Hey littleking

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Hey littleking

Post by kninebirddog » Fri May 09, 2008 10:23 pm

K Nine Gun's and Roses aka Bailey
some table and ground work...Not expecting her to do much but a friend of mine is gonna handle her in a show over memorial day weekend
Bailey Stacking.jpg
can't believe they just turned 7 months old already
Bailey and the Babies 013.JPG
Hows your baby coming along
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

ohiohuntinweim

Re: Hey littleking

Post by ohiohuntinweim » Sat May 10, 2008 6:51 am

Is that little bailey the toothy puppy? She's gotten huge!!!!
Jeremy

"Going to the woods is going home." -John Muir

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat May 10, 2008 7:10 am

Yep she is the one....would you believe everyonce in a while she STILL likes to test me

thats brats for you
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

littleking

Post by littleking » Sun May 11, 2008 6:16 pm

looking goood!

Here is Pepita's Beeline Bella!

MINES CUTER!

bellas tail just NEVER stops, even when shes getting in trouble.

she's doing great on prey drive right now, i've shot a couple birds over her... she just all out bird crazy at the moment.

potty training is FINALLY starting to kick in.... still a bit of whining in the kennel, but none at night anymore THANK GOD.

littleking

Post by littleking » Tue May 13, 2008 6:30 pm

so hows she doing on birds?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue May 13, 2008 6:43 pm

Bailey is a maniac for birds

I need to get the camera out for updates on the bird work and her points..still am working with a check cord and launchers..but she is learning she can't catch pigeons on free run launcher work but she sure gives it her all to try

and Here is very selective with her...but we are slowly working a different approach with that as she is coming of age where commands are going to start being a bit more INSISTED upon...The cute angelic age is over

Grange

Post by Grange » Tue May 13, 2008 7:33 pm

Here's another sibling, Falcon, who belongs to my parents. She definitely likes birds, but to me what is most impressive is her run. She is just so darn beautiful when she's running. She likes to stay in front, looks like she's gliding across the ground and that tail (what's left), it's always held high.

Taken two weekends (4/27/2008) ago while training.

And just for reference here is the little gal when my parents brought her home.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue May 13, 2008 9:46 pm

can't believe how fast they grow up

a group of good looking pups :mrgreen:

littleking

Post by littleking » Wed May 14, 2008 5:34 am

bella is just bird stupid.... not working on pointing yet, letting her have fun try and chase pigeons till she learns she cant catch them

she is bird nuts. she lays on her back under the pigeon coop with some sort of "scream" noise freaking out :)

all all your guys's dogs vocal? bella is the most vocal dog i've ever seen in my life. she's always vocalizing some sort of noise

littleking

Post by littleking » Wed May 14, 2008 5:37 am

more of bella.... she sure looked like a piss rag as a pup

funny you mentioned the tail. bellas is much longer, and her tail NEVER stops moving... even when getting punished... its ALWAYS waggin

Grange

Post by Grange » Wed May 14, 2008 7:01 am

Yes, my parent's dog is very vocal. She will "sing" an awful lot when playing with my lab and the other brittany. She also absolutely loves it outside. She seems to bark at the patio door all day and the yard is littered with sticks she grabs from the surrounding woods.

As far as bird work my father is working with her right now. She just loves watching birds and you can tell when she hits scent. She is starting to hold point longer and longer. She's not where his other brittany was at that age, but then with the big winter we had she didn't get as much training as the other brittany at this age either. She isn't as strong at retrieving as the other brittany either. She will bring back birds, but other things such as bumpers or toys she isn't as good. She does love to run as well. Range certainly won't be an issue unless my father wants a closer working dog and she does listen well.

When my new house is finished being built later this summer I will miss spending time with her every day.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed May 14, 2008 7:09 am

Bailey can be a bit mouthy

and she is always testing those small boundaries...our old setter who hates puppies Bailey just can't leave her alone always coming up soft and gentle wants to give her kisses...So here is Tiffy teeth snarling and growling and Bailey licking away at tiffy's face. She is pushy and tests limit consistantly but that is puppy
but Bailey sure pouts when she is reprimanded...she has toys to play with...

but what is it about water bottles that little snot can get the caps off faster then any dog I have ever seen

Bailey is not as vocal as some days but she can be vocal when she wants

and in the field GO GO GO she is getting better about Going with me the direction I am going

littleking

Post by littleking » Wed May 14, 2008 7:31 am

i have zero problems with retrieving, the only issue is when her and my 3 year old britt go for a retrieve, she'll back off.
im working with my 3yr old to honor retrieves... i started saying fetch as a pup every time she picked something up or went for something that i threw. she retrieves to hand every time.

bella runs REALLY hard, then again i have a whippet and high strung brittany to keep her wheels going strong.

her latest hobby is pushing out the screens, which im correcting quickly.

her natural range is AWESOME, she seems to be closer working than addie... but on that note, training has been tough lately as we went from 3 feet of snow, to mid 70's and 2 inches of rain per day

other than that shes great

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed May 14, 2008 4:30 pm

Here is a few pics from this morning...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

littleking

Post by littleking » Thu May 15, 2008 7:51 am

good pics, maybe once this rain moves on i'll get out and do some more training and get some pics

littleking

Post by littleking » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:19 pm

well, just when i thought the potty training was kicking it, i realize its not....

she can go 8 hrs at night without messing in her kennel... but can't go 8 hrs during the day without.

i feed at 4pm, so its not a water/food issued. (shes peeing in the kennel, not pooping).

still working on the gun, we made a ton of progress (starting at 100yds with 209 primer caps), working up to the 20ga....

last week mid chase on a pigeon she stopped chasing at the time the gun was fired (50 yards shooting in other direction)

so time to move the gun back further again.

bella truly has been a test of my will. shes 8 months old, not potty trained, will not stop whining in the kennel, love her none the less but dammit its got to stop sometime... right?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:44 pm

well heck....my little monster is doing much better with the kennel...we have had a few accidents but....basically not her fault :oops:

At the show i dumped her into she took 4 second place ribbons for class and 2 third places judge was going for those dogs which the brittany seminar had just gone over about excessive feathering and that hackney gait was to be severly penalized to bad they didn't attend :wink: but on the other hand she did carry her tail to high...supposed to be at 1-2 o clock....Bailey carries hers at 12 :lol:

my poor friend who was handling handled about 6 dogs each day which included Bailey by day 4 was tired and ...i was tired just getting dogs ready to hand to her and watching her but it was fun though

as for gunshots bailey has already ahd a couple birds shot for her....we have to work on the here part of the retrieve but since she is just 7 1/2 months old ...we are just starting on some semi formal training... but at the same time still gotta make things fun :wink:

littleking

Post by littleking » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:57 pm

bella's tail is high noon as well... NEVER stops wagging... but "bleep" she's a piss pot

Grange

Post by Grange » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:35 pm

Falcon's tail is always high. This past Friday she was at the patio door "singing" so I let her out thinking she had to go potty as that's how she lets us know she needs to go outside. Well she gets off the deck and goes into a strong point. I didn't realize my father let out his pigeons. I called my father over and he goes outside thinking this is a good training exercise. She held the point until the birds flushed.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:44 pm

here is Bailey with her handler
Bailey.JPG

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Those are all nice looking pups. Will be interesting to see how they progress.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Great looking dogs folks!! They grow up to darn fast.

Mav.....
We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.
And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

Knine's Ghost Rider

Paisley

Ch Ruffwood's Dixie Girl FD

littleking

Post by littleking » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:36 pm

bella 002.JPG

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:35 pm

Its funny you saying their tail is too high when all of the pics show them at 2 or so. Plus I never saw a judge knock a Brit for tail position unless it was tucked between their legs.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:55 pm

She would stack that way

but as soon as she moved up went her tail to 12 ...

a friend took some more pictures she is supposed to send to me

here is one that shows her instant tail posistion
DSC01726.JPG

littleking

Post by littleking » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:06 am

bella seems to be kind of "soft", very susceptible to correction, but it depends on where her attention is.

If shes paying attention to someone/something else, she acts as if correction does not matter. If i have her full attention, she almost winces with any correction. kind of odd.