Wirehaired Vizsla

EddieF

Wirehaired Vizsla

Post by EddieF » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:47 am

Bear with me. Every batch of puppy photos I get is more exciting than the last. Shown here at 18 days, these pups really look great. I don't know which is mine, but I'm going to be happy with any one of the females in this bunch!!

dogirl

Re: Wirehaired Vizsla

Post by dogirl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:21 pm

Are you getting it from Vidor Kennel in Michigan?

EddieF

Post by EddieF » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:55 pm

No but it's her friend in Illinois. These pups' grandmother is a Vidor dog.

lakota

Post by lakota » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:39 pm

Do they have there tails docked?

EddieF

Post by EddieF » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:42 pm

lakota wrote:Do they have there tails docked?
These don't. Some do, some don't. They're not yet recognized here in the U.S. so there isn't a standard for tails. The ones that are docked that I've seen seem to be about twice the length of a GSP tail. Kind of inbetween.

cuwader

Post by cuwader » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:42 am

great looking pups! i like both sides of the coin, but I'm curious what made you go for wirehaired vs shorthaired?

EddieF

Post by EddieF » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:13 pm

cuwader wrote:great looking pups! i like both sides of the coin, but I'm curious what made you go for wirehaired vs shorthaired?
I've always liked the sporting breeds for pure aesthetics. My last dog was a German Shorthair. I have a friend who has a Spinone I just love, his face is awesome but he doesn't have that athletic physique of a pointer. I thought about a GWP - the beard and eyebrows just seem to convey so much personality in their face, but I needed to get a little farther away from my last GSP. My wife found this breed and showed it to me, and the more I read the more I liked. I fish a lot and spend a lot of time around the river, and they love water. They're a little more hardy in cold weather than the smooth Vizslas, and I believe they're a little bigger all around than the smoothcoats.

So, that was sort of a rambling reply, but I guess a lot of things brought me to this breed. The similarity to a Spinone I like a lot, the dissimilarity to my GSP, the love of water, the looks, the temperament.

NE Vizsla

Post by NE Vizsla » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:44 pm

I think they are very nice looking, i hope to see some more pics of the one you take home.

EddieF

Post by EddieF » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:09 pm

NE Vizsla wrote:I think they are very nice looking, i hope to see some more pics of the one you take home.
Oh, you will!! :D :D