garmin astro pricing

gar-dog

garmin astro pricing

Post by gar-dog » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:13 pm

While recently looking for a garmin handheld GPS, I stumbled across an online retailer with amazing prices. It looks like they have the Garmin Astro for $439.99. (91 units in stock) Can you tell if this definitely includes the collar as well? If you look at the package contents it appears this is included. They have another listed at $362.99 - but I don't believe it includes the collar - I think that is the difference. (It is the older DC 20 rather than DC 30 collar).

With collar?
http://www.thenerds.net/GARMIN_INTERNAT ... 59600.html

Without collar?
http://www.thenerds.net/GARMIN_INTERNAT ... 54800.html

This place has amazing prices on handheld GPS units.... the best I have seen anywhere. But I may go with the Astro.
G

gar-dog

Re: garmin astro pricing

Post by gar-dog » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:26 pm

I saw that if you show you purchased a DC20 and then buy a DC30, you get a $50 rebate. So if you buy the unit here for $440, then essentially pay $150 for the DC30, for $590 you have a 2-dog system - with one old and one new collar.

Lab Man

Post by Lab Man » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:28 pm

I offer a Member discount on Garmin collars. Should have the DC-30 models in stock on the 22nd of this month. If you need any prices e-mail me at mark@coonriverkennels.com

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:37 pm

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Wow - $459.98 - and you get the newer collar. Now that is a deal. Ever bought from them? That may just throw me over the edge!

By the way folks, try to pay for stuff with specific credit cards, like AMEX. I am pretty sure when you buy something from Amex it doubles the manufacturer's warranty. Most people don't know this. Save your receipts!

Edit:
from Amex site:

Automatic Protection - Charge your covered purchases that have a valid U.S. manufacturer's warranty entirely to the Card.
Extend Your Warranty - The Extended Warranty will extend the terms of the original U.S. manufacturer's warranty for up to one additional year on eligible purchases with warranties of 5 years or less.
Don't Think Twice - Coverage is available for eligible items for up to $10,000 (not to exceed $50,000 per Card account per policy year).
Embedded Protection - Just use your Card and Purchase Protection protects eligible purchases against accidental damage or theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
Worldwide Coverage - Coverage includes eligible purchases made worldwide with the Card, including gifts purchased for others.
Shop Worry Free - Purchase Protection repairs, replaces or reimburses you for the amount charged to the Card (not to exceed the original purchase price). Coverage is limited to up to $1,000 per Occurrence, up to $50,000 per Card account per policy year, and is in EXCESS of other sources of indemnity

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:55 pm

gar-dog wrote:
Ever bought from them?
No I haven't, I just tend to search the internet for deals when I'm bored. If I end up getting one of these I'll order from them. Anybody looking for a Garmin 60 Csx? :lol:

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:37 pm

mtlee wrote: I just tend to search the internet for deals when I'm bored.
Sounds like someone I know... )

Peak

Post by Peak » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:14 am

I just ordered one from directron.com. i was impressed too. they called me within an hour of my order to confirm my adress. i ordered it late wednsday afternoon and just looked tracked my order using the tracking number and it is going to be here today. that is 2 and 1/2 days from time ordered via standard shipping. so i am impressed with their service and for sure the price.

RCB

Post by RCB » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:28 am

I still am wondering if that is the unit with the new collar. I have pre-ordered one from Lion Country and they stated that the factory will not ship them out to their wholesalers until the 18th. Let us know if that unit has the new collar, and if so, I will cancel my order with LC because their price is a whole lot higher.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:04 pm

The listing displays the new collar and specifies a DC30 in the details. If I ordered from that page and got the old collar - I'd be quite upset.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:51 pm

phermes1 wrote:The listing displays the new collar and specifies a DC30 in the details. If I ordered from that page and got the old collar - I'd be quite upset.
Funny, the picture and the package contents lists the DC30 collar. However, the stock number 0100059600 is consistent with the one used on the Astro Combo with the older unit. You would think the newer one would have a different part number.

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:54 pm

Peak wrote:I just ordered one from directron.com. i was impressed too. they called me within an hour of my order to confirm my adress. i ordered it late wednsday afternoon and just looked tracked my order using the tracking number and it is going to be here today. that is 2 and 1/2 days from time ordered via standard shipping. so i am impressed with their service and for sure the price.
Peak, please let us know asap if it is the old or the new!
Thanks,
Gary

Peak

Post by Peak » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:04 pm

got the old one. i am pretty pissed off. they claim it was a mistake and they are shipping me the new one monday. we'll see :twisted: :twisted:

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:07 pm

Hah, monday is the day the new ones are supposed to be in.

Peak

Post by Peak » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:11 pm

just got off the phone with them again. he said it is possible that it is there and the web people put down the pic and details for the dc-30 when in actuallity it was the dc-20. he said either way he is working with garmin to get me the dc-30 since it is possibly their fault. seems like they are really trying to get me the right one so i hope they do.

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:35 pm

I wonder if the price will be the same on the DC30 now that they have uncovered their mistake. I feel like I should order one now before anything changes!

Flush

Post by Flush » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:36 pm

Good Luck Peak,
At least they are in contact with you trying to make it right. I was very sceptical they were shipping you a DC30 since no other Garmin seller has been able to ship the DC30 units yet.

Please let us know if/when you get your DC30. If they get you one in a reasonable manner for the price advertised, I may order from them. If I had to guess I would say they will get Peak one for that price, but will be likely increase the price for the real DC30 unit in the future. Might be worth ordering one now at that price, but there is risk....

Thanks!
Flush

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Sounds like it was an honest mistake on their part, and they plan on fixing it. If they make it right, they'll go to the top of my list next time I'm looking to buy.
If they don't make it right, they go right to the bottom. :)

RCB

Post by RCB » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:15 pm

The ad still has the new collar pictured but they have changed the narrative to include the old collar.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:37 am

Oh, that's nice. How misleading.