Thought I'd share

Ditch__Parrot

Re: Thought I'd share

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:12 pm

Very cute pup all controversy aside.

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:24 am

Sadie__Marie wrote:Very cute pup all controversy aside.
I agree. Sure looks like a GSP in all regards except her unusual color. I'd be very interested in hearing about the DNA analysis. BTW - how much does that cost??

aylaschamp

Post by aylaschamp » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:36 pm

Sorry to kick a dead horse but I went back and read this entire thread. The others have been deleted for one reason or another. I have nothing to hide so I welcome any discussion you may have about these dogs. Please keep it in a calm manor though. Sandy has changed in color some but remains quite unusual. I am going to post an insert of the breed for you to look over and come to your own conclusions about. Her dam has DNA 5 generations back on her pedigree as well.
Country of Origin: The German Shorthaired Pointer (also known as the ‘GSP‘, ‘Deutsch Kurzhaar’, or ‘DK’) is a German breed resulting from careful crosses in the 17th century of the Spanish Pointer, Foxhound, Italian Pointer, and Hannover Hound. Generally bred for function over form, the German Shorthaired Pointer was later crossed with the Pointer to introduce style, speed, and ‘nose up’ scenting capabilities. The end result was an adaptable hunting dog with trailing, pointing, and retrieving capabilities which could kill wounded game when necessary. Two early 19th century German Shorthaired Pointers named Nero and Treff, successful racers who bred many descendants, are sometimes credited as the parents of the modern breed. The German Shorthaired Pointer was first imported to America in the 1920’s and recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1930. Today, German Shorthaired Pointers are a popular hunting breed and moderately popular show dogs and pets. German Shorthaired Pointers are featured prominently in the books ‘Colter: The True Story of the Best Dog I Ever Had’ by Rick Bass, ‘Run, Rainey, Run’ by Mel Wallis, and Robert B. Parker’s ‘Spenser’ detective novels.
Size: The German Shorthaired Pointer has a shoulder height of 53-64 cm (21-25 in) and weighs 20-32 kg (45-70 lbs). It has a large brown nose, moderate stop (depression where the muzzle meets the forehead), and rounded, highly set ears. German S horthaired Pointers have webbed feet and a tail docked to less than half its natural length.
Coat: The German Shorthaired Pointer has a flat coat with a stiff, water-resistant undercoat. It is liver (dark brown) with possible white, brown, or yellow markings. Some standards allow black or black and white. Most German Shorthaired Pointers have a solid-colored head and white body ‘ticked’ with liver or vice versa.
Character: The German Shorthaired Pointer is intelligent, eager to learn, loyal and brave. It will become hyperactive if not properly exercised.
Temperament: The German Shorthaired Pointer gets along well with children, but caution should be exercised with young children as the German Shorthaired Pointer is quite boisterous. German Shorthaired Pointers get along with other dogs but may have a high prey instinct with cats or other pets, which can be overcome by training and socializing the dog when young. The German Shorthaired Pointer makes a good watchdog.

I've tried to get DNA testing done but with little success. If any of you know where I can look to prove our case please help me out. I'm not trying to change anything but I am trying to prove she is who she is. Thanks for your time. If anyone is interested I may be able to get picks of the littermates and the entire lines this weekend.

live4point

Post by live4point » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:31 am

I dont want to get into the debate of what this dog is,but I did want to say I think it's a good looking dog anyway.I would like to see a picture of when it is full grown locked up on a bird.When it comes down to it,a dogs papers dont mean much.Anyone can use a dead dogs papers for another dog they know little about or never had papers.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:27 am

Contact the AKC on the DNA they will send you a packet for $35 I think, and more importantly I would get the E Lotus test done. If the dams pedigree is the same as on page one that you posted, I would love to see the DNA numbers. There is no guessing on my part where the color comes from :wink:
JMO,

Chip

birddogsunlimited

Post by birddogsunlimited » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:22 am

verry nice looking pup no mater what she ends up being. she looks like she is well on her way to being a great hunting dog
rossi ann. gsp
mavrick gsp
willow gsp
Charlie yellow lab
kimber yellow lab
barrett yellow lab
mikey choc. lab r.i.p buddy

littlehunterkennels

Post by littlehunterkennels » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:31 pm

It is finally nice to see people actually complimenting other peoples dogs :D

live4point

Post by live4point » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:05 am

Hope I dont offend anyone,as I said before I think it's a nice looking dog,but I have named this dog--drum roll please-----------I now introduce to you and therefore christin thee---------The German BLONDEHAIRED pointer! :D If you want to use my name feel free to contact my lawyer and we will settle on what I decide is an appropriate figure $ :lol:

GsPJustin

Post by GsPJustin » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:36 am

littlehunterkennels wrote:It is finally nice to see people actually complimenting other peoples dogs :D
amen

madonna

Post by madonna » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:28 am

What a nice pup! Greeting madonna
The woman, who plays with the pups

aylaschamp

Post by aylaschamp » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:02 pm

Well, I got some birds yesterday and did some playing around with the dogs today. I thought this would be a good place to do a sort of update?

First off, Sandy:

She's a retrieving fool!!!

Here is Leo:

I was actually on the phone with a guy trying to get in the front gate while he was retrieving. LOL

Even the Dogo got birdy sooooooooo:

It's not the most stylish point but she actually likes birds?????