bring on bird season already

brookzee

bring on bird season already

Post by brookzee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:18 pm

i personally have had enough summer and enough heat. i'm just ready for bird season to be here. i have a dog in montana that i think is ready ready ready.finding sharpies and broke and running real nice. we are going to run her in the sharptail also.anyway, i just wanted to vent a little.maybe i can someone to post a current picture of my girl in montana.
jb

LEGLIFTER

Re: bring on bird season already

Post by LEGLIFTER » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Only 34 days till the dove opener. I can taste em already.

Chaingang

Post by Chaingang » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:35 pm

I hear ya.....

smoothbean

Post by smoothbean » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:48 pm

I'm with you. I have had enough of this heat. No shapies here in Indiana but a trip west is high on my list of things to do.

WiskeyJaR

Post by WiskeyJaR » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Cant wait, Will be me frist time hunting with a dog, just hope I can do me dog justice...:)

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:31 pm

Heck I am more than ready for dove season. I use it as a tune up for quail and after starting out shooting dove in September and move on to quail in November then by the time pheasant season roles around in December those pheasant look the size of California Condors. :D

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:31 am

brookzee wrote:i personally have had enough summer and enough heat. i'm just ready for bird season to be here.
I'm with you on that...then I go to the beach, and lets just say the scenery could be worse and I'm not so sure anymore :lol: :lol: I'm torn!

jackmcmanus21

Post by jackmcmanus21 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:26 am

About a month into summer I'm already sick of it...I'm not built for hot weather. I'm more of a "Fall" guy myself

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:31 am

I am a big guy myself and love fall and winter. I can always put on enough to get warm but cant ever take off enough to get cool. A bonus to winter is no one can tell how really fat I am in a parka. :D

cgbirddogs

Post by cgbirddogs » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:54 am

tommyboy72 wrote:I am a big guy myself and love fall and winter. I can always put on enough to get warm but cant ever take off enough to get cool. A bonus to winter is no one can tell how really fat I am in a parka. :D
lol good point.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:40 am

The transition from summer to fall is the toughest time of the year for me. The darn five "W"s. Fall fishing is great! Do I fish ... do I hunt ... when do I winterize the motors and put the boats away ... should I take a three or four or five day weekend ... should I breed my personal bitch and lose her for some or all of the fall hunting season ... should I hunt ruffed grouse or pheasants this weekend ... can one or more of the boys go along or should I just rustle up a buddy ... now where did I leave that note with the address for the time bank , so I can go buy some more time .... ahh ... it just doesn't get much better than this time of year !!! :D
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it