and are the instructions for measuring the dogs on the website?? Born2Hunt

Hi, Thank you for your question, No we do not have a name plate machine yet, maybe in the future,. I have embossed names on the collars, but they will eventually fade over time. I do put name tags on collars for people in fact I'm waiting for some to come in now. We do not have instructions for measuring the dog, I like to talk to people before I make the collars so they understand what they will be getting. This is a super duty collar originally made for a client who was going through a collar a week. They are a double thickness and stiff, they don't measure like a normal collar would, so I have a hard time just selling them like I would any other item on the web page. To be honest with you, I didn't know they would become so popular.
Thanks, Mary

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:59 am

Welcome aboard Mary. Of course it's ok for you to be here - we're happy that you've signed on to answer questions about your popular product!
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

MikeB

Permatack Leads

Post by MikeB » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:03 am

Mary,

On your leads what width are they? Does the orange check cord material come wider than the standard size?

Mary@Permatack

Post by Mary@Permatack » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:38 pm

Thanks Steven and everyone it's nice to feel welcomed. I recognize a few names which is nice.

Hi Mike,
The check cord comes standard no handle, 25' x 1/2" (orange, black or brown)
I can make the black or brown in 5/8", 3/4" or 1"
Orange come in 1/2" or 1"
I can make any length under 100'
all with or without handles and buckles for tracking leads if requested

The standard 6 ft in brown, black or tan is 3/4 ". If you want a ring in the 6' you have to let me know . There is no extra charge for it.

The Perfection lead is 5/8" by 4.5' , brown, black or tan this comes with a handlers ring. ( orange Perfection lead comes in 1/2"only)

3ft leads is 1/2" brown, black, tan or orange

The orange (HVO) is a special order color from the manufacturer, and more expensive to keep on hand. We had to take a leap of faith and purchase 5,000 ft six years ago before the company would even try to make it for us. Now it is one of their hottest sellers, and you see it other places not just us, but still special order. I keep on hand the 1/2" and the 1'.
I do make traffic leads, slip leads, 3 different Jaeger leads and Coon Hound leads which are all custom, but not on the Web page.

So, if you order an orange Perfection lead or a six ft lead it will come in 1/2' As we get bigger I hope to have other widths made.
Thanks you guys for all your support and good questions.
Mary

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:00 am

Mary:

I have a a check cord and set of tack for my horse. I absolutely love the stuff!

Some of the guys in field trialing do not like using your cords because the cannot coil them on their saddle very easily. Do you have any suggestions?

I used a cable tie (like you get at the hardware store) and fix it to my saddle so I can coil the cord and then tie it tightly to the saddle.

Justin in Hilliard, OH
Happy Customer!
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=275

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=520

Mary@Permatack

Post by Mary@Permatack » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:26 pm

The question is...
Some of the guys in field trialling do not like using your cords because the cannot coil them on their saddle very easily. Do you have any suggestions?

I used a cable tie (like you get at the hardware store) and fix it to my saddle so I can coil the cord and then tie it tightly to the saddle.

Hi Justin,
I'm really happy you like the horse tack too, I don't get as much feedback from the horse people.

About the coiling of the check cord on the horse I can see where this is a problem. I like your idea with the cable tie, or I suppose you could use a piece of velcro, around the loops then make sure you have a the snap fastened into the knot. Some times I hang them for storage this way so there are now loose ends dangling. When I take a long line with me trail riding I do the "hang mans noose" trick,I just tried it with a check cord and it worked fine, and it's not going to come apart. I think the biggest problem might be the time factor, you have to stop and coil it. If I knew how to post a picture I could could show you. I hope this helps
Thank and God Bless,
Mary

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:40 pm

Justin,

I got some strips of velcro as Mary suggested at Wal-Mart to hold together light weight winch straps. Found them in auto parts I think it was. They do work great.

Mary,

Still haven't got to see the cord my son bought but probably soon as I do need to go to Bend pretty quick. Can't find any material I like for check cords any more, all the rope is to soft and limber.
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

Mary@Permatack

Post by Mary@Permatack » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi Don,
I would be curious to know who the vender was at the Sports Show,
There about four Kennels/clubs that carry Permatack in that area, I like to keep track of how people hear about us, than if they ask for club donations I am a little more willing to help.
Thanks, Mary

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Just wanted to take the time to thank you as well.

Thanks Mary,

I have been using two of your Permatack check cords for over 3 years now and I tell everyone where I got them, in fact I even put a link on our club website. I first learned of your product here on the Gundog forum and I quickly shared it with the AZ Vizsla and Weimaraner clubs. I still get people today asking me about them.

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:07 pm

Mary,
Probably 5 or 6 years ago I was talking to some dog men and mentioned that I wanted a leash to hang on my kennels. I wanted one that wouldn't break down in our Missouri weather and could be left at the kennels where I always need one. It was mentioned that Jon Hann was using some new stuff for leads and checkcords. They brought me a leash, it was probably some of your first stuff and I still use it. I have since bought a checkcord too. I have the Perfection leash and really like the ring in the handle so I can put it around my shoulder while dog is loose and keep my hands free. I need to get a collar for my pup after she physically matures. I appreciate your donations to the Shoal Creek Pheasants/Quail Forever chapter here in Cameron.
David R. King

Mary@Permatack

Post by Mary@Permatack » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi Dave!
That is so neat to hear. It was probably made by Kirk before we had the embosser. While he was in between jobs, he was training for Jon I was working in Surgery full time. Both of us were sewing at night to start the business. Wow that's neat that you still have it and it's been in the elements all these years. Now I know who big Dave is!! Thanks so much for letting me know, It may even be the first one! You know we are only 5 miles from Cameron just 1/4 mile off 36HWY. Thanks, I don't mind donating to a good cause!
Let me know when you need the collar.

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:32 pm

Mary,

Are you east or west of town?
Soggy Bottom Kennels
Home of:
Soggy Bottom's Dapper Dan
Belly Acres Whinehard
Soggy Bottom's Juicy Butte
Soggy Bottom's Bonafide
Soggy Bottom's Col. Angus

Mary@Permatack

Post by Mary@Permatack » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:34 pm

dhondtm, Thanks I really appreciate you telling people about us. If I can ever get my Web designer to work on the Web page I'd like to reciprocate everyone links on a page. Right now we don't have any links, which is really sad! We still have dial up if you can even imagine.........So every time he takes it down something goes wrong! My husband is my WEB designer so I can't get too mad at him. I would also like putting up a link to the Gun Dog Forum.

Mary@Permatack

Post by Mary@Permatack » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:37 pm

wannabe,
Hi I am East of town South on Grandview Road. The only farm on the road you can't miss it! Where are you?
Mary

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:36 pm

Mary,
I know right where you guys are located, Jon showed me while he was still at his Kidder location. When my pup is grown I may have to bring her to you for a "fitting".
Go Lady Hornet Basketball!

corytch

Post by corytch » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:01 pm

WHAT IS THE WEB SITE?

Mary@Permatack

Post by Mary@Permatack » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:15 pm

Thanks Ted,
I know how supportive you have been through the years, along with many others, and I won't forget it.
God Bless
Mary

What about those LADY HORNETS STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!